IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

Say a prayer for the mods and be waiting for the troll invasion! RF documentary coming 9/30/21 on HBOMax!

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Say a prayer for the mods and be waiting for the troll invasion! RF documentary coming 9/30/21 on HBOMax!

Ad revenue should get a good bump for this site.  Thanks advertisers for making this site as free as AM and FM radio.

Edited by WeirdHarold
Delete graphic. Fix random text.
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

We might need to send cases of wine and chocolate to all the mods. We’ve seen how crazy it can get when tons of newbies who never bother to read rules or understand FJ show up, along with trolls and the inevitable fundies popping in to take umbrage and spew word salad. 

May Rufus and our Patron Saint Alan Rickman be with the FJ servers. 

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

the inevitable fundies popping in to take umbrage and spew word salad. 

Speaking of fundies & word salad, will Bob make a reappearance to set us all straight?

Remember, betting pools must be off-site!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I think we lost @Bob to the fundie kryptonite: questions that require critical thinking. Or maybe he is just watching Grey’s Anatomy or perhaps there is a million dollar constipated fish he needs to nurse back to health. 

I hope all the rescue ferrets are well rested. If this gets too insane the rarely seen mystical orange penis ferret might have to be called back to work. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

Someone asked in the last thread if there was an actual service or if there were testimonies. Nope, they had singing, scripture recital by the kids, a prayer (not necessarily in that order) and then showed a video of Gwen. I think they sang another song right before they dismissed, too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

Someone asked in the last thread if there was an actual service or if there were testimonies. Nope, they had singing, scripture recital by the kids, a prayer (not necessarily in that order) and then showed a video of Gwen. I think they sang another song right before they dismissed, too. 

For tonight’s service?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, freefromthin said:

No, that was yesterday. I didn't see a webcast scheduled for tonight. Did you?

No, and I bet there won't be one because of their Feast of Tabernacles service yesterday.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:
40 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

For tonight’s service?

It appears the main service was Friday night, instead of the usual Saturday Sabbath. The tuxes/gowns, branch waving and Jewish dancing were last night. In the recent past, Friday night would be a Feast of Harvest concert with the main service on Saturday. No Michael, no Elizabeth, other than a suck-up mention of them from Eldon Gormsen during the close. I didn’t notice Elle/Erin.

It seems telling (though of what, I don’t entirely know) that they aren’t there during the event of the year. Guessing there was also no pre-party on Thursday at Ashlawn.

I just quickly scrolled through but saw little Charles Grantham playing an instrument on stage. Does Gracie drive now? If not, does Elizabeth just drop the kids off at the church and head back to Ashlawn ? I like to think she does —  in curlers and a tracksuit while puffing on a Pall Mall.

Gwen’s last Feast of Horror Harvest look:

F78E39E4-54E5-4A93-8952-7B1BABE42917.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

It appears the main service was Friday night, instead of the usual Saturday Sabbath. The tuxes/gowns, branch waving and Jewish dancing were last night. In the recent past, Friday night would be a Feast of Harvest concert with the main service on Saturday. No Michael, no Elizabeth, other than a suck-up mention of them from Eldon Gormsen during the close. I didn’t notice Elle/Erin.

It seems telling (though of what, I don’t entirely know) that they aren’t there during the event of the year. Guessing there was also no pre-party on Thursday at Ashlawn.

I just quickly scrolled through but saw little Charles Grantham playing an instrument on stage. Does Gracie drive now? If not, does Elizabeth just drop the kids off at the church and head back to Ashlawn ? I like to think she does —  in curlers and tracksuit while puffing on a Pall Mall.

It just dawned on me that today was the Sabbath and that they would have typically had a service. FACEPALM! I noticed that there wasn't a service for today, but it didn't even DAWN on me that it was the Sabbath. Thanks for adding in the details about the palm-waving and ball gowns. You said it all much better than I could have done.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

It appears the main service was Friday night, instead of the usual Saturday Sabbath. The tuxes/gowns, branch waving and Jewish dancing were last night. In the recent past, Friday night would be a Feast of Harvest concert with the main service on Saturday.

I hope the documentary spends some time on their appropriation of Jewishness.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

I just quickly scrolled through but saw little Charles Grantham playing an instrument on stage. Does Gracie drive now? If not, does Elizabeth just drop the kids off at the church and head back to Ashlawn ? I like to think she does —  in curlers and a tracksuit while puffing on a Pall Mall.

Hmmm that’s interesting. When I was a member, Friday wasn’t the fancy night it was on the Sabbath… I wonder what they are up to tonight. The Facebook page and website wasn’t very up front about the festivities.  

Also, that outfit from last year was quite a look 😳

• Upvote 4

Before my divorce we went to one feast of tabernacles. My teenager said it was a drinking fest and there were bottles everywhere and even the kids drank. Any former members know of something like this?  I wasn’t allowed to “camp” as my ex didn’t want me to. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ You know, had to be under my leadership. I didn’t really care as I hate camping. 

My teenager also said there was more alcohol when the kids were made to clean up than anything else in the trash. Then came Taco Bell trash. The kids would also open any they thought still had some and drank it. 

I just can’t believe that there was no hooking up with the teenagers. Mine didn’t even know where his dad was all night. Come to think of it, Could have been some hooking up with adults. My ex could never keep it in his pants anyways!!!!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

54 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

No Michael, no Elizabeth, other than a suck-up mention of them from Eldon Gormsen during the close.

It really looks to me like neither of them want to take over leadership of the church. Maybe they just haven't yet figured out how to get out of it. 😕

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We might need to send cases of wine and chocolate to all the mods. We’ve seen how crazy it can get when tons of newbies who never bother to read rules or understand FJ show up, along with trolls and the inevitable fundies popping in to take umbrage and spew word salad. 

May Rufus and our Patron Saint Alan Rickman be with the FJ servers. 

I’m gonna work really hard at rule-following, but I’m so new that I worry about being a BEC. Will contribute to wine/chocolate for mods. 

• Upvote 5

The head has lost its chicken and flops about in phantom life, the type that is called the dead cat bounce.

Elizabeth and Michael have a herculean struggle ahead in trying to "lead" what is so obviously a movement in nose-diving crisis.  Everyone's in the hold of the good ship Zion's boiler furnaces shoveling like sons of guns and nobody is in the bridge, steering. The good will Remnant has been extended to them for months is a resource they are rapidly burning through. Even a cult as slavenly devoted to the memory of Gwen has its limits of endurance of clueless leadership and someone is going to have to step up and take the dilemma's horns to offer a clue. The shuffle board that Day, Gormsen, et al are skipping through can only go so far. 

The internecine dynamics among the pretenders to power must be a sight to see. However, they're too busy brushing hay out of their britches to do so. Something's going to give soon .. and all of the talking points leadership offers just isn't going to cut it. 

However, Leon Festinger's classic study "When Prophecy Fails" on life in a cult after its' prophet dies is documentation that RF will somehow keep on keeping on. Written over 60 years ago, a new chapter is now being written in Franklin, TN.  

Edited by Pathologic Antagonist
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I wonder if Elizabeth and Michael are laying low to see what the fallout from the documentary will be. It’s likely the church will get lots of requests to talk to the new leader and it will be easier for them to play the grieving daughter/wife or son who just got pulled along for the ride by the overwhelming personality of their mother if they haven’t shown they intend to take over. It will interesting to see what direction they go when the documentary buzz dies down. 

Edited by Rowan
Words. Missing words, wrong words
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Was this her actual look? Was it her Halloween Harvest Festival costume? 
is it photoshopped? 
It’s … sad snd disturbing! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I'm here!  I have lurked the Free Jinger RF/Gwen pages in the past but I have an official account now! ...and yes..this is me!  I have learned a lot reading all of your comments

so THANK YOU for contributing, there are so many threads and posts on this subject that I cannot read them all but I will monitor this one for pertinent new information

and more tips.  The good news?  Lots of money problems and bickering and fighting going on on the inside at Remnant Fellowship.   Exodus is coming true.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed signature.
  • Upvote 13
  • Confused 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I hope the documentary spends some time on their appropriation of Jewishness.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the "Feast of Harvest", it looks like a discount Sukkot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

I'm here!  I have lurked the Free Jinger RF/Gwen pages in the past but I have an official account now! ...and yes..this is me!  I have learned a lot reading all of your comments

so THANK YOU for contributing, there are so many threads and posts on this subject that I cannot read them all but I will monitor this one for pertinent new information

and more tips.  The good news?  Lots of money problems and bickering and fighting going on on the inside at Remnant Fellowship.   Exodus is coming true.

Dan Gryder

Welcome to Free Jinger. People will probably take this account with a grain of salt unless you work with one of the moderators to verify your user name. As you probably realize, it is easy to claim a free account on the Internet whether or not you are the "Real Life" person.

However, assuming you are Dan Gryder, I found your videos about the RF crash to be quite interesting. (I would say entertaining, but that seems a little morbid.) 

I don't know if you would find it interesting, but a few years ago I read a book called "The Map of My Dead Pilots" which was about Alaskan general aviation and the hazards thereof. It is beautifully written by someone who I think worked as a dispatcher for a small air freight company. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

I will monitor this one for pertinent new information

Welcome. Just an FYI, it would probably be better to keep an eye on the RF thread if you want pertinent new information.  This is community discussion and I’m not sure that discussion of Gwen, the documentary and RF will take place here. It might get a bit chaotic if there are multiple threads being updated. Usually we try to stick with one thread. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

However, Leon Festinger's classic study "When Prophecy Fails" on life in a cult after its' prophet dies is documentation that RF will somehow keep on keeping on. Written over 60 years ago, a new chapter is now being written in Franklin, TN.  

I just went down a Festinger interweb rabbit hole. Fascinating studies!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic