IGNORED

Ted Cruz: Braying Jackass of the U.S. Senate

Cartmann99

17 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Even her medical emergency has to be broadcast instead of being kept private.

I'm aghast that the details of the emergency medical call to the house concerning a minor aren't somehow protected information.  Media hopping on this like a bunch of damn jackals is disgusting.

You're a 14-yr-old girl and now everyone, literally everyone (including every mean girl in your expensive private school),  knows that you self harmed and your private pain is exposed to the world. 

As noted, Ted and his father are fanatical evangelicals.  Raphael Cruz, and certainly Ted,  are 7 Mountains Dominionists. 

I don't know where Heidi falls on the conservative Christian spectrum. But we do dissect fundies on FJ. We do know what they think of LGBT+ and how they address it in their families (Bad! Sin!). Ted is adamantly opposed to same-sex marriage. 

I wish I could magically order up a cloak of  protection, support and healing and wrap it around this child. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Standards are only for Dems.  

• Upvote 6

I wish the good people of Cancun would keep Ted. Oh, and cut off his internet and phone. 

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

Poor old Ted.  He still thinks if he sucks up hard enough, Trump will either make him Secretary of State or Attorney General.  It ain't gonna happen, Ted.

• Upvote 3

On 3/2/2023 at 6:06 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

As the Dutch saying goes: 

Hollow vats sound the loudest.

• Upvote 9

22 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He's gotten to the point of parody. Again.

First, does he think that the FAA administrator is the one doing the hiring of pilots for airlines? Second, why in the world would the gender or religion of the pilot matter to anyone on an aircraft? All I want to know is that they are qualified to fly. Third, the phrase "preventing the plane from crashing" feels off, to me. A commercial airliner, barring major mechanical failure or severe pilot error, simply flies once it's at cruising altitude. Pilot skill and knowledge is important - for takeoffs, landings, weather, emergencies, and programming the autopilot in the first place - but at cruise, it's going to fly unless somebody screws up or something breaks. There was a Helios flight in Greece that had a slow depressurization and everyone on board was affected by hypoxia, including the pilots. It flew for hours and hours on complete autopilot in it's assigned holding pattern until it ran out of fuel. They had to scramble jets to go LOOK in the windows to see if the pilots were present and alert, because on it's own the jet flew normally. There was just no communication from the plane. "Preventing a plane from crashing" is not the main point of the pilot's job. If the pilot does their job correctly and there are no mechanical failures, that situation is super uncommon.

Frankly I'd rather have a trans witch flying the plane than a fundamentalist (of any stripe). The witch is likely to be running checklists and flying the plane and doing everything possible to solve the problem. I've heard more than one cockpit voice recording where a very religious pilot is freaking out and praying. 

I hope next time Cruz flees to Cancun a trans witch is his pilot. Who makes a point to come introduce themself to Ted. 

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 8

AKA Asleep

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 1

So the students shouldn’t be allowed to exercise their right to free speech?  Hmmm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ted lies? Where are my pearls to clutch in surprise?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ted is trying to act like he's relevant.

• Upvote 5

I’m childish enough to giggle at this:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7