IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

Whoever said Elizabeth looks like Mrs. Henley is right. When a person ages, they lose a lot of fat in their face. Of course Mrs. Henley doesn’t have much fat in her face since she’s probably 90. That makes sense. But Elizabeth seems to have a similar amount of fat in her face and she’s 50 years younger. I really do wonder how Elizabeth is coping. I’m honestly thinking she’s just living in denial. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think I found Gwen's sister on Facebook. I won't link here because it is not her fault she is Gwen's sister, but she looks normal (I think I can see a resemblance to Gwen but she looks like a regular person and not a clown like Gwen looked) and appears to have no ties to RF.

ETA: It is definitely her sister's account. She is friends with David. I guess we know whose side she took in the divorce.  

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I think I found Gwen's sister on Facebook. I won't link here because it is not her fault she is Gwen's sister, but she looks normal (I think I can see a resemblance to Gwen but she looks like a regular person and not a clown like Gwen looked) and appears to have no ties to RF.

ETA: It is definitely her sister's account. She is friends with David. I guess we know whose side she took in the divorce.  

Yes! Her sister is 68 and she looks like a regular  68 year old who is aging gracefully. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Imagine if your sister started a cult and married Tarzan.  That would make for interesting family dinners...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Thanks to all for all the info shared, especially the danger of cults to anyone, even the wealthy. 

I’m afraid my mind continues to wander: Was the street on which the Hannahs lived the same street on which George Jones drove his lawn tractor to the liquor store?
I mean, his friends had hidden his car keys. What else was he to do? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

They don't eat -- but they do drink  -- so I suppose the fridge was full of wine. I'm stumped about the microwave though.

This is a question I've long pondered  and is for our former RF-ers. --

RF's main tenet is not eating and we know they extend that to children,  Don't any of them realize that restricting food intake (I mean healthy nutritious food) will stunt the children"s growth and development?

I'm not a dietician. and I know that.

Even though I was not a parent in Remnant, my recollection was that there was an assumption and expectation that God will lead a person (children included) to eat the foods they needed to reach all nutritional needs. As in a person needed fiber, they would desire food filled with fiber...because children totally crave veggies... 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The Hannahs bought the land in 2008 and spent 8 years building that monstrosity.  8 years!!!  I wonder where they lived before 2016 and if it was equally as tacky and awful..  

My cousin (an interior designer) refers to that building style as Chateau Nouveau Riche.  The interior is equally monstrous.  Did anyone else notice this house has no yard even thought it sits on nearly .99 acre.  The bedroom with the blue bed has a distressed mantle piece, but there isn't a fireplace. A desk is in front of the mantle.

This house is a prime candidate for the McMansion Hell blog.

The houses in that neighborhood are on huge rocky hills. It’s very hard to have any real yard despite sitting on a lot that size.  Also, fun fact. All houses in Brentwood have to be on an acre. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

17 minutes ago, RFIntrigued said:

The houses in that neighborhood are on huge rocky hills. It’s very hard to have any real yard despite sitting on a lot that size.  Also, fun fact. All houses in Brentwood have to be on an acre. 

That’s crazy. I’m always amazed when really crappy land is filled with million dollar mansions. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s crazy. I’m always amazed when really crappy land is filled with million dollar mansions. 

Does anyone have a picture of where Joe and his mother lived?  I mean, as long as we're stalking...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Who is Gwen’s sister?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Who is Gwen’s sister?

I do not want to dox her here, but if you read the obit for Gwen's step dad her name is listed there.  Sorry to not be any more helpful than that, but being related to Gwen seems cruel enough without having her name posted publicly.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I doubt Mrs. Henley is still living 

I did some digging and she is, or at least was as of last year.  I found her brother's obituary.   https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/commercialappeal/name/jack-mcneil-obituary?pid=196801288  He sounds like an interesting man.  So many in that family seem to have gone into respected and established careers where they did good in the world... I imagine Gwen's chosen career path made them all shake their heads.  

Anyway, I feel sorry for Gwen's mother.  No parent should have to survive their child.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Does anyone have a picture of where Joe and his mother lived?  I mean, as long as we're stalking...

Yes!

This is address where they were living when Joe filed a previously posted police report against his child’s mother. Correct me if I’m wrong: I believe all three lived together for a time, with the mom in the guest house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6406-Johnson-Chapel-Rd-W-Brentwood-TN-37027/42612354_zpid/

Assuming these photos were of the home when he lived there, Joe still liked playing Tarzan in the bedroom.

After the relationship had seriously soured, the house was sold in 2016 — for well below what was hoped for.

EC69B217-11EE-43C4-BB0C-D42B1682C7E3.jpeg

AA4AA129-857C-42B2-9BDB-7CFB0CBDA0A1.jpeg

E002F54E-9A5B-405B-B985-8B254A41B28C.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

Yes!

This is address where they were living when Joe filed a previously posted police report of against his child’s mother. Correct me if I’m wrong: I believe all three lived together for a time, with the mom in the guest house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6406-Johnson-Chapel-Rd-W-Brentwood-TN-37027/42612354_zpid/

Assuming these photos were of the home when he lived there, Joe liked playing Tarzan in the bedroom.

After the relationship had seriously soured, the house was sold in 2016 — for well below what was hoped for.

I am so confused.  How did an out of work D-list actor afford that?  So the house was sold in 2016. Supposedly he and Gwen started their affaire in 2017 and he married Gwen in 2018. So where did he live from 2016 to 2018?

I thought I have done well for myself in life but damn, there is some serious money in this cult!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just noticed the master bath has a mini fridge and a microwave. How often were those things used? My guess: about twice since 2016.

Were they expecting to have more babies? in a house that size it would be pretty handy for those night time bottle feedings.

• Upvote 2

On 7/17/2021 at 1:51 AM, ManyGoats said:
On 7/16/2021 at 9:32 PM, MamaJunebug said:

My friend’s reaction was that people smart enough to afford those houses wouldn’t be susceptible to a cult. 

I just watched a documentary about cults and the point was made that anyone can be susceptible to a cult. Not that we all are, all the time. Just that given the right set of circumstances people can be drawn in, not realizing it's a cult. Intelligence isn't really preventative. 

For example, I can see how the desire to feel part of a group or the inclination to feel superior to others might be things that attract people to Remnant.

Learning that one of the Branch Davidians who perished was a Harvard-educated attorney helped me to not feel so stupid for falling for some of Gwen’s bullshit at a crossroads in my life. Anyone could be vulnerable under the right set of circumstances.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

Yes!

This is address where they were living when Joe filed a previously posted police report against his child’s mother. Correct me if I’m wrong: I believe all three lived together for a time, with the mom in the guest house.

Assuming these photos were of the home when he lived there, Joe still liked playing Tarzan in the bedroom.

What’s crazy is that he could easily get that 845,000 today. Housing prices have skyrocketed. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I am so confused.  How did an out of work D-list actor afford that?

I’m not sure ... but some theories:

They relocated from California where the price of houses/the cost of living was higher. They could have sold a home there, made a profit and used it to live large in Brentwood ... at least temporarily. Not sure of the extent of Natasha Pavlovich’s acting work; she could have been making some money. They could have been living well beyond their means and living on credit (while the home is large and nice, it doesn’t look like it was all that well-maintained or furnished) and, after all, financial strain is the No. 1 cause for relationship strain.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 11

20 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Gwen’s mom and brother and a rare David sighting from Oct. 2016.

97ED1EA9-9989-4B65-9502-ECB274555087.jpeg

The dresses those girls are wearing are hideous. Are giant I’ll fitting dresses supposed to make them look extra thin?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

Yes!

I guess the photos may be staged but still, this struck me as funny: kuva.png.917154b80d739451582fcad03a2b1338.png

Social distancing at home: Imma sit as far from you as I possibly can.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

On 7/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

That house looks staged for the sale. Notice that the same chairs appear in several rooms, There isn't a rug in the place and the rooms are mostly empty and look as if no one lives there.  The only sign that anyone ever lived there is the walk-in closet.  The oddest thing is with all that conspicuous consumption and ill-gotten wealth on display, several of the doors are distressed while everything else is rocococococo to the max.

almost all luxury homes owned by "Saints" are blandly decorated and empty feel, but yet very expensive. 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:17 AM, cookingbutterchicken said:

Yep - ex did the same thing - cult for 20 years and then realized they could explain all his problems away by blaming me, being the one under authority, and BAM, I was the reason he cheated and hit his kids!  Yep, his problems are all solved being in remnant!! Still treats me like crap when I have to text him, and crams remnant down my kids throat and treats them like crap as remnant parents do when you are the 100% perfect kid so you will be perfect!  He wonders why all my kids don’t want anything To do with him!  SMH!

Yep thats exactly what they do!! and to soooo many families. its terrible.

Edited by finacial ice
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 7/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Dayum! L. Ron Hubbard was right: Religion make$ money! 

her husband did very well with his real a state business, and i believe he was one of the top realtors in the area, from what i was told,  BUT  he did get a very good head start when he got all the saints moving in and buying homes through him. and  All the members used him for buying and selling. Soooo yea, that help his career tremendously of course..... 

22 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Almost.

This was the Hannahs’ previous home.  https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5207-Harpeth-Ridge-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027/42616683_zpid/

And here was Michael Shamblin’s previous home, again across the street!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5208-Harpeth-Ridge-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027/42616665_zpid/

After Michael moved to his current home, this previous home was next owned by Betty Lawrence — also known as Gwen Shamblin’s mother. Maybe someone here knows if she is still living? I’ve been curious about Gwen’s biological family — if they had much contact with Gwen before the crash, and if they’ll be part of Elizabeth’s life after.

8B85CB19-D897-4FAB-9096-A34D372D581D.jpeg

397061CC-BE26-45F1-8B1F-457B4BD95C7A.jpeg

The Stitzes family lives in Elizabeths prior home....

On 7/11/2021 at 10:13 PM, RFapostate said:

I'm sure a lot did change since Jessica's will from 2007. There are people named that have long left RF, for example.

But the Stites are not named.

Why a more current will was not found or has yet to be filed is beyond me.

Of course the church is saying that the stites were named........but they are known to say whatever they want members to believe....

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 7/1/2021 at 8:18 PM, Blue said:

I agree, but somehow the fact that it's the Stites doesn't surprise me at all. I feel like they take in all the young members until they're fully indoctrinated.

yes, most likely they wont be able to see family members that are not in the church.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

This house has a bazillionty times more warmth and character than the horrible McMansion.  That kitchen layout, though, does not look functional for a house of any size. 

• Upvote 2

The term I’ve heard to describe some residences is “house rich and content poor.”  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic