IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

Ashlawn was an old plantation, but have significant value to Gwen and her family. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

This just in: Elizabeth and Brandon Hannah’s home for sale. 
https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/7827487

For the home description: This MAJESTIC custom home in the center of Brentwood is truly one of a kind. From the soaring 12 ft ceilings and extreme open floor plan, all the way down to the custom natural stone and iron finishes, not one penny was spared in creating this gorgeous home. The front and rear of this home are lined with French doors that let in incredible natural light and make this home an entertainers dream. Extensive wide plank hardwoods, Viking appliances, Marble showers, stellar views and so much more!!

So much for all that preaching about self denial!

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

19 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

Ashlawn was an old plantation, but have significant value to Gwen and her family. 

And I would think to RF as well. It seems like members felt like royalty if invited there, and events hosted there had a unique vibe. Even if Gwen was the initial attraction ("Wow, GWEN invited me to Ashlawn!") I could see it staying the home base of who's who in RF.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SayonaraLara said:

For the home description: This MAJESTIC custom home in the center of Brentwood is truly one of a kind. From the soaring 12 ft ceilings and extreme open floor plan, all the way down to the custom natural stone and iron finishes, not one penny was spared in creating this gorgeous home. The front and rear of this home are lined with French doors that let in incredible natural light and make this home an entertainers dream. Extensive wide plank hardwoods, Viking appliances, Marble showers, stellar views and so much more!!

So much for all that preaching about self denial!

Maybe it’s easier to deny yourself food when you deny yourself of literally nothing else. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I'd call this style Lifeless French Provincial.  Huge, relatively low flat ceilings in big rooms.  There's just nothing going on. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SayonaraLara said:

Such a big pantry for people who don’t eat.

1DF3BD98-39E0-4BB5-BFA7-BC64C879EBB4.jpeg

Brandon ate. Actually I bet he ate a lot. The way they describe him reminds of some tall and thin men I know. They eat whatever they want and never gain weight. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, AuntCloud said:

If Magnolia Pearl was a house.

NAILED IT!!

That house is ostentatious. I wonder why they didn't photography it before they took out the furniture. Unless all those empty rooms are usually empty. And is it the definition of ironic when they have a table for 10, large kitchen with major appliances a big pantry and leading an anorexic church cult? 

• Upvote 18

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Being an introvert I can understand it somewhat - I do tend to get some "people fatigue" over the course of an event and become less talkative, but "zoned out" is another level entirely. The only time I've actually seen that in person was when a friend's kid had a febrile seizure... she was sitting up fine but just totally non responsive and blank for a few minutes. (She was fine, it was a one time thing, and after getting checked out at the ER she was back to her normal self in a couple hours.)

I've also seen it with trauma.  Dissociation.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I wonder why they didn't photography it before they took out the furniture. Unless all those empty rooms are usually empty.

I’ll bet that was the case! 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I can't believe none of the saints question the level of luxury of the leaders. 

I don't know what you call the design style of Elizabeth's house but it looks stiff, cold, uncomfortable and dated.  Oh and expensive, very expensive.

Atleast in the circle I was in, it was questioned but explained away as God’s blessing and a way to “serve the church”

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Blue said:

And I would think to RF as well. It seems like members felt like royalty if invited there, and events hosted there had a unique vibe. Even if Gwen was the initial attraction ("Wow, GWEN invited me to Ashlawn!") I could see it staying the home base of who's who in RF.

Did Gwod own the plantation home, or did it belong to RF or maybe WDW?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

That house is ostentatious. I wonder why they didn't photography it before they took out the furniture. Unless all those empty rooms are usually empty.

The few glimpses of her home that appeared in Facebook photos had a bare/austere/stark look about them. It seems to be the Gwen/Remnant general home aesthetic: extravagantly empty. Like their doctrine.

9 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I wonder if Michael's house is this fancy...

Pretty much. He lives across the street.

723116CE-AD3F-436E-BB85-AC182D39CC45.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 14

I don’t mind minimalist homes. As long as they aren’t cold and uncomfortable. 

6 minutes ago, rabbitholejulie said:

There must be some very affluent saints if all of this has been paid for by the church...

Her books also sold quite a few copies. She gets money from a lot of different places. 

• Upvote 2

The Hannahs’ home was built on the site where George Jones lived before his home was destroyed by fire.

George Jones was, of course, a real country legend like Joe Lara once aspired to be.

https://www.williamsonhomepage.com/brentwood/news/years-long-construction-on-former-george-jones-home-site-may-be-finished-by-spring/article_003daca3-88a3-566b-8b9a-609a5c371493.html

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

The basement looks like the best part of the house. The basketball, ski-ball, movie screen, and comfortable looking couches. That’s where I would want to spend my time if I lived there. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Do Elizabeth and Michael live in the neighborhood with most of the other Remnant members or is that a different neighborhood?  It looks like Elizabeth and Michael could have hosted a lot of struggling saints...

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I don't know what you call the design style of Elizabeth's house but it looks stiff, cold, uncomfortable and dated. 

That house looks staged for the sale. Notice that the same chairs appear in several rooms, There isn't a rug in the place and the rooms are mostly empty and look as if no one lives there.  The only sign that anyone ever lived there is the walk-in closet.  The oddest thing is with all that conspicuous consumption and ill-gotten wealth on display, several of the doors are distressed while everything else is rocococococo to the max.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

That house looks staged for the sale. Notice that the same chairs appear in several rooms, There isn't a rug in the place and the rooms are mostly empty and look as if no one lives there.  The only sign that anyone ever lived there is the walk-in closet.  The oddest thing is with all that conspicuous consumption and ill-gotten wealth on display, several of the doors are distressed while everything else is rocococococo to the max.

They likely had a gigantic home that they didn’t actually spend a lot of time in. I would not be surprised if they spent most of their waking hours at remnant functions and Gwen’s house. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic