IGNORED

Webster4Eva 10: If Alyssa Doesn't Record It, Then Does It Really Exist?

nelliebelle1197

On 10/16/2021 at 10:46 AM, SassyPants said:

True story. Back in the 70s, the NICU  I later worked in used to dispense whiskey nipples to all the babies who could tolerate such, at bedtime each evening. By the time I started working there in the early 80s and after research contraindicated the practice, it stopped. All the older time nurses would lament the passing of the practice when we couldn’t get the babies settled at night. 

Well, there's this classic exchange that occurred when The Golden Girls were babysitting and the baby wouldn't stop crying:

Rose: It's colic. My children had it. You give them brandy.
Sophia: For colic?
Dorothy: (To Sophia) Yes. After dinner with a cigar.  (To Rose) Rose, you give brandy for teething. You rub it on their gums.
Rose: Oh. I thought I gave it to them for colic. In their bottles. Well, my babies were very happy.
Sophia: Put it in my bottle, I'll be happy too.

• Haha 23
  • Love 1

I watched Alyssa's vlog which featured the infamous Tiki, who did not receive a speaking role in her highly anticipated debut video.
They did a lot of shopping! Did Tiki foot the bill? 🙄

• Upvote 2

Maci is a beautiful baby, gorgeous really. But in Alyssa's latest IG story, Alyssa put her in an old fashioned red velvet dress that is far too large for her. Staring at the camera, in that oversized dress, she looks like a baby from a supernatural flick.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Why are there all of these people staying at Alyssa's house? Can nobody pay for their own hotel room? They're not even my guests, and I already want to tell them to gtfo.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Maci is a beautiful baby, gorgeous really. But in Alyssa's latest IG story, Alyssa put her in an old fashioned red velvet dress that is far too large for her. Staring at the camera, in that oversized dress, she looks like a baby from a supernatural flick.

I agree. Even the bigger girls looked like their dresses were too big. But really none were as big as the bow on Allie’s head. 😏

Also she captioned the pics of them in their dresses as the moments that Maci met her great grandparents for the first time. Does that mean those little people had to travel all that way in those outfits? Grandma Jane was in jeans and a sweatshirt so it’s not like they all dressed up to go somewhere after they got there.

The pics/screen caps: (first time trying to put a pic under a spoiler so hopefully this works)

Spoiler

2CFA79B9-BCAD-4B44-8E54-C02D4AA98C79.thumb.jpeg.0ac63554b7802f24aa0544aa98bc8dbf.jpeg

Spoiler

8A7F1BD4-125C-4B07-AF8A-2C5059806077.thumb.jpeg.06ac46773b0b87175d9262cd8cf7cb09.jpeg

Spoiler

Spoiler

1C6FEF3F-C130-4EFC-A1F2-AE1A987441BE.thumb.jpeg.123807868f1bf625f9d5da04208f617a.jpeg

Edited by JustEnough
Readded third photo under it's own spoiler tag
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 16strong said:

Why are there all of these people staying at Alyssa's house? Can nobody pay for their own hotel room? They're not even my guests, and I already want to tell them to gtfo.

Alyssa is in her grandma's house. She is the one visiting.

42 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa is in her grandma's house. She is the one visiting.

@16strongis likely referring to Alyssa's video where she showed each room... 3 people to each room and 1 on the couch. Her mom, sisters, niece and BIL-to-be all flew in and stayed at Alyssa's. It seemed to only be for a night or 2, and then Alyssa and Katie jetted off to Miami to hang out with Tiki.

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, JustEnough said:

Also she captioned the pics of them in their dresses as the moments that Maci met her great grandparents for the first time. Does that mean those little people had to travel all that way in those outfits? Grandma Jane was in jeans and a sweatshirt so it’s not like they all dressed up to go somewhere after they got there.

She had a story earlier of them arriving. They were just wearing jeans and boots I think. It looks like they are staying over for a few nights.

What is interesting is that it looks like Alyssa is the only one I see visiting her grandparents once in a while. The others only seem to come with the whole family. I think she really likes being with family (parental figures, not just siblings) without being with a hundred people. 

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

She had a story earlier of them arriving. They were just wearing jeans and boots I think. It looks like they are staying over for a few nights.

What is interesting is that it looks like Alyssa is the only one I see visiting her grandparents once in a while. The others only seem to come with the whole family. I think she really likes being with family (parental figures, not just siblings) without being with a hundred people. 

Erin was down there last week or so from memory 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh I missed that, never mind.

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

OMG, my thoughts precisely!!!!!! 😂

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Whatever hand sign that baby is making completes the pic. Now I need it in black and white.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

She was. Erin also seems to like to visit on her own..she was there in the spring as well. 

• Upvote 1

It’s funny how they grew up in these huge families and seem to want big families too. Yet they want to go visit their grandparents without their siblings and their families. They want their grandparents all to themselves. I just don’t get it. You can tell Alyssa didn’t enjoy having a large family growing up. Yet I bet she will have more kids. You would think if you hated it so much, you would stop at 2 or 3. One of my parents hated having a large poor family growing up and made sure they didn’t have a big family. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny how they grew up in these huge families and seem to want big families too. Yet they want to go visit their grandparents without their siblings and their families. They want their grandparents all to themselves. I just don’t get it. You can tell Alyssa didn’t enjoy having a large family growing up. Yet I bet she will have more kids. You would think if you hated it so much, you would stop at 2 or 3. One of my parents hated having a large poor family growing up and made sure they didn’t have a big family. 

Even if they have 6 or 8 kids, that's still a lot less than 19! So by comparison they may think it is a small family.

(FYI, fundies, it's not. You should limit your family size and think about the repercussions of having such a large brood.)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

OMG, my thoughts precisely!!!!!! 😂

I'm glad I'm not alone. 

Did she dress those little girls in long dresses, curl their hair, and attach huge bows just to see their great-grandparents? It seems a bit odd to me.

Thinking back, I did dress my kid up when she met an older relative for the first time. But I just put her in a pretty dress with matching shoes (comfy ones, so the baby could still play). I thought I was doing a lot, but apparently I didn't get the memo that babies should be put in long, oversized dresses when meeting old folks. I wonder if she used makeup on them?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, JustEnough said:

I agree. Even the bigger girls looked like their dresses were too big. But really none were as big as the bow on Allie’s head. 😏

The pics/screen caps: (first time trying to put a pic under a spoiler so hopefully this works)

Hide contents

2CFA79B9-BCAD-4B44-8E54-C02D4AA98C79.thumb.jpeg.0ac63554b7802f24aa0544aa98bc8dbf.jpeg

Hide contents

8A7F1BD4-125C-4B07-AF8A-2C5059806077.thumb.jpeg.06ac46773b0b87175d9262cd8cf7cb09.jpeg

Hide contents

Hide contents

1C6FEF3F-C130-4EFC-A1F2-AE1A987441BE.thumb.jpeg.123807868f1bf625f9d5da04208f617a.jpeg

I have never before seen an off-the-shoulder baby dress. I feel sure it would cause Jill R to faint.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It might be the grandparents’ preference not to have too many of them visit at the same time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

It might be the grandparents’ preference not to have too many of them visit at the same time. 

Very true. I did spy the chairs with covers. And didn’t GM Jane complain about her own grand kids’ behaviors when they visited? It’s probably nicer for the kids too, more 1:1 time with the GGPs-

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It honestly looks like she and the girls are going to a wedding. They are all so dressed up. I’m sure it’s because she wanted an impromptu photo shoot with her grandparents. Alyssa comes from a family who seems to do photo shoots every other day. 🙄

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It honestly looks like she and the girls are going to a wedding. They are all so dressed up. I’m sure it’s because she wanted an impromptu photo shoot with her grandparents. Alyssa comes from a family who seems to do photo shoots every other day. 🙄

This for sure.  Can't she just enjoy being with her grandparents without feeling the need to be on Instagram?  I really hope she asked her grandparents for permission to post pictures and videos of them on her Instagram account.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I'm glad I'm not alone. 

Did she dress those little girls in long dresses, curl their hair, and attach huge bows just to see their great-grandparents? It seems a bit odd to me.

Thinking back, I did dress my kid up when she met an older relative for the first time. But I just put her in a pretty dress with matching shoes (comfy ones, so the baby could still play). I thought I was doing a lot, but apparently I didn't get the memo that babies should be put in long, oversized dresses when meeting old folks. I wonder if she used makeup on them?

I think that they were having photos (possibly professional) taken with her family and grandparents (she has done this before). I believe that she just titled it "meeting for the first time" not meaning that exact "momen" but more like that holiday/visit. That's the impression I got anyway. 
Yes those dresses are horrible and look like a tiki cheap trash to big  griftiing stalker special.

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Haunted Victorian baby:

444212867_baby(3).PNG.fba6d1264012e99b8c21cfd6204c0563.PNG

LOL, exactly!

The grandparents look appropriately dressed for a visit with four small children. They look ready to run around, pick apples, make cookies, feed a baby, color, build a fort.

Alyssa and girls, however, look like they are on their way to a fancy-dress ball. They are so painfully dressed up and look so out of place, next to Mama Jane's down-to-earth demeanor. 

I had my first-ever photo shoot this summer. It was mighty expensive. I don't understand how Alyssa and John--with four kids and one income--manage to afford these endless photo shoots.

John seems like the more sensible of the two. I doubt he is yearning for an "updated" fall photo shoot. I wonder if he resents the money she spends on this stuff, when a friend with a Canon could easily get a good picture of them all. A photographer once told me, "You really can't take a bad picture of someone under five" and it's true. Little kids always look cute. She could get great pictures of them with her iphone.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic