IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Are they also connecting it with 7 being God's perfect number?  I hear that a lot in bible study groups.

Yes, that too. It’s supposed to mean maybe completion or perfection? So God taking seven of the most righteous among them to usher in the next generation of leadership was somehow favorable?

After all, they point out that seven people started Remnant. Gwen, her kids and three Martins.

Well, that’s what they say now. They used to say it was eight — comparing it to the number on Noah’s Ark — that stepped out on faith to start the church and counted David Shamblin in that number. But he abandoned ship before it even set sail.

Oh my word. This post just started PAGE SEVEN!!!!!! It’s a sign!!!!!  

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 25
  • Love 3

On 7/6/2021 at 12:05 AM, SayonaraLara said:

Supposing Gryder’s sources are correct ... what was Joe really doing for the rest of the week while apparently lying to Gwen re his whereabouts?

The wild thing!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

Yes, that too. It’s supposed to mean maybe completion or perfection? So God taking seven of the most righteous among them to usher in the next generation of leadership was somehow favorable?

After all, they point out that seven people started Remnant. Gwen, her kids and three Martins.

Well, that’s what they say now. They used to say it was eight — comparing it to the number on Noah’s Ark — that stepped out on faith to start the church and counted David Shamblin in that number. But he abandoned ship before it even set sail.

Oh my word. This post just started PAGE SEVEN!!!!!! It’s a sign!!!!!  

The way they change the story is mind boggling to me. They seem to do this with nearly everything. And everyone just nods and accepts the new version as if the reality of the past (or present) is simply erased. The cognitive dissonance is unbearable for me. But I watch my family accepting the “new truth” each and every time… I keep hoping that maybe THIS time they will feel the disconnect of the facts verses the story. But so far they haven’t at least not outwardly!

Edited by RFfamANON
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Guys, today's date is the seventh of the seventh month. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Guys, today's date is the seventh of the seventh month. 

Something something 7th Seal! 

THE SEVENTH SIGN movie.  1.5 star review on Rotten Tomatoes: "Oh man this was terrible. God sure goes through a lot of trouble to end the world for demi moore to just painlessly give her life to her baby to save mankind. For no reason the 'Guf' becomes magically full again, and that's that. It started with potential and by the end it felt like the filmmakers had to end it and make it a happy ending when it really shouldn't have." 

Ingmar Bergman's The 7th Seal might be a better bet. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

How about Seven Brides for the Seven Brothers? Or just plain Seven?

images.jpeg.791299b7f3d618182e66561a9b670681.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Look at the ad I got in this thread just now. It's a seven, right? Screenshot_20210707-203508__01.thumb.jpg.00709da299fe8e1b7310fde7d8dbed70.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25

7th day of the 7th month on the 7th page in this thread and I am sure it is 7:00 somewhere in the world!!!!??‍♀️??‍♀️??

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

On 7/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, thoughtful said:

And, RF being RF, someone would have made it and not planned to actually eat it, so preserving it for posterity is a given.

The 7 would be the way of escape ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I guess the Sacred Seven in Heaven are leading RF from the after life.  The "Meet Our Leaders" page still has all of them featured.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

The devos from death are back on the confused nutritionist phase that was detailed in thread 6, and others. You know the drill.  Everything consists of chemicals  so Gwen couldn't understand how some food could be healthier than other food. Food pyramids and plate based recommendations were very confusing to her (shapes - who can comprehend them!)  and she couldn't understand how junk food could be bad for you if experts from different areas,  food cultures and stages of research  had several different models that all agreed that junk food was bad for you. And apparently she failed to understand that pretty much everything you eat is cells.

Go on,  all cultists, I dare you to try it and avoid eating cells for a while. Your prophet says you can still have cells if you  stop. So, you can eliminate cells from your diet if you eat no fish, no meat, no seafood, no grains, no veggies or fruit, nothing plant based, no eggs, no mushrooms, no single cell organisms, no yeast, no bacteria... . 

Screenshot_20210708-193703__01.thumb.jpg.3023df6ce6c7f5c3dba71fd9d29877af.jpg

The ultimate thinspirational: If you eat light and brick dust  you can still have cells.

This is next level dumbhattery and they post this every year. 

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

So did they explain why the crash victims got church memorial services? I thought they didn’t believe in that. 

• Upvote 4

More filings, courtesy of the Williamson County Online Court Records System. I know nothing about probate, and my juris doctorate is from Google U. So, correct me if I’m wrong.

Estate of Gwen Shamblin Lara: Elizabeth and Michael Shamblin are both listed as petitioners. Under Michael’s name, it says Petition for Testate Executor. Testate means the deceased (Gwen) apparently had a will.

Estate of William Joseph Lara: Joe’s mother, Diane Lara, is listed as petitioner, and it says Petition for Testate Executor, so he apparently had a will. It’s worth mentioning Diane was baptized as a member of Remnant a while back.

Estate of Brandon Michael Hannah: Elizabeth is petitioner, and it also says Petition for Testate Executor, so Brandon apparently had a will, as well.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 16

3 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I freely admit I'm not very trend savvy. Did this haircut have a comeback and I missed it somehow?

image.png.87f96e1f3789c99d41ecad42f81f5240.png   image.png.5c5054d6c3eef0e552aa1d682ab8e438.png

I think it never went away, just in hiding. My 30-something boss wears his hair like that (these kids today).

I've heard it called the fashy cut - fashy short for fascist as in how the 1930s fascist/German men wore their hair.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I've heard it called the fashy cut - fashy short for fascist as in how the 1930s fascist/German men wore their hair.

They gelled up the front? I always thought it was more buzzcuts, but I'm probably confusing it with 80s/90s era skinheads. 

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The ultimate thinspirational: If you eat light and brick dust  you can still have cells.

This is next level dumbhattery and they post this every year.

They have no message past "don't eat" really, and certainly no understanding of basic biochemistry. I really hope this cult falls apart.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

Thanks to SayonaraLara for the info from the Williamson County Online Court Records System. It's very interesting to follow what's happening with the Remnant Fellowship cult leaders' estates. Could you share the link for that court records system? I'm not a gifted Googler and can't find it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Thanks to SayonaraLara for the info from the Williamson County Online Court Records System. It's very interesting to follow what's happening with the Remnant Fellowship cult leaders' estates. Could you share the link for that court records system? I'm not a gifted Googler and can't find it. 

Sure!

http://williamson.tncrtinfo.com

Select “Clerk and Master” for these civil suits.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

20 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

Searching Remnant names occasionall turns up interesting info. Like the Gormsens are witnesses in a criminal case regarding the 2018 death of their son, Jacob. The defendant allegedly sold him heroin.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2020/07/31/woman-stand-murder-trial-drug-death-brentwood-man/5551015002/

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 4

6 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Searching Remnant names occasionall turns up interesting info. Like the Gormsens are witnesses in a criminal case regarding the 2018 death of their son, Jacob. The defendant allegedly sold him heroin.

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a son or daughter.  Since Gwen's testimony was always that everyone in Remnant has perfect offspring, I wonder how much and what kind of support the family got when their son died in such devastating circumstances. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

The jury trial, rescheduled from earlier this year, is now set to begin Sept. 22. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Looks like Jessica Walter's mom is trying to get guardianship of Jessica's 3 kids that were orphaned from the plane crash, but has to fight RF and their money and their lawyers to do.  So now someone setup a gofundme.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/2fqh954u20

This poor mom lost her daughter to Joe's stupidity and carelessness.  Now she has to go up against RF so she can get the kids instead of other (non-family) RF members getting guardianship of the 3 kids.  Only RF would work things and hire lawyers to keep kids away from their own family after a tragedy like this.

Those kids literally have no family inside RF.  Family wants the kids.  But RF wants the kids and is fighting for them in court. 

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 18
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Looks like Jessica Walter's mom is trying to get guardianship of Jessica's 3 kids that were orphaned from the plane crash, but has to fight RF and their money and their lawyers to do.  So now someone setup a gofundme.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/2fqh954u20

This poor mom lost her daughter to Joe's stupidity and carelessness.  Now she has to go up against RF so she can get the kids instead of other (non-family) RF members getting guardianship of the 3 kids.  Only RF would work things and hire lawyers to keep kids away from their own family after a tragedy like this.

Those kids literally have no family inside RF.  Family wants the kids.  But RF wants the kids and is fighting for them in court. 

I feel so bad for that grandmother. She probably didn’t agree with RF while her daughter was alive but kept her mouth shut so they could maintain a relationship. And now her grandkids could be sucked into the cult fully if she doesn’t get custody. It’s not like they don’t know their grandmother. There are pictures of them together so obviously there’s a relationship. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic