IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure the folks in real estate are doing fine. The pandemic didn’t seem to hurt that market. Unlike restaurants. 

Point. I didn't do much digging on the various businesses TBH. I only found that one because it was somehow related to a contribution to I think Trump campaign. All the details are fuzzy now.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Destiny said:

They had some sort of contracting business too -- I found it when I was trying to track down their political donations. I want to say it started with an E but I can't remember details.

Exodus industries 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

City Cafe is owned by the Days and some other RF members, but not by Gwen.  City Cafe was a long time Brentwood restaurant the owner (not RF) sold to the Days, etc about 3(?) years ago, It seems to be the eatery of choice for RF.

Exodus Industries is the contracting business owned by Gwen that every RF member seems to use. Every employee pictured on the website is an RF-er. Then of course there is the whole WD business and the church that employs so many RF-ers.

There are other business owned by RF members that everyone in RF seems to use exclusively -- a photographer, an eye care clinic, a dentists, Brandon Hannah Properties, etc.

I'm curious why Tedd and Candace Anger are a team at Keller Williams and never have/ do not wok for BH Propeties.

Edited to add:  Also interesting that both used to work for the church/ WD at Gwod's right hand. Abruptly left about the time they disappeared from the Leadership page,. Candace went to work for KW and Tedd followed soon after.  Love to know the story behind all that.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

45 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Have you seen a release plan for it? I'm guessing 15.1? I've been too busy to follow that news the last few weeks.

They hope to release it “in the near future”. I sincerely hope that they tack it onto 15.1.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I do know that some of the RF members are in an MLM called World Financial Group. They sucked in some of the Lagoys (husbands to the Fake Jew fundie Washburn girls). I don’t think the Lagoys have been sucked into RF. Yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do know that some of the RF members are in an MLM called World Financial Group. They sucked in some of the Lagoys (husbands to the Fake Jew fundie Washburn girls). I don’t think the Lagoys have been sucked into RF. Yet.

May I just say how intriguing it is that fake Jews [sic] married men named Lagoy. :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just now, MamaJunebug said:

May I just say how intriguing it is that fake Jews [sic] married men named Lagoy. :) 

I had no idea what that meant at first! I had to google it. 

I don’t live in the US and so don’t get HBO. Maybe it’ll appear on Sky Atlantic at some point, they broadcast HBO stuff over here. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/25/2021 at 6:52 PM, formergothardite said:

If this gets too insane the rarely seen mystical orange penis ferret might have to be called back to work. 

He is ready!

1578412268_Raquelsmysticalorangepenisferretwhostandsonballsthatmustbeheldfirmly.jpg.9b032a69e5f86a39abc2370fa1353041.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh yes, it’s a long running joke on FJ. It’s the perfect name.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Good evening. I am a long time member of RF who has been following the thread and have felt led to comment. Our family were members for about 12 and moved to TN to be close to the church. Fortunately we have been out for about 6 years now but still live on the area and know of some the ongoing drama. 

First of all, regarding the exposing of RF members, I would hope that anybody is careful. There are many members that are good people who are deceived or feel scared and stuck there with no place to go. These are the people who need prayers and courage to get out of there.

On the other hand, I believe that many in leadership positions (especially long term) know of the secrets or scandals behind the scenes and choose to ignore it because they benefit in some way. 

Our family is doing much better but it has been a struggle. We were made to feel unworthy because we never lost all the weight. There are so many others that we know whose lives have negatively impacted because of RF. It has been a healing time since the plane crash and we look forward to getting more healing through the documentary. 

• Upvote 24
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 10

I was today years old in finding out Gwen, her husband and other passengers died in a plane crash.  How is that even possible?!  I must've googled something else just right to have an article pop up.  

Wow!  That's really sad. Poor rest of the family and friends, that's terrible pain and mourning.  Gwen sucked but, geez, I feel for her kids and grandchildren.  

Ok, off to read here.  

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 9

Rob Day is a huge poobah at World Financial Group (definitely an MLM) making huge bank that allows him to own his huge 19thc mansion.  The Days were part of the RF group who came here to show us the error of our ways and convince us of the loving peaceful joyful RF way.

Hannah Langsdon Collins got sucked into RF when she worked there as an admin. Then she got married off quickly to the Langsdon son. Divorced within a year for reasons of ....... rumored "incompatibility" and then quickly married off again to the Collins guy. Evidence of her first marriage has been almost completely expunged. So much so that the wedding announcement for her 2nd marriage reads as if the Langsdons are her parents. (see remnantfellowshipweddings.com. 2018 album - Langsdon & Collins) 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

m curious why Tedd and Candace Anger are a team at Keller Williams and never have/ do not wok for BH Propeties.

I am also super curious about this. I don’t know why I’m so fascinated, but it just feels like Tedd fell from the grace of Gwen. He was so visible (involved in weddings I attended) and such an enforcer (based on what I’ve read here from ex-members). It seems so close to Joe’s arrival that I just can’t imagine there’s no connection, but that’s pure speculation.

I’m curious to see how the documentary shows RF leadership other than Gwod.

Edited by bffyly
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I appreciate all the comments here. After being out of RF for several years so much of it seems crazy and unbelievable that we were a part of it. But like so many we were vulnerable emotionally and then lost a lot of weight thru WD and just got sucked in. 

I wanted to comment on a couple of things that may explain what happens to people. There was a recent post discussing cleaning up a lot of alcohol bottles after a festival, plus Dan Gryder had numerous mentions of it in his video. Many in leadership came out of churches that did not allow drinking so it was taught that we were free from those rules and alcohol was now okay. During the time we were there it gradually became more important. There were numerous stories about Gwen and others overindulging at restaurants and I heard men talk about drinking the same way guys talked about it in my frat in college where it was a daily part of what went on. Reports that we heard were that it has gotten worse in the years since we left. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 13

An additional comment comes after reading posts after Dan Gryder’s video about the graves. The view on death got more strange as time went on. 

There have not been a lot of deaths in RF. The first was a leader named Marcus Francis who died from cancer in 2009. Everything was pretty normal. He had a veteran’s burial and their was a memorial service for him. Then a few years later Brandon and Elizabeth’s young son passed away. The death was mentioned and the family went away “to grieve” but he was never mentioned again. A few years later a son of one of the leaders died (in his 20s). There was an email sent out but that was it - no service and no mention of him again. 

So RF has a history of changing their policies, often with no discussion and with it always being more weird. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Hello, everyone! Long time lurker of the Remnant Fellowship threads. My family was a part of the church for about 6 years as "Out of towners" I was a member of the youth during that time. I'm waiting in anticipation to see what is revealed through the documentary. I am curious as to whether it will contain any new information or if it'll just be a rehashing of what is already considered common knowledge among FJ.

As for my reaction to the plane crash, it was a shock to me, I never expected anything like that to ever happen, but I was detached from it emotionally. It did however hit the rest of my family pretty hard. It finally brought a sort of turning of the page, end of a chapter if you will to that part of my family's life, as we knew that with Gwen and most of leadership out of the picture the bridge for us to ever go back to Remnant was finally burnt. It also brought me hope that other families that I know who are still in Remnant may potentially leave in the future, or those who feel trapped may now have a window of escape. At the very least I hope that the church may one day find itself reformed and its' views changed. Small chance but I like to try and be an optimist.

Its absolutely horrible what happened and I believe we should all be praying and hoping for the healing of all the families involved in the tragedy. I'm sure it's been an absolute struggle for them all emotionally and mentally. I pray that the church is supporting them to the best of their abilities and allowing them time to grieve. I am afraid the documentary and the focus of many new eyes that it will bring, may reopen wounds for the families that are just barely beginning to heal, my heart hurts for them.

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask me. However as a long time lurker I am aware that most common questions have already been answered in prior threads by other past members. I'm still happy to answer in anyway that is needed, however I understand if the moderators might not want the thread derailed or made redundant. As I'm sure many other past members will begin to join the thread and start posting for the first time as well.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

They had some sort of contracting business too -- I found it when I was trying to track down their political donations. I want to say it started with an E but I can't remember details.

I wonder if they took any PPP money.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if they took any PPP money.

@RFsurvivor and I uncovered this last summer but didn’t publicly disclose it here, only privately with frustration and expletives.

Links here: https://covidbailouttracker.com/company/remnant-fellowship-brentwood-tn-37027

https://covidbailouttracker.com/company/remnant-fellowship-dba-remnant-fellowship-brentwood-tn-37027

Disclaimer: This information is legally public and easily accessible. 

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 12

Why would a CHURCH need bailout money? That's way more rage inducing than the contracting business.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

15 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Why would a CHURCH need bailout money? That's way more rage inducing than the contracting business.

There were actually a LOT of churches who got money. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/inequities-ppp-megachurches-large-corporations-receive-money-ahead/story%3Fid%3D75331197

Edited by RFsurvivor
Added link to a news story
  • Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 1

Just now, RFsurvivor said:

There were actually a LOT of churches who got money. 

That doesn't shock me, but it does confuse me. A lot. I can't imagine why churches would need bailout, but I haven't darkened the door of a church except touring old churches in years, so I might just not know how things work these days.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Destiny said:

That doesn't shock me, but it does confuse me. A lot. I can't imagine why churches would need bailout, but I haven't darkened the door of a church except touring old churches in years, so I might just not know how things work these days.

From my understanding some churches have paid employees. Granted I don’t like them getting tax payer money without paying into taxes….

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

From my understanding some churches have paid employees. Granted I don’t like them getting tax payer money without paying into taxes….

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Other than a megachurch that I went to in my early teens, I mostly went to small strip mall style churches where everyone who worked there was a volunteer except for the pastor who got peanuts, so I didn't really consider a payroll.

On one hand, the money was there to help businesses who need it and that was a good thing. On the other, why the fuck does it have to go to businesses I don't like? ;) That doesn't even cover my distaste for, like you said, them getting tax money when they do not pay taxes.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic