IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

Her older brother, Eric, has a different mother than Tiffany (her IG is public and you can easily find it through his IG but she isn’t a famous person or a fundie so I feel weird posting it) with the same last name if Espensen. So I don’t know for certain but it seems to be the case. 

I always kind of assumed Tiffany was raised sort of like an only child and that’s why she’s so attracted to having the Bates family as in laws. Her older brother was probably only visiting some of the time. She was probably raised like an only child and may have wished she had more siblings. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, Idlewild said:

If Tiffany still owns a property in California I can see Lawson living here for a while- he fancies himself as showbiz. There are logistical issues of transporting the horse and whether the local police  would let him cosplay, but I think he’d stick it for a year or two.

I’m convinced they’re going to maintain homes in both California and Nashville and commute between the two, depending on whose “career” is in the ascendant. I don’t see either his music or her acting going anywhere, but they’ll probably play at both for a while. I could also see Lawson trying to get acting roles - he’s got the looks, and he’s certainly experienced at posing. However, neither one seems to have the drive necessary to succeed in the entertainment world. 

On 12/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, xenobia said:

There's a short clip on Tiff's instagram stories (screenshot from there) with them "checking out wedding locations". They are somewhere on a cliff near the ocean, so definitely not in Tennessee. 

44C33940-2191-4FCB-93B8-E542A6EEF683_1_201_a.jpeg

The palm trees in the background give it away. Looks like they’re aiming for a beach wedding. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

Her older brother, Eric, has a different mother than Tiffany (her IG is public and you can easily find it through his IG but she isn’t a famous person or a fundie so I feel weird posting it) with the same last name if Espensen. So I don’t know for certain but it seems to be the case. 

Thanks for this. I think I always assumed that Tiffany’s parents had an infertility issue after having her brother.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

I wonder how often it happens that fundie couples, once they spend more time together during their wedding preparations, realize they are not a good match.

Not saying this is true for Lawson and Tiffany, but this instagram story just made me imagine that situation… being on a kind of “road trip” together, spending all day together (and possibly getting to know the other person’s annoying habits for the first time), having to make decisions together, both big and small… on a trip like that, they would not only have to agree on the wedding location, but so many other smaller things, too - where to eat lunch/dinner, how much to spend on food and hotels, how to organize the day… none of these things are particularly big deals, but they likely will mean they get to know each other on a different level.

And sometimes it’s the small things that bug you - for example, one will want to organize the day in detail (“Breakfast at 8, leave at 8.45, arrive at the first location at 9.30, drive on to the second location by 10.30 at the latest in order to get to restaurant xyz in time for lunch, they have good reviews and a cheap buffet lunch” etc…), while the other might just want to go for a more easygoing approach (“We’ll leave tomorrow morning once we’re ready after breakfast and see how we like the first location. Then we’ll take it from there and just have lunch somewhere on the way if we see a nice little cafe.”).

I wonder how many of them get a sinking feeling during those times when they realize their fiancé/fiancée is good looking, parent-approved and “loves the lord with all his/her heart”, but at the same time just plain BORING or ANNOYING. Do they ever think “oh man, what have I got myself into”?

I have a conservative Christian relative who got married this summer. The groom got sick on honeymoon (flu but maybe COVID??) and had to go to the ER for high fever.  I agree with you, it's a shock to the system: the ER isn't a romantic introduction to married life, especially if the couple hasn't lived together and gone through similar things before. But they vowed for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, and they're certainly testing that out.

The question is, how well will Lawson and Tiffany hold up under those circumstances?

And now it makes sense how different Tiffany and her brother are. It appears that they both ideologically take after their mothers.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

And now it makes sense how different Tiffany and her brother are. It appears that they both ideologically take after their mothers.

I guess it’s sort of like Katey Duggar.

• Upvote 2

I think Lawson has a secret fantasy of being a model. He popped up on my Instagram feed and apparently him and his fiancé are out west. He posted more posing-type pics of himself than of her. 🤣 Me and my husband went out to CO this year to visit our youngest. Granted we are in our late 40’s but we took exactly two pics of ourselves. One was a selfie in front of Garden of the Gods and one was a pic with our daughter in a restaurant for her bday. The rest were allll mountains and trees and shrubs and cactus and flowers. Dude you’re in the WEST! Take pictures of nature! It’s so much prettier than you! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8

Lawson is having a concert in central Illinois (Morton, close to Peoria, 2.5 hours from Chicago) on Monday night. I don’t know the size of the venue, but tickets were around $30. I’m so curious to know if people will actually attend.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Thanks for this. I think I always assumed that Tiffany’s parents had an infertility issue after having her brother.

Her brother seems to know a lot of famous-ish folks and definitely does not live a religious life. Having a different mother would explain  what I have seen of him on his public social media. He does seem to consider himself a "public figure" so I would worry about creeping on his insta!

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

@JDuggs- are there other people performing? It would be a hard ask to part with $30 to listen to Lawson.

Yeah, he seems more of an included with the price of admission type of act!

• Upvote 6

On 1/7/2022 at 4:26 AM, GreenBeans said:

I wonder how often it happens that fundie couples, once they spend more time together during their wedding preparations, realize they are not a good match.

