IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I wonder if Elizabeth and Michael are laying low to see what the fallout from the documentary will be. It’s likely the church will get lots of requests to talk to the new leader and it will be easier for them to play the grieving daughter/wife or son who just got pulled along for the ride by the overwhelming personality of their mother if they haven’t shown they intend to take over. It will interesting to see what direction they go when the documentary buzz dies down. 

That makes a lot of sense. It will be easier for them to weather the storm if they can hide from the press. I doubt either would do well in an interview about the beliefs of the church. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I doubt either would do well in an interview about the beliefs of the church. 

Agreed! And I think that might be why Gwen stopped giving interviews. She knew she was outmatched and wouldn't come off well. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Dan @ Probable Cause has a new short video.  It is basically just a teaser for the HBO film, but he does mention he is getting a lot of calls from past and current Remnant members and and it sounds like the rats are fleeing the sinking ship.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

Is there any way we can do a watch party during the documentary?  I would love to see everyone's comments while we are watching.  Also wondering if Elizabeth and Michael are around for the events but just off camera.  

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

I'm sure people will be right in this thread or its follow on talking about it.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Animosus said:

Is there any way we can do a watch party during the documentary?  I would love to see everyone's comments while we are watching.  Also wondering if Elizabeth and Michael are around for the events but just off camera.  

https://www.teleparty.com

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

The head has lost its chicken and flops about in phantom life, the type that is called the dead cat bounce.

Elizabeth and Michael have a herculean struggle ahead in trying to "lead" what is so obviously a movement in nose-diving crisis. 

“Nose-diving crisis”? I see what you did there!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I will watch the documentary as soon as I can after it’s released and I will comment. But I go to bed early so I bet I won’t be able to do a watch party. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Welcome. Just an FYI, it would probably be better to keep an eye on the RF thread if you want pertinent new information.  This is community discussion and I’m not sure that discussion of Gwen, the documentary and RF will take place here. It might get a bit chaotic if there are multiple threads being updated. Usually we try to stick with one thread. 

I’m confused, dear @formergothardite — where is the other RF topic of which you speak?  Many befuddled thanks…

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’m confused, dear @formergothardite — where is the other RF topic of which you speak?  Many befuddled thanks…

We had a new person who wasn't as familiar with the rules as they could be. That thread has since been merged in with this one, as it should be.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

4 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Dan had started a thread in the community discussion section and said he would only look there for updates instead of checking this thread. I was letting him know that he needed to check this thread. The mods combined his thread with this one and brought my reply along with it. 

• Upvote 11

Just now, MamaJunebug said:

@MamaJunebug -- a new poster, claiming to be Dan Gryder, created a new topic with his first post. Mods have merged it with this one to reduce the confusion, as @formergothardite says.

@DanGryder - as a couple of folks have suggested, please consider vetting your ID with @nelliebelle1197. Sadly, we have a history of people posting here who claim to be someone they're not. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new here...never joined Remnant but was very involved with Weigh Down for awhile.  To this day, I still try to make sense of it all.  Every couple years I'd pop in to see the latest doings of Gwen and company.  When I popped in a few years ago it was the divorce - that was a shocker!  About a month ago I learned of the plane crash.  Shocking, but not really a huge surprise, I figured they would go out in some sort of Jim Jones event.  I am sad for them.  I've been weirdly unsettled since I found out. 

I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing.  Honestly, the original Weigh Down stuff did help me - I did lose weight, kept some of it off, and weirdly it did lessen my depression.  I met Gwen and I loved her - but I also believe the other stories too.  I knew I could never join Remnant, I don't know if it's because I knew I wasn't "good enough" or that I was just too plain ornery.  I feel so bad for the people who were children in the Remnant - at least I was an adult when I was involved.  Non-Remnant church was bad enough for me as a kid!

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JuneJuly said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here...never joined Remnant but was very involved with Weigh Down for awhile.  To this day, I still try to make sense of it all.  Every couple years I'd pop in to see the latest doings of Gwen and company.  When I popped in a few years ago it was the divorce - that was a shocker!  About a month ago I learned of the plane crash.  Shocking, but not really a huge surprise, I figured they would go out in some sort of Jim Jones event.  I am sad for them.  I've been weirdly unsettled since I found out. 

I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing.  Honestly, the original Weigh Down stuff did help me - I did lose weight, kept some of it off, and weirdly it did lessen my depression.  I met Gwen and I loved her - but I also believe the other stories too.  I knew I could never join Remnant, I don't know if it's because I knew I wasn't "good enough" or that I was just too plain ornery.  I feel so bad for the people who were children in the Remnant - at least I was an adult when I was involved.  Non-Remnant church was bad enough for me as a kid!

This is heartbreaking, @JuneJuly. I am sorry.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Welcome to Free Jinger. People will probably take this account with a grain of salt unless you work with one of the moderators to verify your user name. As you probably realize, it is easy to claim a free account on the Internet whether or not you are the "Real Life" person.

However, assuming you are Dan Gryder, I found your videos about the RF crash to be quite interesting. (I would say entertaining, but that seems a little morbid.) 

I don't know if you would find it interesting, but a few years ago I read a book called "The Map of My Dead Pilots" which was about Alaskan general aviation and the hazards thereof. It is beautifully written by someone who I think worked as a dispatcher for a small air freight company. 

I can work with moderators to confirm - I don't use any alias names or usernames.  If someone from admin can call or email me I will respond.  Dan@DanGryder.com  Thank you!

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

as a couple of folks have suggested, please consider vetting your ID with @nelliebelle1197. Sadly, we have a history of people posting here who claim to be someone they're not. 

@DanGryder It's your job to contact @nelliebelle1197 as stated above.  We don't go chasing people down.  Thank you.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

@MamaJunebug -- a new poster, claiming to be Dan Gryder, created a new topic with his first post. Mods have merged it with this one to reduce the confusion, as @formergothardite says.

@DanGryder - as a couple of folks have suggested, please consider vetting your ID with @nelliebelle1197. Sadly, we have a history of people posting here who claim to be someone they're not. 

Alternatively perhaps Dan could post a code phrase or something here first, then speak it on his YouTube channel as proof.

• Downvote 4
  • Haha 2

There are established policies on verifying posters.  We don't need to invent dances at this point.  It won't be difficult if he wants to do it.  

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1

If he wants verification he can PM me. That is the only process we will follow, period.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

Good evening everyone ❤️ I just got caught up on the previous thread and now this one. Omg the trailer gave me the chills. I remember the day the Smith’s called in. I was at the main church visiting that week so I heard that call in person. I still have the recording. I used to fly in once or twice a month from the Northeast. I left shortly after the end of summer camp that year bc of a (and I know this will sound crazy to some) dream I had that basically told me yo run for my life that a big storm was coming and I’d get caught up in the fall out. So I cut all ties with them. That summer the smith’s baby died of pneumonia and I found it strange, my gut said something was not right. Not to say babies don’t die of pneumonia, it’s just that something was off about that poor baby’s death. I was deeply involved in Remnant and I always knew to trust my dreams. So when I had the dream I listened and abruptly left. No one ever really knew what happened to me bc i never answered any calls (thank god for caller id). After that I was briefly involved in an ex-member group in Yahoo Groups and met another couple in person who were close friends with the Angers and Hecks. It was a very turbulent time for me when I left. I devoured every book I could on cults just to process what had happened. Enough rambling lol. I can’t wait to see the documentary.  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 7

I had to join this board.  I have been reading it for years.

I knew of WD when the first book came out.  I knew the tone of WD changed with RF and with the second book, "Rise Above."  The whole trinity debacle happened...

My whole outlook changed on RF when the Smiths got convicted.

I met the Smiths because we were having trouble with our son.  He had some serious behavioral issues.  We met them at RF in Macon, GA.  They advised us to hit our son and 'put some stank' on it.  We tried it once.  Needless to say, it never worked.

I also believe their first son who died of pneumonia sounded very suspicious.  The Smiths had such a glazed disconnected look in their eyes.  The discipline they described and the other family described sounded brutal.

Come to find out, our son has Autism.  He couldn't hear us.  He has mental health issues and brain cognition issues as well.  The Smith's story with RF will always touch me deeply because we could have just as easily taken things that far and that could be us in jail and our family split up.

I am ready for the documentary.  I have been shaken since the plane crash.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 12
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

@RFCult72, welcome. Thank you for sharing your story.  It resonates with me as I have two children on the Autism spectrum who had bad experiences with parochial school due to similar attitudes. There were two phrases used that are still hot-button phrases in our house today: “total lack of self-control” and “maybe if you just set higher expectations for him.”

I am glad you got out. Please accept a virtual hug from a friend you haven’t met yet.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, DanGryder said:

OK I sent her a PM, thanks.

Hey Dan, In one of your videos you talked about the RF plane possibly falling apart due to speed.  And then I have heard others indicate, due to clouds, and possibly not able to read instruments, Joe may have just gotten disoriented.  I am curious if you ever came up with the most likely scenario for the RF plane crash.

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic