IGNORED

Ted Cruz: Braying Jackass of the U.S. Senate

Cartmann99

Teddy is a flying hot mess 

A law enforcement officer was called step in Sunday after Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) got into a heated argument with airline attendees at an airport in Bozeman, Mont., on Sunday, The Daily Mail reported.

A video posted to Reddit shows the senator engaged in conversation with two representatives at the United Airlines desk after he reportedly missed the check-in window for his flight.

A law enforcement officer was then sent to help handle the situation, according to Scott Humphrey, a deputy director of Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport.

"One of our Public Safety Officers (PSO) was in the ticket lobby and was asked to assist with a frustrated passenger at the United ticket counter (which is not unusual)," Humphrey told The Daily Mail. "The passenger had missed the check-in window for his flight and re-booking options were limited out of Bozeman due to Spring Break."

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Cancun Cruz being flight blocked as options were limited due to spring break is just too good.  

• Upvote 12

I wish the people of TX would stop electing this entitled yahoo. Yes, sir, the rules apply to you too. Set a better example and get a health check up. You do not look well.

• Upvote 8

On 3/23/2022 at 10:35 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.67d9324aa102d32a789efa6cabe9f52e.png

Hell of it is too if he had calmly and rationally explained why he needed to get where he going the agents probably would have done more to help him even if it meant not taking the most direct route.  And it wouldn't have made the news at all.  And Cancún Cruz could've kept his ass making powder dry for the hearings instead.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

LOL I hope someone at the airport heard him yell that and said something snarky about there being no flights to Cancun. He's the sort of ass who deserves to be heckled, so I hope there were bystanders chiming in since the employees of the airline probably had to keep sweet. 

I'd have been tempted to do the old fashioned "Attention! Can anyone help? This man doesn't know who he is?!" announcement. 

Also I despise when people are rude to people who are working, trying to provide a service. The customer isn't always right, but being polite and patient will get you a lot farther than pissing people off. Like if someone yelled at me "do you know who I am!" I would be less inclined to help him. Oops, there was an opening on a flight leaving in 20 minutes, but it JUST closed. Sorry. Next flight is in 5 hours and has stopovers  with flight changes in Phoenix, Miami and Philadelphia. You should arrive in DC day after tomorrow. NEXT!

But being polite about it could have gotten him rerouted with as little delay as possible. 

And boarding times are set for a reason. The way things work now, landings are sometimes scheduled even before planes get airborne, that's why there's a lot less random circling above airports waiting your turn to land these days. I was once told it costs thousands of dollars every minute a plane sits at the gate beyond it's scheduled time. There's another plane ready to pull in and use that gate. Delaying the plane for Cruz would have delayed the people on his flight, the people on the flight that just landed that need that gate, the people on the next flight out of DC that will be using his plane after him, would have shaken up the scheduling at the arrival airport, might have required some in-air route changes to avoid traffic...

It's not like they can just sit there like an Uber waiting on you. The people at the desk aren't going to be able to make the call to hold up multiple flights. ATC has some flexibility for safety reasons, but gate agents aren't going to be able to hold up a plane for you. The pilots and crew might be coming up on flight time limits. The plane you are on has another flight leaving right after you get off - it'll get a quick clean and restock and new passengers will board. A 20 minute wait for Cruz to get his ass through the airport and seated on the plane might be enough to put the pilots too close to their flight time limitations, and surprise, now nobody's going anywhere until a new crew can be rounded up. And they might not be nearby, so you'll have to wait for them to fly in from their homes in various places around the country.

It's like the airline version of the butterfly effect. One late Ted Cruz in Bozeman can cause delays and maybe even cancellations across the entire country!

However, I think that sort of delaying and shaking up DOES happen for Air Force 1. I've heard some ATC recordings of it arriving places, and it's a "VIP" that basically puts everything else on hold while it's landing and taking off. Other planes are told to line up and wait, ones coming in to land are given holding vectors. It's all scheduled ahead, of course, so not as disruptive as delaying a commercial flight. Cruz probably was expecting Air Force 1 treatment on a random regular commercial flight!

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

However, I think that sort of delaying and shaking up DOES happen for Air Force 1. I've heard some ATC recordings of it arriving places, and it's a "VIP" that basically puts everything else on hold while it's landing and taking off. Other planes are told to line up and wait, ones coming in to land are given holding vectors. It's all scheduled ahead, of course, so not as disruptive as delaying a commercial flight. Cruz probably was expecting Air Force 1 treatment on a random regular commercial flight!

Yeah any time AF1 arrives in town it shakes up just about everything.  President Obama back in 2011 came to the factory I was working at and the security precautions around the visit disrupted quite a bit.  I was glad he came but still it was pretty tiring and I slept real good afterwards.

Then fuck face came to town in 2020.  Of course he never left the airport but still there was the no fly zone and all that, and a bunch of Branch Trumpvidians driving into our fields hoping that would get them backstage passes to see fuck face.  I asked the sheriff if next time they could just close the entire road we lived on to traffic and due to fuck face's having left people stranded without buses to get back to their cars trespassing was a concern for the airport neighbors - that people would cut through fields seeking a shortcut. 

• Upvote 4

Not so very safe for work, but damn, this is totally on point and a major burn: 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Uh was it Ted Cruz? 

Tourists were sent scrambling by loud bangs heard at the international airport in the Mexican resort of Cancun Monday.

Flights were briefly suspended after authorities received reports of gunshots at the airport, the National Guard said in a statement. But those noises were confirmed not to be gunfire, and instead were caused by three advertisement signs that were accidentally knocked down by a traveler, the airport's Emergency Operations Center indicated in a statement.

"After investigating the reported incidents, the findings are that this was a case of a false alarm caused by a misinterpretation by some airport users of a loud noise that was heard," the statement read. "The noise was caused by three 'totem-style' signposts, each weighing approximately 50 kg (110 lb), which fell over after being inadvertently pushed by a passenger who was rushing to reach their boarding gate." 

People began spreading unconfirmed reports of the noise, activating emergency protocols and an evacuation of terminal three, the Operations Center said. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• Upvote 9

I didn't think I could love Andy Borowitz harder, but now I do.  In his latest humor column for The New Yorker  he noted that Dr. Fauci is recommending legalizing pot in Texas, because it would help Texans tolerate the sound of Ted Cruz's voice. 

"The noise was caused by three 'totem-style' signposts, each weighing approximately 50 kg (110 lb), which fell over after being inadvertently pushed by a passenger who was rushing to reach their boarding gate." 

@47of74, this is THE most Mexico thing ever -- three tall, unstable and unsecured 110-lb signposts in a busy airport. 

I haven't been to Mexico in 20 years, but have driven thousands of miles on Mexican highways over the previous decades starting in the 1970s.  Things have most certainly improved on highways and culturally, but there seems to be a remnant of an underlying element of fatalism...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Ted Cruz (R-Cancún) can't help but make an ass of himself.

Senator Ted Cruz, who seems to have a thing for getting humiliated online, made the personal choice to go after actor and professional wrestler Mr. T for announcing on Twitter that he got his second Moderna booster shot against COVID-19. He didn’t actually say that anyone else should get a second booster, only stating his personal plans for protecting himself and the people around him from the dangerous virus, but Cruz, of course, never misses a chance to make something political.

“I just received my 2nd Moderna booster vaccine, and I feel good!” tweeted T, a cancer survivor. “I am still going to wear my mask and keep my distance because the virus ain’t over, Fool!”

“Bizarre,” responded Cruz in a quote tweet. “535 Members of Congress can attend the State of the Union without wearing masks, but it’s still not good enough for Hollywood.”

It’s unclear where Cruz saw any reference to the U.S. Congress in Mr. T’s tweet, but seems to be suggesting that if members of said congress aren’t wearing masks, then nobody should wear masks, because something something freedom?

Hey Teddy ya notice that Mr. T survived cancer so it makes sense for him to want to be cautious.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Ted Cruz (R-Cancún) can't help but make an ass of himself.

Hey Teddy ya notice that Mr. T survived cancer so it makes sense for him to want to be cautious.

Hey Teddy, if you are this desperate for attention, do what many of your colleagues do and hire a hooker. Don’t fuck with the beloved Mr. T.  We thought you learned a lesson when you tried to take on Big Bird and got thoroughly dunked. Take a cue from Cawthorne and punch down. There has to be a dried up twig somewhere in Texas. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

There has to be a dried up twig somewhere in Texas. 

I can send him some tumbleweeds.

Spoiler

tumbleweed GIF

• Haha 6

Hey Teddy you're the last person on Earth who should be saying where people are;

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another right-wing lawyer on Twitter did a thread on Tuesday with pictures and personal information about the law clerk he thinks is behind the leak. The thread has been reported numerous times, but is still up.

• Upvote 6

Cruz and his publishers put the Russian statue “The Motherland Calls” commemorating Soviet victory at the Battle of Stalingrad on his new book about how the US legal system isn’t right wing enough yet. What the heck? 

Wut?  This cannot be coincidence, can it?   I mean, coincidence or nah?  Who the heck uses a Russian statue on the cover of a book about the American legal system when Russia is currently pillaging, committing genocide and bombing cities in a sovereign nation into oblivion while threatening famine by destroying the Breadbasket of Europe. Farmers can't get into their fields because many are mined.   I cannot grok this.  It's literally incomprehensible.  Unless, of course, Ted Cruise was pranked by his publisher. 

Even for Ted Cruz, this is awful, no good and very, very bad. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

@Becky, we’ll have to agree to disagree as I don’t think it’s debatable. The evidence that he is a moron is overwhelming. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

The rest of the thread. 👇

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 9

I guess Teddy is getting rewarded for being a good like Trumpist.

• Upvote 5