I've always assumed that's what happened with Elizabeth Munck and Joseph Maxwell. Well, maybe not from his perspective...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

He does seem to consider himself a "public figure" so I would worry about creeping on his insta!

Can someone know that someone else looked at their public Instagram?

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Can someone know that someone else looked at their public Instagram?

Nah, not unless you accidentally like something. I think LinkedIn is the only social that allows that - and you only get the good info on views if you are premium.

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Her brother seems to know a lot of famous-ish folks and definitely does not live a religious life. Having a different mother would explain  what I have seen of him on his public social media. He does seem to consider himself a "public figure" so I would worry about creeping on his insta!

He's friends with Carter Reum (Paris Hilton's Husband)

If you find his mother accounts she's pretty liberal (Love is love, Anti Kyle Rittenhouse, Pro choice, She shared something from the christian Democrats, BLM supporter)

• Upvote 3

On 1/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, artdecades said:

He is also friends with Clint Eastwood’s son Scott.

• Upvote 1

Everything I've seen on google and Instagram indicates they have the same mother. Can someone clarify where the different mother's information came from? I agree it would certainty seem like he was raised differently, he's been partying in St. Barts for the last week!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

Everything I've seen on google and Instagram indicates they have the same mother. Can someone clarify where the different mother's information came from? I agree it would certainty seem like he was raised differently, he's been partying in St. Barts for the last week!

On Erik's instagram he has a phot of his mom and him when he was younger. She's not tagged, but if you go to the comments she commented. Her account is public. Her Name is Nancy and in her photos (you have to scroll back some time) she has many post about Erik and she calls him her son and wishes him happy birthday. His mother seems to be very liberal christian based of her post. He's probably just close to his dad so he spends a lot of time with his dad's side. The only post I've seen of his mom is the one he has on his account, she must not liked to be photographed or they might have a strained relationship right now, he hasn't posted about her since 2018 and her posting about him since December 2020

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Lawson is having a concert in central Illinois (Morton, close to Peoria, 2.5 hours from Chicago)

Awww, I used to live in Bloomington. I could have pretended to consider going if this had happened a few years ago.

Not something I'd be willing to pay for or even go for free in a pandemic, but I am curious what their real life interactions look like.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Lawson concert tonight in Morton, Il is a solo concert: https://www.mortonfinearts.org/fall-winter#lawson-bates

I wonder if he will sell enough tickets to pay his backup musicians and his travel expenses. I bet not. He (and his adoring fiancée) certainly didn't knock themselves out publicizing this.

• Upvote 2

I am just baffled that Lawson has a concert tonight and he didn't mentioning it on his Insta, nor did his fiancee, not any of his family as far as I can tell. He would much rather do his pouty Western model cosplay than actually work to sell tickets.  I cannot believe how many trips those two go on.

• Upvote 6

On 1/8/2022 at 11:13 PM, raayx01 said:

On Erik's instagram he has a phot of his mom and him when he was younger. She's not tagged, but if you go to the comments she commented. Her account is public. Her Name is Nancy and in her photos (you have to scroll back some time) she has many post about Erik and she calls him her son and wishes him happy birthday. His mother seems to be very liberal christian based of her post. He's probably just close to his dad so he spends a lot of time with his dad's side. The only post I've seen of his mom is the one he has on his account, she must not liked to be photographed or they might have a strained relationship right now, he hasn't posted about her since 2018 and her posting about him since December 2020

I’ll add that if you go into his tagged photos you can find her easier as she has tagged him in posts. She definitely isn’t someone who would agree with the bates style Christianity. 

59 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am just baffled that Lawson has a concert tonight and he didn't mentioning it on his Insta, nor did his fiancee, not any of his family as far as I can tell. He would much rather do his pouty Western model cosplay than actually work to sell tickets.  I cannot believe how many trips those two go on.

Lawson linked to the concert website on his Instagram stories. That’s how I saw it, but I think it was just the two Instagram stories this weekend. Unless he’s a last minute fill in, he definitely should have promoted it harder.

I would have considered going to Lawson’s show except for covid, five hours round trip to get there, weeknight...maybe I wasn’t really considering it!

My last concert pre-covid was in March 2020, Noah Reid (from Schitt’s Creek.) And I met Noah outside the venue before the show. For any fans, he was as cute as a button in person!

• Upvote 5

On 1/9/2022 at 2:23 AM, fluffernutter said:

I think Lawson has a secret fantasy of being a model. He popped up on my Instagram feed and apparently him and his fiancé are out west. He posted more posing-type pics of himself than of her. 🤣 Me and my husband went out to CO this year to visit our youngest. Granted we are in our late 40’s but we took exactly two pics of ourselves. One was a selfie in front of Garden of the Gods and one was a pic with our daughter in a restaurant for her bday. The rest were allll mountains and trees and shrubs and cactus and flowers. Dude you’re in the WEST! Take pictures of nature! It’s so much prettier than you! 

New thread title Lawson, thinking he is the prettiest of god’s creations….

• Haha 8

17 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

New thread title Lawson, thinking he is the prettiest of god’s creations….

I feel pretty! Oh so (modestly) pretty! 🎶

• Haha 7

I got nosy and checked, theatre capacity is 1000.  Will be interesting to see if any pics come from his 'concert' and how they're framed & cropped.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic