IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

It's an odd coincidence, isn't it? Except with Micah Plath, I sort of get the hype, because damn, that kid is gorgeous! Doesn't come across as too bright, tbh, but definitely not lacking in the looks department. Whereas with Christian Romeike, I'm just... meh. As far as I'm concerned, he looks just like most of the boys in my daughter's class. But hey, there is no accounting for taste. (FWIW, my 16-year-old agrees with both assessments).

And that was my shallow post for this month. Sorry!

Christian seems like a different type of model to me. I think there are buff muscular models like Micah and then there are thin models like Christian. I wouldn’t be surprised if Christian modeled clothing or walked a runway while Micah models underwear and swimsuits. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So Lydia and Trace have been dating about 7 months? Do we predict an engagement by June (sometime after the LawTiff weddingpalooza)?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Christian seems like a different type of model to me. I think there are buff muscular models like Micah and then there are thin models like Christian. I wouldn’t be surprised if Christian modeled clothing or walked a runway while Micah models underwear and swimsuits. 

It's not just the buffness, it's actually mostly the face. Christian looks like an average guy to me, Micah looks dreamy and cute. But hey, as I said, YMMV.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

It's not just the buffness, it's actually mostly the face. Christian looks like an average guy to me, Micah looks dreamy and cute. But hey, as I said, YMMV.

I bet Micah will be more successful in modeling. But Christian is good looking enough to be a model. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Micah will be more successful in modeling. But Christian is good looking enough to be a model. 

Yes, he has good bone structure.

• Upvote 1

My prediction: 

Jackson sees Christian modeling and will think he can model too. The show is cancelled so he will have to find something else to do besides construction. These Bates boys seem to think a lot of themselves. And I bet Jackson thinks he’s got what it takes. But I think he’s probably a little too average height for it. Male models tend to be on the taller side. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My prediction: 

Jackson sees Christian modeling and will think he can model too. The show is cancelled so he will have to find something else to do besides construction. These Bates boys seem to think a lot of themselves. And I bet Jackson thinks he’s got what it takes. But I think he’s probably a little too average height for it. Male models tend to be on the taller side. 

Warden is already on it. And he’s on the shorter side too.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.86ce74b1921551c36f1c48ed54833954.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Warden is already on it. And he’s on the shorter side too.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.86ce74b1921551c36f1c48ed54833954.jpeg

I doubt he will get any photo shoots outside of Lydia. 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Aren't all the Bates guys?

They are all short to be models. Micah Plath is also short for a runway model. I dont know what exactly Christian does but makes sense that he could be able to model since the Romeike family is pretty tall. Lydia is taller than Trace.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So Lydia and Trace have been dating about 7 months? Do we predict an engagement by June (sometime after the LawTiff weddingpalooza)?

I predict before the wedding so they can attend as an engaged couple. Spring/Easter engagement and a fall/winter wedding before the end of the year.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, eljayem said:

I predict before the wedding so they can attend as an engaged couple. Spring/Easter engagement and a fall/winter wedding before the end of the year.

Either that or the proposal is at the wedding.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Either that or the proposal is at the wedding.

I don't think Lawson would want to share his special day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

True! In that case, I saw do it Trace! Skydive into Lawson's reception and propose!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Trace can set up an elaborate proposal for Lydia days after Lawson's wedding that will divert all attention way, just like Lawson did after Nathan's 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I swear the Bates family is so full of attention whores that I would have a headache within 30 minutes of a family get together. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Lydia’s older brother Daniel is engaged to his girlfriend Hannah. It won’t be long before Trace and Lydia are engaged too. 

• Upvote 6

I saw that! I wonder how long the brother and new fiancee were dating before engagement. Lydia has posted before that she and her older brother are close - he's less than a year older than she is, and all. Haha. And Lydia seems to be good friends with her soon-to-be-SIL, has tagged her in instagram pics as far back as 2019. Maybe she set them up xD 

I could see a Trace/Lydia wedding before the end of the year, maybe late-summer early-fall (maybe that's just cause I get summer vibes from them lol). 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I saw that! I wonder how long the brother and new fiancee were dating before engagement. Lydia has posted before that she and her older brother are close - he's less than a year older than she is, and all. Haha. And Lydia seems to be good friends with her soon-to-be-SIL, has tagged her in instagram pics as far back as 2019. Maybe she set them up xD 

I could see a Trace/Lydia wedding before the end of the year, maybe late-summer early-fall (maybe that's just cause I get summer vibes from them lol). 

If you look on his mom's instagram, they've been dating for at least 2 years

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 years of dating? That sounds so....normal. Is it possible that Lydia wants to take things slow like her brother? That doesn't sound like something a Bates would like, tho.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, arareyeah said:

2 years of dating? That sounds so....normal. Is it possible that Lydia wants to take things slow like her brother? That doesn't sound like something a Bates would like, tho.

You'd think after Trace's breakup he would have waited longer to go public this time around like Nathan, but maybe he knows this is the one and is on a faster pace.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

You'd think after Trace's breakup he would have waited longer to go public this time around like Nathan, but maybe he knows this is the one and is on a faster pace.

Trace and Lydia went public around 4 months which is roughly the same time frame as Nathan and Lawson (based on when Esther switched her FB and Lawson and Tiffany confirming when they started dating). Nathan and Esther had been together about 7-8 months when he proposed. If Trace is on the same pace, he'll propose around Easter. 

We have known Lydia and Trace were together longer thanks to Carlin but they went public in December and according to Lydia, Feb. 11th was their 6 months anniversary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Trace and Lydia went public around 4 months which is roughly the same time frame as Nathan and Lawson (based on when Esther switched her FB and Lawson and Tiffany confirming when they started dating). Nathan and Esther had been together about 7-8 months when he proposed. If Trace is on the same pace, he'll propose around Easter. 

We have known Lydia and Trace were together longer thanks to Carlin but they went public in December and according to Lydia, Feb. 11th was their 6 months anniversary. 

Nesther: probably "special friends" starting in April '20 based on her FB change, "officially" bf/gf on her bday in October per Nate on BUB, engaged May '21 just after their 1-year anniversary of talking, married Oct '21 after ~year of coupledom 

Lawffy: Sept '20 started talking, were taking couple-y pics together at the family Christmas photoshoot that year, public in Feb '21, engaged in October just after their 1-year anniversary of talking, will marry May '22. 

Travistie: talking/"special friends" June of '19, courting March '20, engaged April '21, married Dec '21. Obviously the Bates daughter timeline is longer, hah.

Trace/Lydia (?Trydia?lmao): "official" Aug '21 based on their 6-mo anniversary posts. Not sure when they started talking and getting to know each other before then, but...his brothers both proposed shortly after a year

• Thank You 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic