IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 18: The Irony of the Possibly Overweight Plane

nelliebelle1197

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They likely had a gigantic home that they didn’t actually spend a lot of time in. I would not be surprised if they spent most of their waking hours at remnant functions and Gwen’s house. 

Plus all of those vacation homes...

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, SayonaraLara said:

Such a big pantry for people who don’t eat.

1DF3BD98-39E0-4BB5-BFA7-BC64C879EBB4.jpeg

I think Jill Rod antiqued those doors.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 28
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

If Magnolia Pearl was a house.

Absolutely this! That house embodies the word "tacky."

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Regarding Elizabeth's house, look at the previous sale prices and the tax assessments at the bottom of the page. What has caused such a big jump in vale? Or were the prior low prices for the sales due to RF money shenanigans?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Regarding Elizabeth's house, look at the previous sale prices and the tax assessments at the bottom of the page. What has caused such a big jump in vale? Or were the prior low prices for the sales due to RF money shenanigans?

The house was built in 2016 so the price from 2013 is likely for a much smaller home that was torn down to build the mansion that stands today. Or they bought the land only in 2013. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

58 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

This story might help explain:

https://www.williamsonhomepage.com/brentwood/news/years-long-construction-on-former-george-jones-home-site-may-be-finished-by-spring/article_003daca3-88a3-566b-8b9a-609a5c371493.html

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

24 minutes ago, SayonaraLara said:

So the Hannah family - or at least Brandon - had that home built that long ago!!  He would’ve been married to Elizabeth by then, I guess? Was he wealthy before joining the Shamblin family?

PS: When I described RF to a friend who’s moved to Nashville, she almost screeched to find out it was in Brentwood.  I now understand - those homes are enormous.  My friend’s reaction was that people smart enough to afford those houses wouldn’t be susceptible to a cult. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If I had to listen to Gwen, perform like a trained monkey by doing things like crawling around like a dog all while she monitored how much food I ate, I would probably zone out too. Joe did this to himself and he seems to be a total asshole, but I bet life with Gwen was hell. He always looked miserable and I wouldn't be shocked if he had developed unhealthy coping mechanisms. 

I know I am going to regret this. 

I really know I am going to regret this since what is seen cannot be unseen...

But I have heard reference to the video of Joe crawling around like a dog before. Can someone link it here?

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

So the Hannah family - or at least Brandon - had that home built that long ago!!  He would’ve been married to Elizabeth by then, I guess? Was he wealthy before joining the Shamblin family?

PS: When I described RF to a friend who’s moved to Nashville, she almost screeched to find out it was in Brentwood.  I now understand - those homes are enormous.  My friend’s reaction was that people smart enough to afford those houses wouldn’t be susceptible to a cult. 

The Hannahs bought the land and then built a house that was completed in 2016. The site had previously been owned by country singer George Jones, but there was a house fire.

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Thank You 7

8 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

Do Elizabeth and Michael live in the neighborhood with most of the other Remnant members or is that a different neighborhood?  It looks like Elizabeth and Michael could have hosted a lot of struggling saints...

They live in a very nearby neighborhood. All the Remnant saints live in neighborhoods near mine or in my neighborhood. They like to stay very close to the mother ship. 

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I think the original land price was pre-recession and the 2008 purchase price was shortly post recession. A home of that magnitude currently in Brentwood would be listed somewhere around their listing price. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

My friend’s reaction was that people smart enough to afford those houses wouldn’t be susceptible to a cult. 

I just watched a documentary about cults and the point was made that anyone can be susceptible to a cult. Not that we all are, all the time. Just that given the right set of circumstances people can be drawn in, not realizing it's a cult. Intelligence isn't really preventative. 

For example, I can see how the desire to feel part of a group or the inclination to feel superior to others might be things that attract people to Remnant.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

I just watched a documentary about cults and the point was made that anyone can be susceptible to a cult. Not that we all are, all the time. Just that given the right set of circumstances people can be drawn in, not realizing it's a cult. Intelligence isn't really preventative. 

For example, I can see how the desire to feel part of a group or the inclination to feel superior to others might be things that attract people to Remnant.

Yes!! We have a relative that knows the Word and was pretty anti-remnant for a long time...

... But then he got really, really hard times... And RF offered to solve all of his problems, if only he'd move out there... And accept the theology... ?

Under the right conditions even the smartest are suseptible...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I know I am going to regret this. 

I really know I am going to regret this since what is seen cannot be unseen...

But I have heard reference to the video of Joe crawling around like a dog before. Can someone link it here?

I’m linking to where it was first posted in the thread so you can enjoy reading everyone’s reaction comments, because I skimmed the linked video again and I think it may have been cut somehow? I definitely remember the infamous sequences where she plays toreador with a red sweater as he crawls around the kitchen floor as the “bull”, and also one where he chases her up some stairs. The surrounding thread context linked above is convincing me I’m not crazy and I didn’t dream it.

Also, if you’ve never checked out the Life with Gwen and Joe show, there’s so so so much more and it’s still on YouTube. There’s even an episode about their planes ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

I think they must have edited it out. It was heavily scripted so somebody at some point planned that whole weird act out. I guess they were trying to convince people that Joe found Gwen sexy and that was all they could come up with? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I have to agree with this assessment. Currently I probably wouldn’t be too susceptible to a cult. But there were times in my past where I was very fragile and I could see myself being more susceptible to a cult at that time. 

• Upvote 9

On 7/15/2021 at 7:50 AM, TDHuggies said:

YES maybe the next thread we can title it "the Way Down"!! Hahaha 

And yeah I was worried that the documentary would be derailed as well. I don't have any family in RF anymore. It was just me and my mom and daughter and we all left at the same time. But I still have dear friends that are just the sweetest people that I'd love to see the light so to speak. 

Also these chain of events have made me almost a believer in God again...or karma...or something! lol 

I am going to say no on that one. Too soon after a plane crash and too tacky for us.

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Random aside/Brentwood property insanity anecdote:

In the early 70's, my parents' best friends from high school bought 13 acres in what is now Brentwood for a pittance and built their own really nice house on it. (This was one of the main reasons we moved to Nashville, to be closer to them).  I remember going to their house when I was little - it was literally bumpy dirt roads and wooden bridges over creeks.  COMPLETELY rural.  In the late 90's and early 2000's, they did an addition and lots of renovations to the house and the property.

Fast forward to about 6 years ago.  They sold.  With what they made on the sale, they were able to buy a nice house in the mountains of NC, an Airstream trailer and a truck to pull it, and basically be set financially for the rest of their lives (they are late 70's/early 80's).

Yeah.  Brentwood real estate is crazy high.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

This just in: Elizabeth and Brandon Hannah’s home for sale. 
https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/7827487

That place is hideous. No character or warmth. 

19 hours ago, rabbitholejulie said:

I can't believe none of the saints question the level of luxury of the leaders. 

I don't know what you call the design style of Elizabeth's house but it looks stiff, cold, uncomfortable and dated.  Oh and expensive, very expensive.

I actually think it looks poorly constructed and cheap! The architect and builder should be ashamed for wasting all those resources.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

This just in: Elizabeth and Brandon Hannah’s home for sale. 
https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/7827487

I presume Brandon Hannah Properties has the listing.  I think Elizabeth said the business would continue to operate.  Interesting to see Brandon still shown on the website.

• Thank You 4

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Yes!! We have a relative that knows the Word and was pretty anti-remnant for a long time...

... But then he got really, really hard times... And RF offered to solve all of his problems, if only he'd move out there... And accept the theology... ?

Under the right conditions even the smartest are suseptible...

Yep - ex did the same thing - cult for 20 years and then realized they could explain all his problems away by blaming me, being the one under authority, and BAM, I was the reason he cheated and hit his kids!  Yep, his problems are all solved being in remnant!! Still treats me like crap when I have to text him, and crams remnant down my kids throat and treats them like crap as remnant parents do when you are the 100% perfect kid so you will be perfect!  He wonders why all my kids don’t want anything To do with him!  SMH!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

16 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

That house looks staged for the sale. Notice that the same chairs appear in several rooms, There isn't a rug in the place and the rooms are mostly empty and look as if no one lives there

I tend to think that’s how it looked much of the time. These are photos of daughter Grace’s room from Facebook when she was “rushed” into the Remnant Youth group in 2018. I remember thinking then how old and stiff it looked for a teenage girl’s bedroom. The only life in that room is from the decorations/gifts left by the youth group.

It appears by the big blue bed with stuffed animals in newer photos that maybe this became Charles Grantham’s room.

Which brings me to a question: Why would a realtor with 4 children and nearly 10,000 square feet of house design it to only have 4 bedrooms?  It’s akin to the architect dad in the Brady Bunch having one bathroom for 6 kids! 

C59C6C32-B36B-40C3-BBD0-44F1F120CDE9.jpeg

64DBBD06-FC0B-4242-9F9E-3152327BEB11.jpeg

07A48C61-C092-44A9-9B04-5953DF4ABE4C.jpeg

Edited by SayonaraLara
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Where's the color? Where is the teenage poster of her idols (I just bust out laughing thinking about Gracie having a giant poster of her grandma in her room). There are no stuffed animals, no makeup, nothing that a regular teenage girl enjoys. This house is hideous!! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

I’m guessing that room is still Grace’s room. I’m guessing the room with bunk beds is Charles Granthem’s room since little boys like bunk beds. And the room with the twin beds is probably a shared room for girl 2 and 3. The basement rec room has two sets of bunk beds. I assume they are for sleepovers but I suppose they could be used by one of the girls that shared a room. Now that they are likely in Gwen’s house, I doubt anyone has to share a room. 

• Upvote 2

The Hannahs bought the land in 2008 and spent 8 years building that monstrosity.  8 years!!!  I wonder where they lived before 2016 and if it was equally as tacky and awful..  

My cousin (an interior designer) refers to that building style as Chateau Nouveau Riche.  The interior is equally monstrous.  Did anyone else notice this house has no yard even thought it sits on nearly .99 acre.  The bedroom with the blue bed has a distressed mantle piece, but there isn't a fireplace. A desk is in front of the mantle.

This house is a prime candidate for the McMansion Hell blog.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The Hannahs bought the land in 2008 and spent 8 years building that monstrosity.  8 years!!!  I wonder where they lived before 2016 and if it was equally as tacky and awful..  

My cousin (an interior designer) refers to that building style as Chateau Nouveau Riche.  The interior is equally monstrous.  Did anyone else notice this house has no yard even thought it sits on nearly .99 acre.  The bedroom with the blue bed has a distressed mantle piece, but there isn't a fireplace. A desk is in front of the mantle.

This house is a prime candidate for the McMansion Hell blog.

I feel like I could make that house really cozy and much less over the top “look at how rich I am” but it would take a lot of furniture and paint since it’s so damn big! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic