IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, SayonaraLara said:

I tend to think that’s how it looked much of the time. These are photos of daughter Grace’s room from Facebook when she was “rushed” into the Remnant Youth group in 2018. I remember thinking then how old and stiff it looked for a teenage girl’s bedroom. The only life in that room is from the decorations/gifts left by the youth group.

It appears by the big blue bed with stuffed animals in newer photos that maybe this became Charles Grantham’s room.

Which brings me to a question: Why would a realtor with 4 children and nearly 10,000 square feet of house design it to only have 4 bedrooms?  It’s akin to the architect dad in the Brady Bunch having one bathroom for 6 kids! 

C59C6C32-B36B-40C3-BBD0-44F1F120CDE9.jpeg

64DBBD06-FC0B-4242-9F9E-3152327BEB11.jpeg

07A48C61-C092-44A9-9B04-5953DF4ABE4C.jpeg

Anyone else getting a real Miss Haversham vibe from this room?

Edited by FiveAcres
riffle
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I just noticed the master bath has a mini fridge and a microwave. How often were those things used? My guess: about twice since 2016.

2FA573D7-B924-4DC2-B6EC-743A5CD84A25.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

This is the first time I have seen a master bathroom with a microwave and mini-fridge. Is this the latest feature of Macmansions? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am going to say no on that one. Too soon after a plane crash and too tacky for us.

The culture of this thread hasn’t been very reverent at all (as the title of this current thread suggests). However I’m not about stressing people out so I’m not going to clamor that a “way down” thread title must exist. Peace.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

They don't eat -- but they do drink  -- so I suppose the fridge was full of wine. I'm stumped about the microwave though.

This is a question I've long pondered  and is for our former RF-ers. --

RF's main tenet is not eating and we know they extend that to children,  Don't any of them realize that restricting food intake (I mean healthy nutritious food) will stunt the children"s growth and development?

I'm not a dietician. and I know that.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

Still treats me like crap.......

So much for the LOVE they all gush about!

1 hour ago, SayonaraLara said:

I tend to think that’s how it looked much of the time. These are photos of daughter Grace’s room from Facebook when she was “rushed” into the Remnant Youth group in 2018. I remember thinking then how old and stiff it looked for a teenage girl’s bedroom. The only life in that room is from the decorations/gifts left by the youth group.

It appears by the big blue bed with stuffed animals in newer photos that maybe this became Charles Grantham’s room.

Which brings me to a question: Why would a realtor with 4 children and nearly 10,000 square feet of house design it to only have 4 bedrooms?  It’s akin to the architect dad in the Brady Bunch having one bathroom for 6 kids! 

C59C6C32-B36B-40C3-BBD0-44F1F120CDE9.jpeg

64DBBD06-FC0B-4242-9F9E-3152327BEB11.jpeg

07A48C61-C092-44A9-9B04-5953DF4ABE4C.jpeg

Their whole lives look staged.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just noticed the master bath has a mini fridge and a microwave. How often were those things used? My guess: about twice since 2016.

My germ phobia would never accept a frig and a microwave or EATING in a bathroom under any circumstances.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14

3 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

Yep - ex did the same thing - cult for 20 years and then realized they could explain all his problems away by blaming me, being the one under authority, and BAM, I was the reason he cheated and hit his kids!  Yep, his problems are all solved being in remnant!! Still treats me like crap when I have to text him, and crams remnant down my kids throat and treats them like crap as remnant parents do when you are the 100% perfect kid so you will be perfect!  He wonders why all my kids don’t want anything To do with him!  SMH!

So sorry you and your kids have to deal with this crazy place and it’s effect on your ex.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing that room is still Grace’s room. I’m guessing the room with bunk beds is Charles Granthem’s room since little boys like bunk beds. And the room with the twin beds is probably a shared room for girl 2 and 3. The basement rec room has two sets of bunk beds. I assume they are for sleepovers but I suppose they could be used by one of the girls that shared a room. Now that they are likely in Gwen’s house, I doubt anyone has to share a room. 

The basement is for out of town saints ha ha.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

I tend to think that’s how it looked much of the time. These are photos of daughter Grace’s room from Facebook when she was “rushed” into the Remnant Youth group in 2018. I remember thinking then how old and stiff it looked for a teenage girl’s bedroom.

I have a neighbor who decorates like that.  She's an extreme minimalist.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I wonder where they lived before 2016 and if it was equally as tacky and awful..  

Almost.

This was the Hannahs’ previous home.  https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5207-Harpeth-Ridge-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027/42616683_zpid/

And here was Michael Shamblin’s previous home, again across the street!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5208-Harpeth-Ridge-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027/42616665_zpid/

After Michael moved to his current home, this previous home was next owned by Betty Lawrence — also known as Gwen Shamblin’s mother. Maybe someone here knows if she is still living? I’ve been curious about Gwen’s biological family — if they had much contact with Gwen before the crash, and if they’ll be part of Elizabeth’s life after.

8B85CB19-D897-4FAB-9096-A34D372D581D.jpeg

397061CC-BE26-45F1-8B1F-457B4BD95C7A.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am going to say no on that one. Too soon after a plane crash and too tacky for us.

I actually wasn't referring to the plane crash at all - I was referring to the play on "Weigh Down," as in the Weigh Down Workshop. That's why I figured that 18 threads in and I can't believe nobody ever thought of it!

• I Agree 1

I bet my cat’s favourite stuffed penguin that this microwave has only been used for heating up hot towels. The fridge has only contained those Lush-type lotions that expire faster than milk if kept in room temp. That fridge has not seen any more food than the “no food ever” fridge in the lab when I was doing my undergrad studies, the one with the Petri dishes and pcr primers. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

After Michael moved to his current home, his previous home was owned by Betty Lawrence — also known as Gwen Shamblin’s mother. Maybe someone here knows if she is still living? I’ve been curious about Gwen’s biological family — if they had much contact with Gwen before the crash, and if they’ll be part of Elizabeth’s life after.

Oh I’d so like to know what the rest of her family thinks! I do know her mom would not become a member and I did have a conversation with Gwen (short) about her mother. My mom became a member after me and she asked me how I got my mom to be involved because she’d hadn’t really gotten her mom on board.  But that was 8 years ago so not sure what happened after.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I actually wasn't referring to the plane crash at all - I was referring to the play on "Weigh Down," as in the Weigh Down Workshop. That's why I figured that 18 threads in and I can't believe nobody ever thought of it!

Gotcha! But I immediately thought of the crash too- place dropping way down!

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

This is the first time I have seen a master bathroom with a microwave and mini-fridge. Is this the latest feature of Macmansions? 

I wonder if these features are for beauty treatments?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Gotcha! But I immediately thought of the crash too- place dropping way down!

Oh I get it, and NOW it would be too tacky, but I can't believe we never thought of it before. Kudos to the HBO Max person who thought of it! 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh I get it, and NOW it would be too tacky, but I can't believe we never thought of it before. Kudos to the HBO Max person who thought of it! 

We will have to use it in reference to the doc in the future!

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

Almost.

This was the Hannahs’ previous home.  https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5207-Harpeth-Ridge-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027/42616683_zpid/

And here was Michael Shamblin’s previous home, again across the street!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5208-Harpeth-Ridge-Dr-Brentwood-TN-37027/42616665_zpid/

After Michael moved to his current home, his previous home was owned by Betty Lawrence — also known as Gwen Shamblin’s mother. Maybe someone here knows if she is still living? I’ve been curious about Gwen’s biological family — if they had much contact with Gwen before the crash, and if they’ll be part of Elizabeth’s life after.

8B85CB19-D897-4FAB-9096-A34D372D581D.jpeg

397061CC-BE26-45F1-8B1F-457B4BD95C7A.jpeg

I wrote a long post about Gwen's family on a previous thread- Gwen's mother, Mrs. Henley, was our realtor when we moved to Memphis in the early 1990's!  I met Gwen who lived in a small (but perfect) house off of the old money golf course.  Mrs. Henley (who was a widow at the time) lived in an old house on the Parkway- a stately home but not in the same category as Ashlawn.

Gwen's father was a well known surgeon and I believe her brother was also a surgeon.  I think their family had 4 children but I only met Gwen.  Elizabeth looks a lot like Mrs. Henley- red hair that Betty (I never called her by her first name) teased into a sophisticated chignon.  She was very Southern and the perfect doctors' wife (she remarried another surgeon later)- she wore pearls, suits, etc.  It took us a year and a half to find a house and during that time I never saw her wear pants.  Mrs. Henley would not have approved of Gwen's "look".  I do remember getting the impression that Gwen was too good for her husband who was a successful stock broker at the time.  

I think I had the original Weigh Down Workshop materials- in a binder with cassette tapes in the back- this was right as Gwen was becoming well known.  I am still a "thin eater" but I don't lick potato chips ha ha.

10 minutes ago, TDHuggies said:

Oh I’d so like to know what the rest of her family thinks! I do know her mom would not become a member and I did have a conversation with Gwen (short) about her mother. My mom became a member after me and she asked me how I got my mom to be involved because she’d hadn’t really gotten her mom on board.  But that was 8 years ago so not sure what happened after.

Mrs. Henley was a pillar of her church- an established Church of Christ.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

3 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Mrs. Henley would not have approved of Gwen's "look". 

I swear someone on one of the many threads said Gwen’s mother described Gwen’s hair as “artistic.” I feel like that’s a sweet southern mama’s way of saying she disapproves. 

???

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I wrote a long post about Gwen's family on a previous thread- Gwen's mother, Mrs. Henley, was our realtor when we moved to Memphis in the early 1990's!  I met Gwen who lived in a small (but perfect) house off of the old money golf course.  Mrs. Henley (who was a widow at the time) lived in an old house on the Parkway- a stately home but not in the same category as Ashlawn.

Gwen's father was a well known surgeon and I believe her brother was also a surgeon.  I think their family had 4 children but I only met Gwen.  Elizabeth looks a lot like Mrs. Henley- red hair that Betty (I never called her by her first name) teased into a sophisticated chignon.  She was very Southern and the perfect doctors' wife (she remarried another surgeon later)- she wore pearls, suits, etc.  It took us a year and a half to find a house and during that time I never saw her wear pants.  Mrs. Henley would not have approved of Gwen's "look".  I do remember getting the impression that Gwen was too good for her husband who was a successful stock broker at the time.  

I think I had the original Weigh Down Workshop materials- in a binder with cassette tapes in the back- this was right as Gwen was becoming well known.  I am still a "thin eater" but I don't lick potato chips ha ha.

Mrs. Henley was a pillar of her church- an established Church of Christ.  

Yes! Thank you! I’d like to know if she’s still living. And if Gwen (and her children) still had a relationship with her siblings!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear someone on one of the many threads said Gwen’s mother described Gwen’s hair as “artistic.”

That sounds awfully close to “bless her heart” and “one-of-a-kind”.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, SayonaraLara said:

Yes! Thank you! I’d like to know if she’s still living. And if Gwen (and her children) still had a relationship with her siblings!

I doubt Mrs. Henley is still living but here is the obituary for her second husband- it lists Betty's children as step children, including Gwen...https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/commercialappeal/name/jesse-lawrence-obituary?pid=129708604

1 minute ago, AuntCloud said:

Mrs. Henley's hair was noticeable for sure- some of the pictures of Gwen with her hair up are similar.  I can't find any pictures online of Mrs. Henley- she was pretty and wore age appropriate clothes.  

I wonder if Elizabeth's husband's career in real estate was influenced by Mrs. Henley.

5 minutes ago, AuntCloud said:

I bet that was my post- I wrote about the hair.

4 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I doubt Mrs. Henley is still living but here is the obituary for her second husband- it lists Betty's children as step children, including Gwen...https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/commercialappeal/name/jesse-lawrence-obituary?pid=129708604

Mrs. Henley's hair was noticeable for sure- some of the pictures of Gwen with her hair up are similar.  I can't find any pictures online of Mrs. Henley- she was pretty and wore age appropriate clothes.  

I wonder if Elizabeth's husband's career in real estate was influenced by Mrs. Henley.

I bet that was my post- I wrote about the hair.

I had no idea Gwen had started a cult until the plane crash and that's when I became obsessed (the wedding video YIKES).

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am not going to lie, having a microwave in the master bath is genius - it would be really helpful during the times I have a pinched nerve in my neck and need to continuously warm up my rice bag wrap.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Just now, SayonaraLara said:

Gwen’s mom and brother and a rare David sighting from Oct. 2016.

97ED1EA9-9989-4B65-9502-ECB274555087.jpeg

Oh my gosh I'm so glad you found this!  Yep, that's Mrs. Henley.  I hope she doesn't read this...

Just now, rabbitholejulie said:

Oh my gosh I'm so glad you found this!  Yep, that's Mrs. Henley.  I hope she doesn't read this...

And she's wearing pants go figure...

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic