IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

In the above video and maybe in others, Dan Gryder of Probable Cause alleges that Joe only spent a few days — maybe 4 — at Flight Safety in Atlanta and not finishing the course, essentially flunking out. (And then having a designated flight examiner in Nashville approve his certification — an examiner who has since been suspended over this matter and then quickly cleared by FAA.)

But below in this “Life with Gwen and Joe,” posted May 22, 2020, at the 9-minute mark, Joe says he had just been in Atlanta for Flight Safety for a full 12 days! (And how agonizing it was to be away from Gwen and how he couldn’t sleep without her — well, he does have insomnia, so sayeth that California green card!)

Supposing Gryder’s sources are correct ... what was Joe really doing for the rest of the week while apparently lying to Gwen re his whereabouts?

Did you see the eye roll from Joe about soul mates?  About 7:40!  He was mad!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

In the above video and maybe in others, Dan Gryder of Probable Cause alleges that Joe only spent a few days — maybe 4 — at Flight Safety in Atlanta and not finishing the course, essentially flunking out. (And then having a designated flight examiner in Nashville approve his certification — an examiner who has since been suspended over this matter and then quickly cleared by FAA.)

But below in this “Life with Gwen and Joe,” posted May 22, 2020, at the 9-minute mark, Joe says he had just been in Atlanta for Flight Safety for a full 12 days! (And how agonizing it was to be away from Gwen and how he couldn’t sleep without her — well, he does have insomnia, so sayeth that California green card!)

Supposing Gryder’s sources are correct ... what was Joe really doing for the rest of the week while apparently lying to Gwen re his whereabouts?

That video was haunting for so many reasons:

1.) What is Joe all about? They mentioned Gwen, God and flying... not a single mention of his daughter or being a dad.  Not as important as Gwen or planes I guess.  My heart breaks for his daughter who will watch that video some day.

2.) Gwen said Joe was safe when he flies.

3.) Gwen said they are always asking if God is happy with them (Remnant). Think anyone in the cult would take the crash as the ultimate sign he isn't all that happy with them?

4.) Joe's face lit up when talking about his Glory Days as Tarzan.  He soooooo loved the fame. His never had the same enthusiasm when talking about Gwen. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Thank you all for watching & reporting on it. Gives me the heebie-jeebies to even think about watching it.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Did you catch the part of the video where he said one of his dreams was to do a water landing?  YIKES.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 9

16 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Did you catch the part of the video where he said one of his dreams was to do a water landing?  YIKES.

Well, he kind of fulfilled that dream. /morbid humor

I think you have to perfect the land landings before considering a water landing. Plus have access to the type of aircraft made to land on water! Water landings could be a useful skill for some of the fundies wanting to be "missionary aviators" or whatever. But it's a rare thing to do unless you're in a situation where it's necessary. I can see why he'd want to do such a thing, it does sound cool. But he didn't seem like an experienced enough pilot to even consider that!

His ex, however... she sounds like a pretty interesting awesome person.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

That was a very interesting sequence of expressions. I'd love to hear what a body language expert would say about that!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Maybe a body language expert will be part of the documentary that I hear is in the works...

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

The documentary should get a renewed contract for another season just based on how much there is to cover with gwen and Joe’s deaths!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

His eyes are so dead. It’s like he’s not focused or zoning out. But if Gwen was my wife, I wouldn’t listen to her ass either. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, ElleHouston said:

His eyes are so dead. It’s like he’s not focused or zoning out. But if Gwen was my wife, I wouldn’t listen to her ass either. 

7 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

I’m rolling my eyes, too. “Taking out the legalism”??!! Does she even know what that word means?

Edited by Nonbeliever
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

I’m rolling my eyes, too. “Taking out the legalism”??!! Does she even know what that word means?

How is it they say? “I don’t believe that word means what you think it means.”

• I Agree 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

That was a very interesting sequence of expressions. I'd love to hear what a body language expert would say about that!

I know I'm quoting myself but it's too late to edit my previous post. 

Play that section starting at 7:40 at 0.25 speed. Here are some stills.

image.png.c69dfd83e4dc38dc4a815b08bcee4d45.png image.png.f5f903bea820f331f06b357403ab2f9a.pngimage.png.8ba845d07dabb1a6f0eb9211262d1402.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 28
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Well, he kind of fulfilled that dream. /morbid humor

I think you have to perfect the land landings before considering a water landing. Plus have access to the type of aircraft made to land on water! Water landings could be a useful skill for some of the fundies wanting to be "missionary aviators" or whatever. But it's a rare thing to do unless you're in a situation where it's necessary. I can see why he'd want to do such a thing, it does sound cool. But he didn't seem like an experienced enough pilot to even consider that!

His ex, however... she sounds like a pretty interesting awesome person.

Joe's ex and David Shamblin no doubt have something to say about reaping and sowing...

• Upvote 5

that eye roll was a moment of "non-acting" I think! Also I was just checking youtube and noticed that they were doing these "life with Gwen and Joe" consistently and then abruptly stopped making them about 7 months ago. Wonder what was going on that stopped all that nonsense?

Also find it ironic that the subtitle is "the preacher and the pilot"

That's also when the remnant channel as well as Gwen's went quiet on twitter and Instagram and YouTube. I suppose it could be due to covid, but it's really odd that nothing was posted.

Edited by TDHuggies
added comment
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

That video was haunting for so many reasons:

1.) What is Joe all about? They mentioned Gwen, God and flying... not a single mention of his daughter or being a dad.  Not as important as Gwen or planes I guess.  My heart breaks for his daughter who will watch that video some day.

2.) Gwen said Joe was safe when he flies.

3.) Gwen said they are always asking if God is happy with them (Remnant). Think anyone in the cult would take the crash as the ultimate sign he isn't all that happy with them?

4.) Joe's face lit up when talking about his Glory Days as Tarzan.  He soooooo loved the fame. His never had the same enthusiasm when talking about Gwen. 

Here’s another video that will break his daughter’s heart. A video tribute to Joe’s life as Gwen’s boy toy of adventure posted to his Instagram page (controlled by Remnant as always). The daughter is in one clip — maybe. The back of her head possibly appears once. An aquarium stingray has more camera time. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQi35Uwh-AV/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 hours ago, TDHuggies said:

Also I was just checking youtube and noticed that they were doing these "life with Gwen and Joe" consistently and then abruptly stopped making them about 7 months ago. Wonder what was going on that stopped all that nonsense?

A few weeks or months ago before a service, one of the Remnant shepherds asked everyone to pray for God’s leading for the future of “Life with Gwen and Joe.”

Prayer fulfilled.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

A few weeks or months ago before a service, one of the Remnant shepherds asked everyone to pray for God’s leading for the future of “Life with Gwen and Joe.”

Prayer fulfilled.

Wow! Yep…be careful what you pray for, right?!  
If I hadn’t left the church when I did I certainly would not have had the stomach to deal with the Gwen and Joe stuff. I realize the people there are devout and duped but they sure had to do a lot of thought contortions to make it “ok” for Gwen to divorce and remarry like that…and now explain away the plane crash as a positive. Ugh. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 6

This photo was posted publicly on Facebook and shared around Remnant circles shortly after the crash. After a church sports team — maybe hockey? — won a game, members claimed to have seen this “7”in the sky.  They believe it’s a sign from God about #theseveninheaven. And now there are all manner of other questionable “7” sightings being shared.

7 is the new cardinal.

0A87CEA4-BD55-404A-8B52-ACE56583631B.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 19

56 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

And now there are all manner of other questionable “7” sightings being shared.

Counting down 3, 2, 1 until a "7" appears on toast.

• Haha 23
  • Love 4

57 minutes ago, Howl said:

And, RF being RF, someone would have made it and not planned to actually eat it, so preserving it for posterity is a given.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I once shat a 7 shaped poo. Does that count?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 1

Is that because seven people died? 

Our brains see patterns even when none are really there. FB_IMG_1625631963972.jpg.83f0c982ed3cd6a9e9b9be27d67335da.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is that because seven people died? 

Yes. To them, “7” signifies those who perished in the crash or “the seven in heaven” (their rhyme, not mine): the Walters, Brandon Hannah, the Martins, Joe and, most of all, Gwen. When they now see a 7, or think they do, it’s interpreted as some kind of sign of God’s favor.

It makes me thirsty for a 7&7.

• Haha 9
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Yes. To them, “7” signifies those who perished in the crash or “the seven in heaven” (their rhyme, not mine): the Walters, Brandon Hannah, the Martins, Joe and, most of all, Gwen. When they now see a 7, or think they do, it’s interpreted as some kind of sign of God’s favor.

Are they also connecting it with 7 being God's perfect number?  I hear that a lot in bible study groups.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Seven was significant even before the crash because it was a “holy” number or something like that. I don’t remember the reasoning but a lot of people’s signs involved the number seven. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

The e-book I just started has little sevens separating the sections of the story in the middle of the chapters.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic