IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

I have sent a PM and the verification required by Nellie Belle, I would be happy to mention a FREE JINGER phrase in next video which comes up soon if there are any suggestions for what you want to hear.  I think this forum is perfect for further exposing this sinking ship.  I have more info coming out on my next video so Im happy to throw a shout out to the Free Jinger masses if that is of interest.  Let me know!

3 minutes ago, Animosus said:

Hey Dan, In one of your videos you talked about the RF plane possibly falling apart due to speed.  And then I have heard others indicate, due to clouds, and possibly not able to read instruments, Joe may have just gotten disoriented.  I am curious if you ever came up with the most likely scenario for the RF plane crash.

Thanks, Its one of the three, basically.  They for sure over sped the jet, which normally causes a control piece to depart, making control impossible.  But they were also in the clouds and no one up front was an IFR Jet Pilot.  Things happen fast and disorientation is a distinct possibility.   Not "totally" off the table yet is suicide.  Joe wqas one messed up dude in the end and I have only recently began to understand how bad he hated life, being trapped, his contractual obligation, etc.  No one can live a lie like this forever with out it affecting them - initially I would not have considered it and was pretty sure it was A or B.  Now C is coming up from the rear and getting stronger.  If I was stuck in that with her I would for sure rather be dead....still shining my light.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I do think the cancellation of Life with Gwen and Joe was in part because he looked so utterly miserable standing next to her. It seems like he could barely tolerate her. There is a high price to pay when you sell your soul for money. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

I have sent a PM and the verification required by Nellie Belle, I would be happy to mention a FREE JINGER phrase in next video which comes up soon if there are any suggestions for what you want to hear.  I think this forum is perfect for further exposing this sinking ship.  I have more info coming out on my next video so Im happy to throw a shout out to the Free Jinger masses if that is of interest.  Let me know!

I can't speak for everyone but I'm wary of tossing Free Jinger out there like that - we get enough trolls already! (But if you do, maybe encourage reading the rules before posting? Please?)

As someone who enjoys watching aviation stuff as a spectator, I'm hoping a more complete final report comes out at some point about what happened. I'd think it's probably a combo of things, based on what I've seen it seems exceptionally rare for a plane crash to have just ONE cause, rather than a string of minor-to-major problems, difficulties or failures that line up just right for things to go totally wrong. Like I figure it's probably boiled down to pilot error - but contributed to by the cloud cover, by the plane being overweighted (maybe also unbalanced?), by him overcorrecting, by his experience or lack thereof, etc. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I do think the cancellation of Life with Gwen and Joe was in part because he looked so utterly miserable standing next to her. It seems like he could barely tolerate her. There is a high price to pay when you sell your soul for money. 

He was in a bind and he was way behind and he was willing to make a deal.  A quote from Mr. Daniels.... 

I looked and I don't see a "rule" regarding using your own name...where is that?  Also I don't see a "rule" regarding starting a new thread....my idea was that I cant follow all 52 RF threads and comments, if anyone has specific questions of info for me then I could keep all that within the Dan Gryder thread...

But...it aint my pony show...they're different.   Owners of this site are getting ad revenue and clicks for more circulation, I would think it would be a help to send more people here?  Im willing to help generqate visitors and new members, if thats not what you want then Im good with that, just say so... 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

“maybe if you just set higher expectations for him.”

Rrrriiigghhttt..... if they are unable to meet lower expectations, higher ones will do the trick. 🙄

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

I looked and I don't see a "rule" regarding using your own name...where is that?  Also I don't see a "rule" regarding starting a new thread....my idea was that I cant follow all 52 RF threads and comments, if anyone has specific questions of info for me then I could keep all that within the Dan Gryder thread...

But...it aint my pony show...they're different.   Owners of this site are getting ad revenue and clicks for more circulation, I would think it would be a help to send more people here?  Im willing to help generqate visitors and new members, if thats not what you want then Im good with that, just say so... 

Just to clarify my mentioning of reading the rules wasn't aimed at you. I've just seen before when the forum is mentioned somewhere and gets an influx of new people, the majority of those new people don't bother to read the rules or lurk at all first, so I figured if you were going to mention this forum it might be nice to toss in a "just read the rules, please, just like anywhere else you go" or something along those lines. 

I dont think there's any rule about using your own name. As for making new threads, you CAN, but the rules say mods can move or merge them as they see fit which is what happened here.

Rule: Threads may be renamed or merged

Threads may be renamed or merged at the discretion of the helpmeets.

Threads and posts may be moved by Helpmeets

If a Helpmeet determines that a thread is better suited to a different forum, it will be moved. No shadow topic will be left in the original forum, so if your post goes missing, have a look around. You can track your posts by clicking on your username and clicking search users posts

It's important to keep all the Remnant discussion in the same place, and it's part of FJ culture to (generally) have fewer but bigger threads to keep everything chronological - even crazy events like the plane crash get discussed in the appropriate thread. If you need specific information you think might be in a previous thread and can't find it with the search function, just ask in this thread and chances are someone might remember which thread it's in or link to it for you. (Within reason, obviously!) If you want a AMA style thread of your own, I'd ask the mods first. But you'll do better in this thread, I think. Remnant is a very tiny fraction of what gets discussed at FJ, many - maybe even most - members and lurkers here might not even know what Remnant is. (As an aside, if you have free time some day - did you know JD Duggar is a pilot? Have you heard of the Schrader's plane with no wings? If you're ever bored look up Tim Rodrigues trying to become a "missionary pilot"! Maybe just ask for a summary of that one, actually... It's amazing how often fundies and aviation cross paths.)

As for ad revenue, of course that's awesome and would be wonderful to have more money coming in to support the forum, upgrade servers, etc. I just personally am wary of a non-rule-reading hand-slapping troll influx. As fun as that can be to watch, it stresses out the mods too. 

And again, I'm just speaking as a member. I have no say, and am just expressing my own worries. Go by whatever the mods tell you! 

(And welcome to FJ!)

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

He was in a bind and he was way behind and he was willing to make a deal.  A quote from Mr. Daniels.... 

You are blowing my mind with the idea that he might have committed suicide.  I don't know why I never considered that.    I assume this means a financial bind?  So, I'm off to go see who Daniels is?  I assume a leader?

40 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

There isn't more than one RF thread.  There is one current thread "Popping Popcorn" and the rest is the history.  Once a thread hits so many pages, the admins create a new page with a currently themed title.  They are numbered so you know the order in which to go back and read if you want to read all the history.  

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, RFFriend said:

I assume this means a financial bind?  So, I'm off to go see who Daniels is?  I assume a leader?

Charlie Daniels.

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, RFFriend said:

You are blowing my mind with the idea that he might have committed suicide.  I don't know why I never considered that.    I assume this means a financial bind?  So, I'm off to go see who Daniels is?  I assume a leader?

There isn't more than one RF thread.  There is one current thread "Popping Popcorn" and the rest is the history.  Once a thread hits so many pages, the admins create a new page with a currently themed title.  They are numbered so you know the order in which to go back and read if you want to read all the history.  

No...lol Charlie Daniels...it's lyrics from his song called

The devil went down to Georgia.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DanGryder said:

No...lol Charlie Daniels...it's lyrics from his song called

The devil went down to Georgia.

6 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Just to clarify my mentioning of reading the rules wasn't aimed at you. I've just seen before when the forum is mentioned somewhere and gets an influx of new people, the majority of those new people don't bother to read the rules or lurk at all first, so I figured if you were going to mention this forum it might be nice to toss in a "just read the rules, please, just like anywhere else you go" or something along those lines. 

I dont think there's any rule about using your own name. As for making new threads, you CAN, but the rules say mods can move or merge them as they see fit which is what happened here.

It's important to keep all the Remnant discussion in the same place, and it's part of FJ culture to (generally) have fewer but bigger threads to keep everything chronological - even crazy events like the plane crash get discussed in the appropriate thread. If you need specific information you think might be in a previous thread and can't find it with the search function, just ask in this thread and chances are someone might remember which thread it's in or link to it for you. (Within reason, obviously!) If you want a AMA style thread of your own, I'd ask the mods first. But you'll do better in this thread, I think. Remnant is a very tiny fraction of what gets discussed at FJ, many - maybe even most - members and lurkers here might not even know what Remnant is. (As an aside, if you have free time some day - did you know JD Duggar is a pilot? Have you heard of the Schrader's plane with no wings? If you're ever bored look up Tim Rodrigues trying to become a "missionary pilot"! Maybe just ask for a summary of that one, actually... It's amazing how often fundies and aviation cross paths.)

As for ad revenue, of course that's awesome and would be wonderful to have more money coming in to support the forum, upgrade servers, etc. I just personally am wary of a non-rule-reading hand-slapping troll influx. As fun as that can be to watch, it stresses out the mods too. 

And again, I'm just speaking as a member. I have no say, and am just expressing my own worries. Go by whatever the mods tell you! 

(And welcome to FJ!)

OK I read the rules and theyre not very clear, they may make sense to you that have been here forever but as a newbie theyre pretty vague and I got slapped with two VIOLATIONS immidiately that I still don't understand...Im not a troll, Im trying to help finish killing this cult that is now hanging on by a thread...Im not ananymous and Im not going to quit this subject till the job is done.  That church RF needs a big old padlock on the doors and a for sale sign...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

6 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

Im trying to help finish killing this cult that is now hanging on by a thread...Im not ananymous and Im not going to quit this subject till the job is done.  That church RF needs a big old padlock on the doors and a for sale sign...

I agree, absolutely. This cult is dangerous and needs to go.

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

OK I read the rules and theyre not very clear, they may make sense to you that have been here forever but as a newbie theyre pretty vague and I got slapped with two VIOLATIONS immidiately that I still don't understand...Im not a troll, Im trying to help finish killing this cult that is now hanging on by a thread...Im not ananymous and Im not going to quit this subject till the job is done.  That church RF needs a big old padlock on the doors and a for sale sign...

Dan is verified as the Dan from youtube.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 22
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, DanGryder said:

There isn't a rule about using your own name. You are welcome to do so, but in your case, since you could have been impersonating the real Dan it was suggested (not mandatory) that you verify.

You are welcome to create new threads, but as @Alisamer pointed out, FJ culture and ways of doing things means that threads on the same topic will be merged. If you want to discuss a completely different issue from RF, feel free to make a new thread wherever makes sense for that conversation.

Owners of this site are getting ad revenue and clicks for more circulation, I would think it would be a help to send more people here?  Im willing to help generqate visitors and new members, if thats not what you want then Im good with that, just say so... 

FJ is not a moneymaking enterprise. We don't need anyone to help drive traffic or anything of the sort. We have ads to pay the bills, nothing more. RF is a tiny part of what people come here to talk about in the grand scheme, and frankly, members that come here for only one thing generally end up being more trouble than anything because they generally refuse to learn learn our culture, how we do things, and follow our rules especially since it is not the aim of FJ in any way to attempt to "take down" cults or change fundamentalist minds. Our role is like the Watchers in Highlander: We observe and record, and never interfere.

50 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

OK I read the rules and theyre not very clear, they may make sense to you that have been here forever but as a newbie theyre pretty vague and I got slapped with two VIOLATIONS immidiately that I still don't understand

If you don't understand what you did wrong, PM a mod and ask.

Edited by Destiny
More words. I'm typing paragraphs here people!
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 5

Great use of a great song! 

On total other news, I need to look up how to get a short trial of HBO Max. :) I already have my big box of Sam's Club popcorn ready to be popped. 

From the trailer, the line that strikes me is the dad talking about how he didn't think he would have to teach his kids to stay away from cults. Since I have dug into the Duggars (one of the ways I found FJ; that and the crazy lady that left VF and she had a blog spilling tea all over), I have taught my daughters about cults; they even watch Escaping Polygamy and Leah Remini & Mike Rinder's series on CO$. Even before diving into cults, I keep teaching my daughters that there are bad segments of Christianity just like other religions and to watch for love bombing. Sadly, they have also been on the receiving end of people saying dumb things to them because we are Catholic. 

• Upvote 12
  • Bless Your Heart 1

20 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

On total other news, I need to look up how to get a short trial of HBO Max. :) I already have my big box of Sam's Club popcorn ready to be popped. 

FWIW, you may check with your cell carrier. I get my HBO free via my cellphone plan, which is good because my attachment to John Oliver is deep and eternal.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 8

We don't have 52 active RF threads to follow.  We have one - this one.  The previous 19 are locked.  We don't do personalized threads except for very personal reasons and those are in the members only section.  We will not be doing a Dan Gryder personal RF thread.  The information and conversation is for ALL members.  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Dan Gryder: you’ll be glad there is just one RF thread when the documentary comes out and this thread becomes very active. It’s way easier to follow just one thread when everyone wants to post their thoughts on the documentary. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

Oh, and just to be clear - "Don't touch the poop" is a very important rule here. That basically means if you, say, interview a RF member or something - don't drag Free Jinger into it at all. 

I'm NOT saying you have or will do that (I am sure you won't!), just making it clear that it's important just in case, since with a documentary coming out we WILL be getting new people here no doubt. There are forums elsewhere where people actively troll, contact, harass, bother etc. people who are discussed here, and that is Not OK at FJ. We're not Reddit. We watch and discuss, but anything actively done against a cult, person, or situation discussed here is not FJ-sanctioned and is on the person doing it alone. 

Now if the person comes here and engages us, that's another ball of wax...

And really, welcome. Read around a bit, there are a lot of awesome and knowledgeable people here!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

Don’t go away! I lurked for years before joining FJ, and what I observed helped clarify the rules. I suspect I am not atypical, but talking to a mod should get you to the same place. 

Edited by Bastet
Spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Oh, and just to be clear - "Don't touch the poop" is a very important rule here. That basically means if you, say, interview a RF member or something - don't drag Free Jinger into it at all. 

I'm NOT saying you have or will do that (I am sure you won't!), just making it clear that it's important just in case, since with a documentary coming out we WILL be getting new people here no doubt. There are forums elsewhere where people actively troll, contact, harass, bother etc. people who are discussed here, and that is Not OK at FJ. We're not Reddit. We watch and discuss, but anything actively done against a cult, person, or situation discussed here is not FJ-sanctioned and is on the person doing it alone. 

Now if the person comes here and engages us, that's another ball of wax...

And really, welcome. Read around a bit, there are a lot of awesome and knowledgeable people here!

Now this is how you community mod. Thank you, Alisamer.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 6

1 minute ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

^^^

I saved the link in case we need it to recommend this post later in the thread.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

On 9/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Dan @ Probable Cause has a new short video.  It is basically just a teaser for the HBO film, but he does mention he is getting a lot of calls from past and current Remnant members and and it sounds like the rats are fleeing the sinking ship.  

Wow! I would not have known this was the same person! Her hair looks normal and she looks pretty!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

In other news, via the internet, a woman in another state that I have never met has now confirmed that I am for sure me.  All is well now.  

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

OK can you point me to this term and explanation in your rules and FAQ's?

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed signature.
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DanGryder said:

In other news, via the internet, a woman in another state that I have never met has now confirmed that I am for sure me.  All is well now.  

I realize it can sound silly, but FJ has been around a long time and we have had issues with fakes and scammers. Anyone could have shown up here and claimed to be you. So I'm sure you can appreciate that mods who do this for free in their spare time, try to get confirmation when a newbie pops up claiming the identity of a real person. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed quoted signature.
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic