IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

Esther & Nathan traveled in their RV from NJ to Chicago to go to the show.  Can I please get the same money tree these two are living off of, that's a crap ton of miles/gas AR-TN-PA-NJ-IL so far on this trip.!

A couple vids posted in her IG story by Tiff and he's really not that good live & solo, at least in my opinion.  Nothing shown of the audience at all.

• Upvote 6

The good thing about Lawson’s show is that it probably won’t be a covid super spreader. I would love to know the attendance numbers. The person or team that booked him probably thought that someone with 270,000 Instagram followers could sell some tickets. My guess is 50 people and that’s being generous.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The good thing about Lawson’s show is that it probably won’t be a covid super spreader. I would love to know the attendance numbers. The person or team that booked him probably thought that someone with 270,000 Instagram followers could sell some tickets. My guess is 50 people and that’s being generous.

Yeah, and half were family/friends that probably only bought a bottle of water or so, another 10 people were probably passing by and decided to have a look and the rest were actual "fans" of Lawson and decided to go seeing him live 😂 

• Upvote 7

I spent over a decade working with bands and attending multiple shows a week so I feel like I have a good amount of experience to comment on Lawsons's "music career".

From the videos Tiffany posted, he is an absolutely lacklustre performer. I actually thought the footage was from his sound check. I cannot imagine anyone other than a brainwashed humper being thrilled about his show last night. 

If I was the venue/promoter, I would honestly be annoyed by both his performance and apparent zero plugging of his own show. I don't think he was a last minute addition - the ticket Tiffany showed has his face printed on. How long did they know about this show but said nothing until hours before? The venue is part of a high school and seems to be really nice. They have this show listed along with others from October 2021 so I have to assume he has had this booked for months and apparently did no work for it. 

For me, he would be a pay-to-play artist from a booking standpoint, in that he would need to sell x amount of pre-sale tickets to guarantee his spot and payment on the night. 

I used to have a bunch of bands whose music I didn't care for, but I knew would draw a crowd and put on a show so they'd get a good spot. 

Lawson calling himself a musician is honestly such a joke. He didn't once post a story hyping up this show, he didn't post on his feed, there's no link in his bio... His mom and fiancé posting a few hours out does not cut it. 

He is incredibly lazy and a poor performer. It's a shame they didn't encourage Carlin to sing more. As annoying as she is, I remember her singing with Lawson and she had a much stronger voice and tons of charisma. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 14

40 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Lawson calling himself a musician is honestly such a joke. He didn't once post a story hyping up this show, he didn't post on his feed, there's no link in his bio... His mom and fiancé posting a few hours out does not cut it. 

He is incredibly lazy and a poor performer. It's a shame they didn't encourage Carlin to sing more. As annoying as she is, I remember her singing with Lawson and she had a much stronger voice and tons of charisma. 

Thank you. I'm so tired of some folks still giving Lawson the benefit of the doubt because over a decade ago, he sometimes bought groceries for his family. He's pushing 30 and puts less than the minimum amount of effort into his alleged "music career." He also, by his nonstop vacations, willfully neglects the constable job that his neighbors elected him to do (and from which he could actually earn some $$ if he was ever home to serve some documents). Unlike some of his brothers and brothers-in-law, he isn't spending any time learning some marketable skills (electrician, plumbing, flying). He never seems to work on the family tree business and seems to have abandoned his lawncare business.  He is a lazy overgrown preening manboy who deserves nothing.

• Upvote 22

With no pre publicity he was lucky to get 50-100 people in a school auditorium.

He travels the world yet expects the world to fall at his feet

Lawson is due a reality check, but Tiff was chosen because she worships him and will not be the one to tell him he should get a job

• Upvote 10

I wanna know how much or how he even pays his band. To go around the country for Lawson Bates, Unless I'm getting at least a million dollars I'm staying home. 

And His family always loves to comment on his songwriting. I've honestly never thought it was amazing. It's hard to pay attention to the lyrics with his vocals over them. If you just look at the lyrics could one of his (newer) songs be sung by a major country artist and hit the charts. 

Also, Esther's brother Eric is trying to be a country singer, but I find his voice a lot better than Lawson's.

• Upvote 2

Lawson wants to be famous and get money and freebies. His preference would be as a singer I’m sure, but he’s not really bothered as long as he gets to preen, travel and show off. He also likes to throw in his bigoted views, but does those on Twitter rather than Instagram.

I’m expecting wedding merchandise on a scale we haven’t seen since Charles and Diana married.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

Lawson's so vain, he'll probably be jealous he doesn't get to walk down the aisle with all those adoring eyes looking Just! At! Him! 🤣

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Lawson's so vain, he'll probably be jealous he doesn't get to walk down the aisle with all those adoring eyes looking Just! At! Him! 🤣

He will absolutely have to make some sort of grand entrance, like skydiving Nathan.  Its a shame they aren't Hindu (or Persian)-- Lawson would love to ride up dressed like a prince on a white horse!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

He will absolutely have to make some sort of grand entrance, like skydiving Nathan.  Its a shame they aren't Hindu (or Persian)-- Lawson would love to ride up dressed like a prince on a white horse!!

Here he is:

561D4D2B-1647-4620-9E16-84655EC88A40.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 36

He psoted the Crazy Love video on his youtube. I dared to watch it (after a few minutes of hesitation). YIKES. I don't remember his voice being that bad (it's been a few years since I've actually listened to him singing - apparently that was a good choice). Tiffany is singing with him and she has a better voice. The entire video is from Italy. Their engagement is in there. I don't know why, but it's just funny a country song but the video takes place in Italy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, meep said:

He psoted the Crazy Love video on his youtube. I dared to watch it (after a few minutes of hesitation). YIKES. I don't remember his voice being that bad (it's been a few years since I've actually listened to him singing - apparently that was a good choice). Tiffany is singing with him and she has a better voice. The entire video is from Italy. Their engagement is in there. I don't know why, but it's just funny a country song but the video takes place in Italy. 

He wrote this for Josie's wedding and just now releasing it. And his voice does suck. How has nobody told him this yet

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, meep said:

He apparently pulled the video? It’s set to private now. I wonder what’s up with that.

Did he listen to it again and finally realised it was bad?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

Okay, I listened to the previews on apple music with my unbiased, artist development ears.

Some of the songs are accessible, catchy, filled with cheesy clichés but fine for basic radio-friendly country. With the right singer and a few tweaks, some of these could've been picked up as filler for other artists. 

The problem is Lawson's voice. On most of the tracks he sounds weak and like he's struggling to hit both the lower and higher notes. To some it might come across as him trying to emote but he really sounds like he has no gas in the tank. These are not difficult songs to sing either. 

The song they released with Tiffany is interesting. Her vocals are layered with his more heavily than I expected and there are way too many additional (heavily tuned, maybe even programmed) vocals tracked on the choruses. Tiffany completely outshines Lawson, it sounds like he's pushing himself whereas she's easily hitting the notes and vibe. She has a bright voice and a nice tone, a little generic but I could see her doing okay if she'd a) wanted to sing and b) had not hitched her wagon to this lunatic fundie family. 

It's a similar deal with the track he's recorded with Olivia. She has a nice voice and again sounds stronger and less "worked on" than Lawson. 

I'm not sure how much more the producer/engineer could've done with these tracks. There's clearly a ton already going on with the vocal production, an excessive amount for my tastes. If Lawson really wants to work in music, he should take some writing workshops and find a partner to work with. As a writer on a team, he could have some success. As a singer? No chance.

He has a weak voice, is a poor performer and apparently doesn't care to promote his own shows. Touring (and to a lesser extent, merch) is how you make your money and build a fan base as an artist. You get new fans and followers by putting yourself out there, working at it, showing up in as many places as possible, being consistent with releasing music and content.

It's not like he has a job or any real responsibilities at this point so why hasn't he been putting in the effort? Instead he's travelling around with Tiffany, taking a million selfies and assuming he has the talent to get himself further. Aside from people who watch the TV show, nobody is randomly stumbling across his music and being blown away by it.

I'm also still mad about that sorry excuse for a live show he put on. All the people that had to show up for it to go ahead, lighting, sound, door people, backstage/handlers, promoter... Ugh, what a waste of their time. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 6

From the limited knowledge I have about the country music business he could actually make money as a song writer.  But he seems to be totally focused on being a star on his own.

• Upvote 6

Is Lawson trying to be a country singer who’s a Christian that’s sings chaste love songs or a Christian country singer where the focus is all about God? If he wants to be a regular old country artist but won’t perform in bars, it seems like he’d have a tough time getting gigs. I don’t know anything about his music or the amount of crossover between country and Christian music.

• Upvote 8

He could be a decent wedding singer...for fundie weddings. Not sure about the fundie light crowd. If not he could model clothes for Belk or Macy's. Maybe J Crew or American Eagle. Right now his looks is all he's got going for him at the moment. So far the shows ratings are good and people might actually be interested in his wedding.

• Upvote 2

As Tiffany started acting when she was very young it’s possible she had coaching on performance which may have included singing lessons, hence a better technique and performance. I doubt Lawson thinks he can be taught anything.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

As Tiffany started acting when she was very young it’s possible she had coaching on performance which may have included singing lessons, hence a better technique and performance. I doubt Lawson thinks he can be taught anything.

From the clips I've heard, she's definitely had vocal coaching. Couldn't say how recently but her performance on the song with Lawson was clean, has good tone and sounded to me like she got her part pretty quickly. 

I've spent enough hours in studios to hear who is gonna be a couple of takes, some minor adjustments and then they're done and who is going to take all day, keep making the same mistakes and then still need the engineer to work some magic. 

If these are the best vocals they could get out of Lawson in a STUDIO... Yikes. 

His music is a vanity project. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I’m assuming that Travis can really sing. I wonder if he just smiles politely when listening to Lawson’s music while thinking to himself that Lawson’s a hack.

In the comments on the Bates family Instagram, a person commented that she brought six of her kids to Lawson’s show last week and it was great. So we know that at least seven tickets were sold.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

Okay, this has got to be one of my favorite Instagram comments ever.

(I hid the name even though it's a public comment since it seems like a private account.)

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.32.05 PM.png

• Haha 9

On 1/17/2022 at 2:40 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

From the clips I've heard, she's definitely had vocal coaching. Couldn't say how recently but her performance on the song with Lawson was clean, has good tone and sounded to me like she got her part pretty quickly. 

I've spent enough hours in studios to hear who is gonna be a couple of takes, some minor adjustments and then they're done and who is going to take all day, keep making the same mistakes and then still need the engineer to work some magic. 

If these are the best vocals they could get out of Lawson in a STUDIO... Yikes. 

His music is a vanity project. 

Does it sound like he even works with a vocal coach and/or practices at all? I understand most people can't sing well because yes, there is tone deafness and natural talent and all that. But can't most people make their voices at least not sound like a dying cow with enough money and time (WHICH LAWSON HAS PLENTY OF) for vocal coaching and practicing? I swear this guy does nothing all day every day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aithuia said:

Okay, this has got to be one of my favorite Instagram comments ever.

(I hid the name even though it's a public comment since it seems like a private account.)

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.32.05 PM.png

What am I missing? I don't get it.

• I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic