IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

47 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

In some states (not sure about TN), the court or child support administration can impute income for a party that is underemployed. This is typically used for people that could be employed or could take a higher paying job but don't (think a line worker that has a master's degree in engineering; yes, some people purposely take a lower wage job to get out of paying child support). I would guess her attorney would try to impute income for Joe because he had work history.

It doesn't really matter now because with Joe gone, Natasha has full legal and physical custody of their daughter. 

They can, and they likely did.  But TN imputed income typically is low, even for those with obvious skills.  My ex didn’t do this, but I’ve seen people quit jobs in an attempt to deprive a spouse of child support.  They left 50k jobs and the imputes income was 50% of that.  

It was pure speculation, I just wanted to throw out how TN works as far as it goes.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 3

God treats you like a son.

So you'll get starvation in the desert, friends you can't trust,  and eventually you can expect to be crucified.

Elizabeth's Instagram seems to have gone private too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

12 hours ago, RFTies said:

Random observation: it looks like Michael’s wife Erin Shamblin deleted and/or shut down her Facebook page. I checked it a few times post crash and it was still up, now I can’t find anything.

Complete speculation: trouble brewing?

I wonder if RF has a PR firm, or if they just wing it.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if RF has a PR firm, or if they just wing it.

The way RF operates, I would guess they have someone in the cult experienced in PR or something similar. And they expect that person to deal with the PR for RF free of charge. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The way RF operates, I would guess they have someone in the cult experienced in PR or something similar. And they expect that person to deal with the PR for RF free of charge. 

I bet there is a staff member of some sort charged with PR duties. There would have to be.

• I Agree 5

23 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Filing for custody of Jessica and Jonathan Walters’ three children are longtime Remnant leaders Patrick and Amy Stites.

I find this so.......odd.

Why would they do this -- are they the Walters' BFFs?  Who are the Stites except RF Royalty/  Why would they file for custody when there are relatives out there? Looks like a battle could be brewing out there.

Can anyone with RF insight on the Stites give us the deets on this couple.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

What a mess.  No stone will be left unturned to get to the bottom of this. Huge liability issues are looming and the FAA is investigating all of the factors contributing to the crash. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Here's the video from the newscast.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/investigations/court-records-raise-questions-of-pilot-s-qualifications-to-fly-before-deadly-crash/article_efe07282-db6c-11eb-8ba8-4728174274f9.html?block_id=994460

Just that little bit of video of Joe mocking the mother of their daughter "Get some help, please get some help.  You're a sick, sick girl."  "Get some help, get some help."  His demeanor is the exact opposite of concern for her.   It's patronizing and talking down to her.  Not very nice.

So the whole medical certificate is in question all the more based on Joe's own sworn testimony.  

Drug use and medical conditions that if the FAA would have known about should/would have prevented him from having a valid pilot's license.

Oh my.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

On 7/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I figured the Martins’ second youngest son was a legal adult since he just graduated high school. But he could still be 17. I graduated at 17 and so did my husband. So I’m guessing he’s 17.

In some states, young adults would still need guardians even if they are 18 or a little older. A friend of mine was from New York and her brother became her guardian when she was 19. 

• Upvote 4

It appears 18 is the age of majority for mentally competent persons in Tennessee.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Is filing a claim to the estate the same as suing for custody?

18 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It appears 18 is the age of majority for mentally competent persons in Tennessee.  

I looked up the age of majority and you're right. I hadn't heard that phrase before. Most states have 18 as the age of majority. However many states including New York and Tennessee have an "age of trust termination."The age of trust termination is 21. It has to do with financial stuff. This is an excerpt from the article:

The Credit CARD Act of 2009 prevents children from obtaining a credit card unless they have an independent means of repaying the debt, are age 21 or older, or have a cosigner who is age 21 or older. So, a college student could have reached the age of majority for their state of residence, but be unable to obtain a credit card. This is why many college students rely on debit cards instead of credit cards.

The age of majority is not necessarily the same as the age of trust termination, which is the age at which a child gains control over a custodial bank or brokerage account or a custodial 529 college savings plan. The age of trust termination is specified by the Uniform Transfer to Minors Account (UTMA) in most states.

Here is the source of that quote.

Since the Reminant had a lot of wealthy people, it's possible that Martins had either a trust, a college savings plan, or he will inherit his share of the estate. Either way he may need a guardian to have access to some sort of trust set up in his name.  

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

That's usually more of a trustee for the account type situation than an actual guardianship.  When we set up trust accounts for the grandchildren, alternate trustees were listed in the documents.  That doesn't mean the trustees will have say over any other factors when they're 18 beyond certain financial aspects of the accounts.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Just that little bit of video of Joe mocking the mother of their daughter "Get some help, please get some help.  You're a sick, sick girl."  "Get some help, get some help."  His demeanor is the exact opposite of concern for her.   It's patronizing and talking down to her.  Not very nice.

Creepy, too, I thought. Kind of menacing. 

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I took it as gaslighting. If he tells her she’s crazy enough times, she might believe it. 

Edited by FusterCluck
Words are important.
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Creepy, too, I thought. Kind of menacing. 

NOT pastoral by any stretch! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why would they do this -- are they the Walters' BFFs?  Who are the Stites except RF Royalty/  Why would they file for custody when there are relatives out there? Looks like a battle could be brewing out there.

Hopefully someone who is former RF can give better insight... I just know that it seems like a lot of younger members live with them when they move to TN. We know people who continued to live with them even after they had family they COULD be living with. They were nice enough, but the vibe felt off.

• Upvote 4

I can't access wsmv... Why was Joe in court testifying about his medicals? 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

From my recollection, the two families were good friends. At one point they were even neighbors. The kids all were growing up together. At one point Jessica was a mentor of sorts for me and there would often be one of the Stites kids at their house when I would visit with Jessica (normally the daughter who was friends with the eldest Walters daughter) 

Edited by RFsurvivor
I forgot words
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Since the Remnant had a lot of wealthy people, it's possible that Martins had either a trust, a college savings plan, or he will inherit his share of the estate. Either way he may need a guardian to have access to some sort of trust set up in his name.  

Posted on FB by Jennifer Martin’s sister, Candy:

I’ve had a lot of people ask how they can help. A fund has been set up to provide assistance with the boys who will be living with my niece Ashton Jost and her husband Slater Jost.

The fund is an investment account that Ashton will be able to take out money to use for the boys expenses like school, groceries, medical…

If you feel led to give, you can send a check made out to “Pershing” with “Martin children” on the memo line. Mail it to:

Pershing 

c/o Abbi Maginnis

341 Cool Springs Blvd, Suite 140

Franklin TN 37067

Abbi Langsdon Maginnis is the daughter of Remnant leader Joe Langsdon.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

52 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

From my recollection, the two families were good friends. At one point they were even neighbors. The kids all were growing up together. At one point Jessica was a mentor of sorts for me and there would often be one of the Stites kids at their house when I would visit with Jessica (normally the daughter who was friends with the eldest Walters daughter) 

I remember as a kid my mom telling me when she and my dad named her best friend and bf’s husband as the people who would care for us in the event of their passing, and we weren’t in a cult, my grandparents were just elderly and lived in different states. A few years later when my aunts got older she told us she changed it to my aunt who lived in our same city. So while the “keep them in the cult” angle is most likely true, there might be perfectly normal reasons peoples estates were set up that way.

Veering off topic here, but for those of y’all with kids, don’t be afraid of talking about this kind of stuff; maybe I was just an anxious kid but I remember feeling relieved that there was a plan and I knew what the plan was. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

17 minutes ago, Strawbernana said:

I remember as a kid my mom telling me when she and my dad named her best friend and bf’s husband as the people who would care for us in the event of their passing, and we weren’t in a cult, my grandparents were just elderly and lived in different states. A few years later when my aunts got older she told us she changed it to my aunt who lived in our same city. So while the “keep them in the cult” angle is most likely true, there might be perfectly normal reasons peoples estates were set up that way.

Veering off topic here, but for those of y’all with kids, don’t be afraid of talking about this kind of stuff; maybe I was just an anxious kid but I remember feeling relieved that there was a plan and I knew what the plan was. 

As much as it breaks my heart for the family that might lose them to the cult, I get it. We have very clearly stated in paperwork that nobody from RF are to get custody of our girls under any circumstances. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Strawbernana said:

I agree. Our girls know the plan, and it gave both of them peace to know who they would go to, and that they were people who they loved and would care for them well.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I can't access wsmv... Why was Joe in court testifying about his medicals? 

His daughter's mother was attempting to get a court order banning him from flying with the child because she felt like he wasn't a safe pilot. 

I would like to read the entire transcript.  the news report pulled out the line about his medical expiring, but I wonder if there was more to that sentence. Like he said it expired but he got it renewed?

The video of him talking to his ex is extremely disturbing. He and Gwen deserved each other. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic