IGNORED

Mike Lindell 2: All Hopped Up On Meth And Crystallized Fascism

Alisamer

Quo warranto

A legal proceeding during which an individual's right to hold an office or governmental privilege is challenged.

In old English practice, the writ of quo warranto—an order issued by authority of the king—was one of the most ancient and important writs. It has not, however, been used for centuries, since the procedure and effect of the judgment were so impractical.

Currently the former procedure has been replaced by an information in the nature of a quo warranto, an extraordinary remedy by which a prosecuting attorney, who represents the public at large, challenges someone who has usurped a public office or someone who, through abuse or neglect, has forfeited an office to which she was entitled. In spite of the fact that the remedy of quo warranto is pursued by a prosecuting attorney in a majority of jurisdictions, it is ordinarily regarded as a civil rather than criminal action. Quo warranto is often the only proper legal remedy; however, the legislature can enact legislation or provide other forms of relief.

• Thank You 8

On 10/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, Cartmann99 said:

From Raw Story:

Mikey announcing this on Bannon's show:

The fact that his GETTR handle is @warroom is both revealing and frightening. He's stating quite clearly and publicly that he wants war in the US. 

I sincerely hope his defiance of Congres will lead to his imprisonment. He may think that he'll become a martyr to his cause and that throwing him jail will ignite that war he covets, but he'll find out that he's not that popular as he'd like to believe.

Edited by Alisamer
Fixed duplication of post
  • Upvote 7

Previously, Mikey announced that his new and improved marathon of nuttery would commence the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Why isn't he starting the marathon on Tuesday with a special remote broadcast of him traveling to Washington to hand-deliver his case? This is a huge missed opportunity for Mikey to sell more of his products to the Trump-faithful. :doh:

• Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

This picture is from an interview Mikey did on Rumble with Truth Unveiled TV. 

image.thumb.png.16fdacc9b3a5b1771c39a34f59d8fb16.png

The only new things I heard were:

• Mikey's hired 200 new employees for his new store
  • His newest interview with Trump is 40 minutes long
  • Mikey says the Supreme Court will have to throw the 2020 election back to the US House for them to decide
  • The host declared that Mikey's soul was specifically set aside by their god so he would be alive at the right time to lead this fight

The rest was him and the host rambling about communism, the totalitarian hellscape formerly known as Australia, Covid vaccines being the mark of the beast, Mikey's fanfic about melting down voting machines, a bit more religious chatter than usual because the host is a minister, Mikey bitching about Faux, the Murdochs, Dominion, Smartmatic, and any Republican who doesn't support him, how he used to smoke crack and his free recovery network, a rehashing of the "evidence" he's already presented, his upcoming four-day Trumpathon, and shilling his products.

Since the host has a ministry, he naturally wants your money.

Also, too:

Spoiler

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 10

Some thoughts:

• Does he pay his employees living wages? Does he vet them for their belief in his crazy conspiracies? 
  • If his interview with Trump was only 40 minutes, Trump really snubbed him. We all know how Trump's stream of consiousness can literally ramble on for hours and he has been known to beg reporters to stay for lunch after the interview while he shows off how great he is. So anything less than an hour is showing Trump's disinterest.
  • Apart from the incongruity of the SC even accepting his 'evidence' and ruling on it: If the SC were to actually do as he suggests, the Dem led House will not quite deliver the result he thinks they will...
  • Another minister who claims to know a deity's intentions. But I thought that deity works in mysterious ways? So how can so many people know precisely what that god thinks and wants and does?

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Apart from the incongruity of the SC even accepting his 'evidence' and ruling on it: If the SC were to actually do as he suggests, the Dem led House will not quite deliver the result he thinks they will...

Mikey is referring to the situation where after the electoral college votes have been tallied and certified, no candidate receives a majority of the votes. If that were to occur, we proceed to the Twelfth Amendment of the United States Constitution:

Twelfth Amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;–the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;–The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. [And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.–]The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

This is why Mikey and the other nutters are having sleepovers where they do each other's hair while fantasizing about overthrowing the government decertifying the 2020 state elections. Their hope is to get enough states to decertify, so that the electoral college votes from those states would not be counted, thereby placing us in a situation where neither candidate has received at least 270 electoral votes. According to the Twelfth Amendment, each state's House delegation would then cast a single vote to determine the president. Since there are currently more red states than blue states, Trump would most likely win in such a contest.

Allocation of presidential electors for the 2020 election:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.81951dce2923894d0868cf6b0e9cf943.png

I'm not a lawyer nor a Constitutional scholar, so I can't address how all of this is supposed to work when the electoral votes were certified and Biden was declared the winner. I'm just trying to follow the disordered thinking of Mikey and the gang. 

• Thank You 8

On 11/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, Cartmann99 said:

I'm not a lawyer nor a Constitutional scholar, so I can't address how all of this is supposed to work when the electoral votes were certified and Biden was declared the winner. I'm just trying to follow the disordered thinking of Mikey and the gang. 

ARE YOU OKAY? DO WE NEED TO SEND RESCUE FERRETS? 

• Haha 9

21 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm thinking of all the things I'd rather do than watch these two perform verbal fellatio upon each other.  Such as drilling extra holes in my head.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 7

Latest on Lindell is that he's going to have some states' attorneys general bring a case to the Supreme Court based on Article Four of the Constitution.  I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in hell.  Previous cases regarding article four get kicked out because the courts think that ruling as to whether something is a republic or not or is legitimate or not is a matter for the Congress and not the courts.  The southern states tried it during reconstruction and got knocked down.  

I think, at this point, his lawyers are just fleecing him for the fees.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

Video from Raw Story related to @Xan's post above:

Lindell told Bannon that the new lawsuit asks the Supreme Court to "pull down the election" or "do a new election without machines."

"The Supreme Court will have a lot of decisions to make," the pillow executive opined. "For 96 hours, we're going to take apart the case, we're going to do a state-by-state how did we get here?"

:deadhorse:

• Eyeroll 13

I stole it from Twitter so I can't claim it as original:

"Think about it- Has anyone actually seen Kid Rock and the My Pillow Guy in the same room at the same time?"

• Haha 10

On 11/18/2021 at 5:30 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Lindell told Bannon that the new lawsuit asks the Supreme Court to "pull down the election" or "do a new election without machines."

Do they realize that it was the number of non-machine ballots that helped Trump lose? At some point somebody on their side has to be like "OK, things just keep getting worse. Shut that guy up." because essentially every actual instance of voter fraud that has been found has been illegally cast votes for Trump!

• Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Do they realize that it was the number of non-machine ballots that helped Trump lose? At some point somebody on their side has to be like "OK, things just keep getting worse. Shut that guy up." because essentially every actual instance of voter fraud that has been found has been illegally cast votes for Trump!

I think the Republicans are just fine with Lindell and Trump running their mouths.  They want the base to continue to be stirred up about a stolen election and angry with the Democrats.  They don't care that it's all lies.  And they know that the base will discount any evidence that it was just Republicans doing voting fraud.

The real damage that I see is that they've made it possible for large groups of people to ignore facts.  I don't know how we're ever going to claw this back.  Once you've convinced about 30% of the population that the New York Times and the Washington Post just print lies, you've got them eating out of your hand.  No wonder they thought a child slavery ring was being run out of the non-existent basement of a pizza joint.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Mike Lindell announces demonstration outside Fox News headquarters: report

According to a report from the Daily Beast's Zachary Petrizzo, on Friday night MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell announced plans for a protest outside the New York City headquarters of Fox News, claiming the conservative network is "a big part of our country being taken from us."

Lindell has been at war with Fox after they banned him as a guest for pushing 2020 presidential election conspiracies, including one accusing Dominion Voting Systems of allowing their voting machines to be hacked which then led to a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed against him in February.

After pulling his ubiquitous ads from the network for a brief period, they have since returned, but Lindell's war with the network is still ongoing.

In other news, since Mikey has told his fans that his lawsuit will be filed with the Supreme Court tomorrow morning, some of them now think the case will be heard then. :doh:

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 1

Mike Lindell Blames a Vast GOP Conspiracy for His Supreme Court Failure

It was a last-minute pressure campaign orchestrated by the RNC and McDaniel that prevented his case from moving forward and “saving the country,” Lindell now alleges.

“We believe that they have reached out to multiple [attorneys general] and put pressure on them, not to sign the Supreme Court complaint,” Lindell said Monday on his evening livestream, this time from aboard his private plane as he scrambled to lock down the signatures required to file his complaint with the high court.

With a poor WiFi connection marring his live-streamed rant, Lindell blasted McDaniel, alleging she orchestrated a vast Republican conspiracy against him when she finally acknowledged late last week that President Joe Biden won the 2020 election.

“How dare the RNC try and stop this case from getting to the Supreme Court. Shame on you, RNC! You are worse than Fox [News] now!” he stated, referencing his claims that the cable giant has silenced him. “You can’t tell me why Ronna McDaniel, the head of the RNC, made a statement saying Biden won three days before this Supreme Court complaint was supposed to go to the Supreme Court.”

“What about the timing of that, America!” he continued. “Why would she say that at that moment in time? She didn't have to say that. What, is she trying to get more donor money? Is she trying to get donor money from Democrats? She is as RINO as they come!” McDaniel did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.

Some of the attorneys general he was expecting to join the lawsuit, have asked for an extension on their homework.

“We do have a copy of the complaint,” which Lindell said he would simply release to the public on Thanksgiving Day if it ends up not being filed due to a lack of signatures. “Worst-case scenario, let’s say, a lot of them want to delay signing it,” he added, under the impression his fervent supporters would then mount local pressure campaigns against their own state attorneys general after seeing the contents of his filing.

Additionally, the pillow tycoon claimed late Monday that he was making a last-minute sprint across five states in the dead of night to convince attorneys general to sign his papers. “I am on my way to another city,” he asserted, adding that if they don’t sign by Tuesday he can always try to get them to sign by Wednesday.

[...]

Lindell concluded his Monday evening live stream by promoting his 96-hour virtual “Thanks-a-Thon” event set to kick off Wednesday night at midnight and feature four straight days of even more election conspiracies.

But as of Tuesday morning, the Supreme Court had no record of any filing from the state attorneys general or Lindell.

And reached for comment by The Daily Beast about his non-existent Supreme Court filing and why it hasn’t been made public, the pillow mogul fumed.

“Are you out of your mind?" Lindell shouted. “You call me again, I am suing you!”

My Thanksgiving plans have changed, so I will be available to keep an eye on Mikey's cavalcade of crazy. :popcorn2:

• Thank You 10

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Some of the attorneys general he was expecting to join the lawsuit, have asked for an extension on their homework.

Has he named those “numerous” attorneys general?  Even one?  I’ll be looking forward to the Popcorn Report.  😄  🍿

• Upvote 10

Spoiler

image.png.3fabdaa0ab8cdf5c159dbceab7b04700.png

Here's where you can read the whole thing.

Ad for Mikey's Thanks-A-Thon:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.443477a554f50e31bd475a66632b1720.png

• Thank You 10

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Has he named those “numerous” attorneys general?  Even one?  I’ll be looking forward to the Popcorn Report.  😄  🍿

I hear the only sate attorney general who signed on is from the great state of Denial 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

16 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:
  Hide contents

image.png.3fabdaa0ab8cdf5c159dbceab7b04700.png

Here's where you can read the whole thing.

Ad for Mikey's Thanks-A-Thon:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.443477a554f50e31bd475a66632b1720.png

I big tip o'my hat to you, Cartman, for providing the updates and the link to the entire proposed filing.  I read it and admittedly, laughed out loud every time I came across an area with brackets to insert the plaintiff state name.  Sweet Beansie in a Can, it was a wild ride.  It was a mix of appropriate legal references and case citations jumbled up with a bag of conspiracy nuttiness.  I will give points to the legal team who wrote it- all of them were smart enough not to include their names in order to avoid Krakken Team consequences.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Reactions to Mikey's lawsuit from Legal Twitter:

More under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Vice has an article up about the lawsuit.

At one point Lindell’s complaint claims that President Joe Biden should be held accountable for failing to “remedy the Constitution” by not fixing the flaws in the electoral system prior to the 2020 election. 

Not only is this not something the president can do, but Lindell appears to have forgotten who was president in the lead-up to the 2020 election.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9