IGNORED

Ted Cruz: Braying Jackass of the U.S. Senate

Cartmann99

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Exactly. I am on record many times with how much I loathe Raphael but it’s not cool to throw anything that could injure someone, even him.  But he won’t understand the message in Mueller She Wrote’s very apt tweet. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Exactly. I am on record many times with how much I loathe Raphael but it’s not cool to throw anything that could injure someone, even him.  But he won’t understand the message in Mueller She Wrote’s very apt tweet. 

I did laugh at all the people booing him and giving him thumbs down gestures. 

• Upvote 4

Someone else feels the same as I do about Cruz:

• Upvote 4

Texas, you had your chance. You could have gotten rid of Teddy and put Beto in as your senator. But noooo,  he wasn't a republican. So you deserve the POS senator you have. You can now make a better choice for governor. Do it. And when the time comes for Teddy to run again get rid of him as well.

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Texas, you had your chance. You could have gotten rid of Teddy and put Beto in as your senator. But noooo,  he wasn't a republican  christofascist.

Fixed that for you. I‘m sorry you have to deal with him another term. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who wishes Ted’s vocal cords would fuse, rendering him incapable of speech?

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Am I the only one who wishes Ted’s vocal cords would fuse, rendering him incapable of speech?

You are definitely not the only one. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 11/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I often experienced someone telling me all kinds of things. Then I turned seven and my imaginary friend Cindy was suddenly no longer around. I wonder what Ted named his and why is a big, strong guy who cries (not that men shouldn’t cry, but in Cruz world men shouldn’t cry unless it fits a narrative.)!

• Upvote 4

I’m shocked that Ted would do something unethical and/or illegal. /s

• Thank You 6

On 11/30/2022 at 4:54 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Shut up, Ted

Dear Raphael: 

Yes. Yes. Probably. In that order. 

• Upvote 3

I’ve made no secret of how much I despise Cruz, but I feel horrible for him and his wife. Their 14 year old daughter attempted suicide. They must be in agony.

• Sad 9
  • Thank You 3

I didn’t realize that this daughter made a statement that she is bisexual and disagrees with her dad on nearly everything. Poor thing. 

I will say that as a mental health professional who has worked with teens a lot… self-injury is really common these days and often doesn’t have suicidal ideation at its root. Still scary as hell and my heart goes out to all the them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 8

Oh, no!  I cannot imagine the anguish they all feel.  I am also not a fan of Ted or his politics, but I pray for them all.  I hope her cry for help has been heard and they all can heal moving forward.  

• Upvote 12

That poor child. I hope they all get the help they need to get through this, and that her Mom and some other family members are allies.

And maybe, just maybe, hoping against all odds, this will wake up something in her father's mind, to see the real human beings around him, in his family, his state, and the country, and how their well-being is so much more important than his ambitions.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

The US Senate is in session.  Is Cruz even in Texas right now? 

So, so much compassion for the daughter.  Cruz is hard core Evangelical -- her father and paternal grandfather publicly advocate against who she is

I have zero idea about how much Heidi Cruz agrees with her husband, especially as he's become a MAGAT and more reich wing over time.  Truly hope she's able to support her daughter in an authentic way and there's secular counseling available. 

The daughter is at an age where she's likely becoming interested in romantic relationships and possibly a same sex relationship. If a romantic interest is totally unacceptable to the parents...

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

I will say that as a mental health professional who has worked with teens a lot… self-injury is really common these days and often doesn’t have suicidal ideation at its root.

Thank you for this insight. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I have zero idea about how much Heidi Cruz agrees with her husband

This is THE question. 

I sure hope that she is an ally to their daughter, regardless of whatever she thinks of her husband. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

This poor child. Her jackal of a father blamed her and her sister for the Cancun trip during the Texas freeze. If the information that she has come out as bisexual is correct, she has to live her life in the public eye because of her father as well as know that he publicly supports legislation aimed at discriminating and denying people who are not heterosexual. Even her medical emergency has to be broadcast instead of being kept private. 14 is hard enough without all of the other complications she has to face. If Cruz doesn’t leave DC right away to be there for her and stay as long as needed then he is a terrible father. We already know he is a shit human but he has a chance to show he is not a total garbage parent. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

I hope CPS takes her and her sister out of the Cruz household.

ETA I have no sympathy for Ted at all after he tweeted the pic of Hunter's naked body and spreading conspiracy theories about the attack on Paul Pelosi.  I support Caroline, her sister, and their mother only and wish love on them.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I hope CPS takes her and her sister out of the Cruz household.

ETA I have no sympathy for Ted at all after he tweeted the pic of Hunter's naked body and spreading conspiracy theories about the attack on Paul Pelosi.  I support Caroline, her sister, and their mother only and wish love on them.

They won't be removed from the home. Money talks, heck, even without money kids are stuck. I feel bad for them. I can't imagine life like that. I hope their mother is supportive of them. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5

There was a story about Heidi, Cruz's wife, from around 2007.  She was spotted by the police sitting in the grass by the side of a street and crying.  They stopped and investigated and she wasn't inebriated or acting as if she took drugs.  I think they convinced her to let them drive her home.  I think they said she had trouble with depression.  At that point, Ted was the Solicitor General of Texas but was already trying for more media coverage.  

I think he's just impossible and I don't know how Heidi and the girls tolerate him.  I mostly feel sorry for the two daughters.  I hope the teenager gets the help she needs.

• Upvote 7

I loathe Ted with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but lord have mercy I hope his daughter is safe and that Heidi and maybe some other people in the family are allies for her.  Besides the sexual orientation issue, I cannot imagine what it must be like to be a teen, with teen friends, and your father being this universally hated pariah that the world can't stand.  She and her sister have probably endured some pretty serious bullying in their short lives.

• Upvote 9