IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 20: Popping Popcorn, Waiting for the Bewigged Tiger King....

nelliebelle1197

@DanGryder It's here under "Offsite Interaction".

Offsite Interactions

We have no desire to control our member's off-site interactions and/or behavior.  We do get to control the types of things that are talked about here, however.   Please do not post accounts of trolling a fundie's blog, driving by houses, going through their trash, etc.         Do what you want on your own time, but giving an audience to that kind of thing is not the place FJ wants to be.  Please be careful that you do not interact in such a way as to give the impression you are a representative of Free Jinger.

If you go to a public event, you are free to post your summary of that event or your interactions there.   If you do attend a public event, don't present yourself as a representative of FJ.

"Don't touch the poop" is how it's often referred to. 

And again, I don't think this is something you would do. But since this is the sort of thing that can cause headaches (including legal ones) for the mods, it's important new people understand it.

(Also, thanks mods! I don't ever want to overreach, but I thought this was an important thing to mention just before an influx of new members are likely to arrive.)

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

We have literally no proof that the crash was suicide or anything besides an accident. Please steer clear of innuendo in this area. If and when the NTSB says that's it was, then we can jump off that bridge. For now, consider what you might feel if this was a loved one of yours. No matter what an asshole Gwen was, she had people who loved her.

Edited by Destiny
fix box
  • Upvote 22
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

"Don't touch the poop" is how it's often referred to

And that phrase got started because of the socks and locals that joined the Naugler threads and all sorts of horrible (figurative) poop happened unlike (literal) poop on the homestead. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And that phrase got started because of the socks and locals that joined the Naugler threads and all sorts of horrible (figurative) poop happened unlike (literal) poop on the homestead. 

Oh dear. I don't have time to clean the floors today. No Poopistan up in here ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Rrrriiigghhttt..... if they are unable to meet lower expectations, higher ones will do the trick. 🙄

Well, yeah - also true. I was more irritated at the implication that I had low expectations to start with. Good times, good times. Turns out they did much better in the Evil Public Schools. Go figure.

• Upvote 2

@DanGryder just want to say welcome and thank you for all you are doing to expose RF and investigate the crash.  I have enjoyed your videos.

Someone early on said that Joe was seen acting very oddly before boarding the plane.  Having to spend life with the Crypt Keeper could certainly make life feel bleak.  Anyway, I was just wondering if you have heard this, too, and what you know about his actions prior to boarding the air craft?

Finally, in your last video you mentioned continuing to expose the members and their kids.  While I think members, and especially leaders, are fair game, I ask you to reconsider bringing their kids into this. While it is an easy way to get to the adults, the kids did not ask for this and involving them seems unfair.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

I’m not sure what exposing them entails, but it is good to keep in mind that members of cults are also often victims too. It seems a bit icky to go after random members who have no real power and who might just be vulnerable people Gwen preyed on. 

If anyone is going to be exposed it should be David Shamblin. His hands are as dirty as Gwen’s. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Well, Well, Well!

I had to post, finally. I am an ex-member of Remnant Hell –owship!

Eleven years of my life were spent devoting my everything, all for NOT! I was very close to leadership due to my heavy involvement in many activities. At first, it was amazing because I was a loser and had nothing to live for. I gained tons of weight and had no real-life skills. I married in the church and had three children. I still have to deal with this place regularly because my ex is still a part of the church, and thus my kids have to attend. I will not get too detailed to protect the identity of my kids. I know there are others here that have the same situation as me. I am so excited for the documentary to come out. You guys have no idea what is about to go down? I have to read to guidelines before I post additional info. All I can say is, get the shovels ready for all the dirt.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 13

Hey, @DanGryder, glad to have you here.

Mod warnings and such are always a surprise to me but usually there's a reasonable cause (!!) for them and I know how to get around a little more smoothly.

It's been said before, but I'm pretty well known as someone who talks about something ad infinitum, so just these observations on your first few days here:

-- Verifying your ID.  Look at it from the other end -- if someone were here using your name who wasn't you, you'd want that corrected, right?

-- Mods did (IIRC) the same vetting process when the folks who are producing the RF documentary came here early this year (pre-crash).  It keeps the integrity of the site pretty solid.

-- Using one's own name.  I've been here since there were only 13 Duggar children and can tell you that generally, anonymity is cherished, but by no means required.  We had one young woman upon whom we had snarked, post here, as herself, using a handle that immediately referred to what we'd been saying about her.  Mods confirmed her identity, and last I remember hearing, she was on friendly terms with us and most importantly was living a good life, even having changed her ideas on a few things that IMHO might have held her back.

-- Promoting FJ elsewhere.  Generally, a good reciprocal move but as others have said, FJ seems to get noticed "organically," as it were.  And again, having been here for .... gosh, a lot of years!! ... I don't remember anybody ever asking for $$ to keep the boards going.  Well.... maybe there was back when we went from a sponsored server (Yuku) to our own.  (The move became necessary when some of the snarked-upon pressured Yuku to shut us down.)

-- Bringing RF down.  There was a wolf in sheep's clothing entity calling itself "Vision Forum" several years back.  I mean no disrespect to wolves, these guys were bad.  They caught a lot of criticism from far more quarters than just FJ and eventually imploded upon themselves due to corrupt leadership.  I'm not speaking for FJ, but as an oldtimer, I've seen that thoughtful criticism helps bring an entity down.  

-- The 3rd possibility as to the cause of the crash.  Mods have asked us not to discuss it here but I will be PM'ing you with some questions.  The subject is - tragically - part of my life and I'm always more than curious to learn more about it.

TLTR: Glad you're here! Give yourself a period of adjustment with us! We're worth it. ;) 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 8

5 hours ago, DanGryder said:

I got slapped with two VIOLATIONS immidiately that I still don't understand

Not signing posts is not a difficult concept.  

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

@DanGryder

Finally, in your last video you mentioned continuing to expose the members and their kids.  While I think members, and especially leaders, are fair game, I ask you to reconsider bringing their kids into this. While it is an easy way to get to the adults, the kids did not ask for this and involving them seems unfair.

I totally agree!  I know several kids who would love to be out of this evil place but aren’t old enough to get out. Exposing them for being in it when they have no choice because their parents are literally forcing them to be in it would be totally uncalled for. I also know kids who have completely disowned remnant but parents are still hopeful they will “come to their senses” and so they are still shown as a member but they aren’t. All of these examples are under age kids and can’t get their names off until they are 18. Please reconsider your actions involving kids. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Someone's fan art.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUVhmWJvhgq/

image.png.d41a6c4395b5d1823cb6b1774db21438.png

It does such a good job showing the heretical nature of Gwen's teachings.

I love this. I love how creative people are. I complain about social media and all the bad parts, but I do love how we can easily share our creativity with one another. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

47 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Not signing posts is not a difficult concept.  

OK but my user name is my real name so signing a post with my name is that not the same thing? 

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

OK but my user name is my real name so signing a post with my name is that not the same thing? 

No. Signing your posts is by definition a signature and against our rules. Your username is your username.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, DanGryder said:

You don't sign your posts with anything.  Just make the post.  No signatures, tag lines, tapatalk lines, etc. allowed.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

We've derailed this thread enough with talk about the rules. Further discussion of the rules needs to where it belongs in CD.

Edited by Destiny
fix box
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Does anyone have information on how the Remnant Fellowship businesses are doing?  RF didn't seem to acknowledge the pandemic so I would figure that they've been just business as usual.  Is anyone trying to sell their business now that Gwen is gone?

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, RFFriend said:

I'd be up for that!

I’m rather disappointed that Apple didn’t have their watch with me / media share feature for FaceTime available at iOS 15 release. Hopefully they can get that going soon.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

I’m rather disappointed that Apple didn’t have their watch with me / media share feature for FaceTime available at iOS 15 release. Hopefully they can get that going soon.

I can not WAIT for that feature. BFF and I's current system is a countdown, and it's far from foolproof. I literally cheered when i saw that feature come across in the keynote.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I can not WAIT for that feature. BFF and I's current system is a countdown, and it's far from foolproof. I literally cheered when i saw that feature come across in the keynote.

I literally screamed. It’s such a game changer. No more 3rd party tools and extensions that limit features. No more hoops. Just a few taps and you’re essentially in a movie theater!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Just now, RFSurvivor_2 said:

I literally screamed. It’s such a game changer. No more 3rd party tools and extensions that limit features. No more hoops. Just a few taps and you’re essentially in a movie theater!

RIGHT? So exciting. When 15 went officially live that was the first thing I checked for. I knew it wasn't there before because i had been running the beta, but i had hoped they were just holding it. Have you seen a release plan for it? I'm guessing 15.1? I've been too busy to follow that news the last few weeks.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Xan said:

Does anyone have information on how the Remnant Fellowship businesses are doing?  RF didn't seem to acknowledge the pandemic so I would figure that they've been just business as usual.  Is anyone trying to sell their business now that Gwen is gone?

They do have that restaurant. I wonder how that’s doing. I think it was called City Cafe or something. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

They do have that restaurant. I wonder how that’s doing. I think it was called City Cafe or something. 

They had some sort of contracting business too -- I found it when I was trying to track down their political donations. I want to say it started with an E but I can't remember details.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic