IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

Working in mental health I’ve seen the absolutely brutal guilt mother’s face for not being perfect or having mental health issues. Adding physical health issues and such rigid religious beliefs just adds to that pain. It saddens me that often times support from the church isn’t given to those struggling. They’re just told to pray more or deal with their sin. Even Lori can’t have enough grace to simply be quiet when faced with something she doesn’t understand. 

I do on call crisis hours for mental health emergencies after my normal working hours so I work with people who are suicidal or struggle with suicidal thoughts a lot. The reasons they have them are so incredibly varied but a lot of times incredibly difficult situational stressors and lack of support are big reasons. I think people assumed that those who attempt or die by suicide simply wanted to. I’ve found that many do want to live and life to get better but their pain becomes unbearable before that can happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

Today Lori complains about her bad back while extoling the virtues of sappy 'Christian' romantic fiction.

What's good about sappy romance novels? It's obvious! The women in the novels spend their non-parenting time in the rosy nostalgic past doing things like "cooking, cleaning, baking, sewing, canning, and gardening" unlike evil feminist women who spend their non-parenting time on careers such as newscasting.

Even Fox news isn't conservative enough for Lori and Ken -- who noticed that a misogynist male host seemed unable to successfully bully a female host out of her work-life choice to return to her job after having a baby. Shocking. I wonder where they will get their news if Fox isn't good enough for them?

Anyhow, back to fantasyland and romance novels -- Lori's primary source of 'historical' information -- Lori loves to be served giant bowlfuls of sugary stories where all the women embrace 'biblical womanhood' and are liberally rewarded in their fictional lives by the biased author who has the power to decide the consequences of their choices and the contents of their minds. No wonder Lori loves it.

There's some drama in their world -- sometimes the women 'think wrong thoughts' but, eventually, they get set straight and everything comes up roses. Yes, this counts as a 'plot' in 'Christian' fiction. Bleh!

Well, here's Lori's parenting tip: since these fictional women do such a perfect job of guiding their teenage daughters into housework and a wedding 'around 18 or so' -- you can do the same! Simply have the teens read the books! Teens these days are so easy, right? One serving of sugary fantasy and they will be all ready for the altar and the kitchen sink.

Good luck with that!

And the proof text? Paul (surprise surprise) advises the people he serves to hold on tightly to their faith in Jesus in spite of a harsh world and in the context of some difficulties within the community. He reminds them that the gospel is what matters and that they have the choice to be both spiritual and loving, even when times are hard. It matters what you focus on. Paul says to focus on Jesus and the gospel -- because it is true, noble, etc. Lori thinks he means to for us to focus on romance novels.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I used to love Romantic Christian fiction. I was all about Amish love stories. But looking back I realize how problematic these stories are. Even the highly popular Redeeming Love book is problematic in my opinion. A guy marries an obviously traumatized woman who was a sex slave to well basically force her to be his sex slave when you boil it down into its basic pieces, all in the name of “God”. 

For all the Amish romances I read surely I should have been married at 18. But here I am at almost 29, unmarried. I don’t even have a damn cat so I can’t be a cat lady spinster. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

I've read quite a few Christian romance novels with both historical and contemporary settings and most of those heroines had jobs. They lived on their own a lot of time too. I doubt she's read anything, and probably doesn't know what she's talking about.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2021 at 7:26 PM, Pammy said:

Shocking. I wonder where they will get their news if Fox isn't good enough for them?

There’s always OANN and Newsmax.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

Alyssa on her IG story today has a meme saying "pray for Afghanistan"   Now I know Alyssa isn't her mother but it is ironic that all the crap Lori espouses is just a Christian-lite version of  what the Taliban is doing to women in that country right now. 

Let's see: Taliban is making all the women cover up, can't go out in public with out being covered head to toe, women can't work, go to school, hold elective office, nor vote.  Women are subservient to men.

Lori's version of biblical womanhood:  Women have to cover us lest they make men stumble, under the headship of husbands/fathers/men, she doesn't believe women should work outside the home, go to college (or any school past 6-8 grade), and believes women having the right to vote if wrong (because they are more easily deceived and vote "wrongly") Women are "submissive" to men,

She always makes it a point to say that submissive isn't subservient, but really it's splitting hairs. She also says submission is "voluntary"  I think it's "voluntary" for Afghan women as well so far as they would be dead if they don't comply.  I would really like to hear Lori's take on this. 

And second thought, no I don't.  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

Today Lori reminisces about her body as a 15 year old and the sexy swimsuit she used to wear to the beach with a boy she wasn't even dating at the time.

A few weeks ago while she was reminiscing about that swimsuit, it suddenly dawned on her that her exposed skin had actually been (nearly) irresistible to men back then. That's why the boy went from zero to trying to take her clothes off on the first date, the minute after she turned 16.

It's not every day I feel sorry for Lori, but, basically she was aggressively pursued and groped at a very young age -- and she blames herself because she wore a swimsuit while she was going swimming.

Surely her hatred for women is deeply self-directed as thoroughly as it is spewed out towards others.

She views women's bodies as commodities, saying we shouldn't be 'advertising' things we won't 'give'. This is the definition of objectification of women, but she blames everything on men's 'visual nature'.

Now, let's ask some questions about that 'visual nature' -- assuming it means that seeing someone sexy tends to sexually arouse men, I can sort of agree. What I don't agree with is that men are more visually aroused than women are (I think it happens to everyone) nor are they aroused more by their visual sense than by their other senses (hearing, taste, touch...) Therefore it's a terrible description. It's a stand-in phrase for the actual assertion that men become sexually aroused, possibly too often, sometimes at the slightest provocation.

But what about supposedly 'advertising something you have no intention of giving'? How is simply existing while wearing short, tight clothing 'advertising' anything? If men are confused about a woman possibly offering to have sex with him, why doesn't he just ask her for clarification instead of reading imaginary promises into a few inches of exposed skin? And how would such 'advertising' even work? A woman and her clothing can be seen wherever she goes -- is she 'advertising' sexual experiences to all viewers? Who on earth is reading clothing that way?

Lori obviously needs to mention sex trade workers here -- since in that case, sex actually is being commodified as a service and traded for money. It's a classic example of Lori's transactional view of sex. She is so stunted in her understanding of human sexual relationships. I wonder if it traces back to some of these teenage events that she is describing. (Many teens immaturely do get a sense of power from being sexy but unattainable to their dating partners. Maybe that idea can make an unhealthy foundation like this one?)

Lori is sure that this doesn't support rape culture, but rape culture is built on the objectification of women and the commodification of sex. Lori is fully complicit. She even says that women and girls who dress in sexy ways 'deserve' to have men 'come on' to them and should expect them to 'try to make out' in ways that require 'constantly' pushing them away from your body.

Of course it's the men that Lori feels sorry for. "It's hard on men when you dress like this."

Lori's solution? Stealing words (not even whole proof texts) from the Bible, she suggests dressing with 'modesty' (which she thinks means wearing nothing tight or short, and definitely no swimsuits) -- and 'shamefaced' (which she claims -- without any linguistic basis -- means 'not wanting to draw attention to ourselves').

Shamefaced is, in fact, an archaic translation of either 'respectable' or 'with self-control'. Both are Christian virtues that are applicable to any gender of person, that could influence the way we dress. These virtues are contrasted specifically with Biblical examples of immodesty: braided hair (showy upper-class style), gold (money), pearls (money), and costly clothing (money). Sure, being showy about money is a way to 'draw attention to ourselves' but in the Bible, modesty is about money. 

It's Lori who is all about sex.

Like we didn't know that.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

This Lori board is quiet (which is a good thing), because I think Lori is irrelevant. All she does is rehash the same  old, same old, same old.

I am concerned about Alyssa, however.  She has been very quiet on social media and I know she was upset with the adoption falling thru, giving up her "re-lactation" journey (raise your hand if you hate the word "journey") and she posted about the death of that social media influencer.

ON the speculation bus, but Lori has been posting nastily about young women and depression lately. I wonder if Alyssa is suffering (her last IG video a few weeks back looked like she was barely holding it together IMHO).  I don't think we can always read "shade" into Lori's post and assume she is talking about someone close to her.  But I wonder?   Last year Alyssa and family joined Lori and Ken in Door County and posted all kinds of pics.  I wonder if they even went this year?

Something seems off IMHO. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

This Lori board is quiet (which is a good thing), because I think Lori is irrelevant. All she does is rehash the same  old, same old, same old.

I am concerned about Alyssa, however.  She has been very quiet on social media and I know she was upset with the adoption falling thru, giving up her "re-lactation" journey (raise your hand if you hate the word "journey") and she posted about the death of that social media influencer.

ON the speculation bus, but Lori has been posting nastily about young women and depression lately. I wonder if Alyssa is suffering (her last IG video a few weeks back looked like she was barely holding it together IMHO).  I don't think we can always read "shade" into Lori's post and assume she is talking about someone close to her.  But I wonder?   Last year Alyssa and family joined Lori and Ken in Door County and posted all kinds of pics.  I wonder if they even went this year?

Something seems off IMHO. 

I agree. Alyssa usually posts to IG at least once a day and she has been very quiet lately. Today’s IG story is photos of the vehicle they are trying to sell - a 2004 4x4 van that they have priced at $34,500.  Selling a vehicle does not necessarily mean there is a problem; I know, but as you said - something seems off. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

a 2004 4x4 van that they have priced at $34,500.  Selling a vehicle does not necessarily mean there is a problem; I know, but as you said - something seems off. 

I saw that...and I think it was a vehicle they just bought earlier this year.  I remember her posting on her IG story about this new "bus" they bought and the adventures they were going to use it one (I think they showed car seats and it was in anticipation of having a new baby. ) I also seem to recall pictures of it with their niece. 

I agree...selling a vehicle isn't necessarily anything special, but the fact in the listing she wrote "we are sad to part with it."  And then later she posted a few other things about worries/stress/things happening in society/etc.  

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, usmcmom said:

2004 4x4 van that they have priced at $34,500

I'm not an expert on used car prices, but that seems high for a vehicle that is 17 years old.  It must have low mileage and have all the upgraded packages, be in great shape, etc.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

I'm not an expert on used car prices, but that seems high for a vehicle that is 17 years old.  It must have low mileage and have all the upgraded packages, be in great shape, etc.  

If you look at the listing, it has been upgraded and has lots of bells and whistles....it has 80,000 miles. Not sure if that is considered "low" on this kind of vehicle.   It is a Ford...also not sure of the resale value of those 

19 hours ago, usmcmom said:

oday’s IG story is photos of the vehicle they are trying to sell - a 2004 4x4 van that they have priced at $34,500.  

have they lost their damn minds? It MAY have been that price when it was new (depending on options, it may be closer to 40k. It is 17 years old, and although it's really low mileage, roughly 4700 miles a year, I think they're smoking crack. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

If you look at the listing, it has been upgraded and has lots of bells and whistles....it has 80,000 miles. Not sure if that is considered "low" on this kind of vehicle.   It is a Ford...also not sure of the resale value of those 

12,000 miles a year is considered average for a vehicle, so that is definitely low mileage for its age. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Did anyone see today's post, which was  bit different than the usual Lori material?

An elderly couple Lori knows rented a room in their home to a heroin addict, who moved out very suddenly. While the elderly woman was cleaning the place, she fell down a flight of stairs. When she regained consciousness, she had to call an ambulance herself because her husband was sleeping. She had bruises from her fall but was otherwise uninjured.

Lori refers to this as a "funny story."

Later, the elderly woman dared to interrupt when her husband was talking. He immediately "scolded" her, saying she should let him finish. She obeyed and shut up. Lori thought this was just great! The old lady got told off by her husband! And she didn't even mind! Whatta woman.

I see it a bit differently. Imagine being 90 years old, with a husband of 92. You married at 20, so you've had 70 years of this dope and his "scoldings."  This husband of hers didn't sound like much of a prize to begin with. He was sleeping while she was upstairs cleaning the dirty apartment. Sleeping so soundly he didn't hear his phone ring when she need help. I know Lori judges men by whether they are "good providers," and this fellow doesn't sound like a winner here, either, if they were renting rooms in their home at the age of 90.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 7

On 8/24/2021 at 9:57 AM, SongRed7 said:

The used car market is insane right now, because of the chip shortage. I briefly considered selling my car and getting the car I want, because it's worth more than I owe on it. But the car that I want to buy is not actually available. Maybe they sold it because they wanted something newer or safer and thought it was a good time. 

• Upvote 3

If anyone needs further proof of LazyLori’s brokenness as a human being, they simply need to read the story where she describes a 90 year old’s fall down the stairs as funny. There’s something very off in her. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Did anyone see today's post, which was  bit different than the usual Lori material?

Was this on FB?   Horrible....somehow whenever she says she has a "funny story" it's horrifying (sabotaging your birth control to trick your husband, ring a bell?)

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Was this on FB?   Horrible....somehow whenever she says she has a "funny story" it's horrifying (sabotaging your birth control to trick your husband, ring a bell?)

Yes, and one of her fond family Christmas memories is the time she got angry at the children, chased them around trying to hit them with her slipper, then locked them out of the house.

I'm not qualified to diagnose anyone of anything, but Lori looks an awful lot like a psychopath to me.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

25 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yes, and one of her fond family Christmas memories is the time she got angry at the children, chased them around trying to hit them with her slipper, then locked them out of the house.

that's right! I forgot about that one, too.   Even if I were one of her followers and believed in "theory" in even half of the stuff she espouses, I wouldn't like her.  She is just a mean, nasty person.  If you were having a bad day, instead of lending an ear and a shoulder to cry on, I'm sure she would mock you  for not being joyful. she has shamed the dead (Rachel Held Evans, Paige Hilken)  If you went out to dinner with her, I'm sure she'd shame you if you had so much as ONE french fry.   She's belittled her granddaughter when she missed her parents. She threatened her grandson with snakes ("God sent "snakes") when he complained about something, she nagged her husband about the foods he ate straight out the gate, she has criticized neighbor women for working, told stories about how messy a neighbor's house was and the house of someone she adopted a cat from.  SHE TRIED TO KICK HER CAT!!

Maybe we only see the online side, and she's really all sunshine and roses, but I THINK NOT!! When she keeps telling us over and over again who she is, you have to believe her. .

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

that's right! I forgot about that one, too.   Even if I were one of her followers and believed in "theory" in even half of the stuff she espouses, I wouldn't like her.  She is just a mean, nasty person.  If you were having a bad day, instead of lending an ear and a shoulder to cry on, I'm sure she would mock you  for not being joyful. she has shamed the dead (Rachel Held Evans, Paige Hilken)  If you went out to dinner with her, I'm sure she'd shame you if you had so much as ONE french fry.   She's belittled her granddaughter when she missed her parents. She threatened her grandson with snakes ("God sent "snakes") when he complained about something, she nagged her husband about the foods he ate straight out the gate, she has criticized neighbor women for working, told stories about how messy a neighbor's house was and the house of someone she adopted a cat from.  SHE TRIED TO KICK HER CAT!!

Maybe we only see the online side, and she's really all sunshine and roses, but I THINK NOT!! When she keeps telling us over and over again who she is, you have to believe her. .

Well, this is her public face. Most of us present our best face to the public. It means she thinks these things -- kicking a cat, sabotaging her birth control, telling her kids there is no Santa and filming them crying, scaring her grandkids--she thinks these things are OK. Otherwise, she wouldn't post them on the internet, along with her real name.

I can't imagine what she does in private. 

I think her kids are crazy for allowing unsupervised access to Sadist Grandma Lori. But I can also understand. These behavior are normalized in their family. They were raised to think they are OK. I tolerated a lot of bad stuff from my own family because cruelty was normalized. I didn't know it was wrong or that I could set a boundary. For whatever reason, though, I was able to set boundaries to protect my kids. Lots of people draw the line there, but Lori's kids haven't. 

Despite Ken being the "leader," he has enabled and allowed Lori to do these things. If my husband was mocking our grandkids (I don't have any, I'm just supposing), I'd say, "Don't do that, you are scaring her, she's just missing her mom." Ken doesn't do that, so far as we know. He tries to keep the peace. He is an enabler.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

18 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Despite Ken being the "leader," he has enabled and allowed Lori to do these things. If my husband was mocking our grandkids (I don't have any, I'm just supposing), I'd say, "Don't do that, you are scaring her, she's just missing her mom." Ken doesn't do that, so far as we know. He tries to keep the peace. He is an enabler.

I think you are absolutely right..  I think they all enable her or just explain it away as her 'strong personality."  Many times Ken has referred to her as "feisty" "opinionated" "strong-willed" wife in an almost comical tone as it if were a funny thing they are all just used to.  Both Ken and Lori admit how she was on him about his diet from the early days of his marriage. Many times in recent years after she got "transformed" she posted things about how a Godly woman shouldn't nag her husband about his diet etc.  But even now -- every now and then Lori and ken "brag" about the big salad she makes him five days a week.   She didn't stop nagging him at all!  Ken capitulated!

I'm speculate that  a common dialogue amongst the Alexander kids growing up was "don't do something to make mom mad."

Didn't she also admit to leading a neighborhood complaint about another neighbor about something she didn't like?  and complaining that she didn't get "the good potatoes" i n her soup?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I really believe Ken is a submissive husband which, I guess, goes along with his being an enabler. I’ve joked about it before but I think it is actually the case in their home. I don’t think they actually verbalized that their marriage would be one where he submits to Lori; but that’s how it’s worked out, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

20 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I really believe Ken is a submissive husband which, I guess, goes along with his being an enabler. I’ve joked about it before but I think it is actually the case in their home. I don’t think they actually verbalized that their marriage would be one where he submits to Lori; but that’s how it’s worked out, in my opinion. 

I agree. I think her "transformation" may have had more to do with Ken giving in and just saying "yes dear" to anything and everything, so she no longer had to be bitchy, than about any actual change on HER part. I still think she made it a biblical issue to guilt Ken into staying with her after the kids were all out of the house, but no matter how much SHE claims to be "transformed" it seems like all her changed beliefs are ones that don't actually apply to her anymore (no birth control, homeschooling, no college for girls, no working outside the home), or that suit her since Ken quit pushing back at her nagging and essentially lets her do what she pleases. 

Basically Lori is the same as always, and has just managed to twist all sorts of Bible verses to justify her being exactly how she wants to be. 

• I Agree 9

So much to unpack here I don't even know where to start. I wonder what Lori would say about this family. (30 yo Dad -- anti-masker-- possibly dying of COVID, 4 little kids, another on the way, mom has no jobs or skills and must start a go fund me to pay her basic bills.   I feel bad for this family....but there is NOTHING wrong with planning for the "what-ifs" (which I also include vaccinations...."what if I get COVID and die and leave my family to fend without me??")

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-mask-freedom-rally-045722778.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic