IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

Now I hope they show the dress she picked originally in the show and how it was altered cause I’m bored and curious of course I won’t watch the show I’ll be waiting with baited breath and hopeful prayers for some one to take one for the team and post screenshots here. Cheers in advance for that whomever takes the challenge. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

So that precious pic with precious miss Renee when she was picking up the dress was a sham she hated the dress? 

Miss Renee is doing them a huge favour since she didnt even bought the original dress in her store. I guess it is good publicity for her to appear on the show but still thats a lot of last minute work. The new dress she picked is from Ms. Renee and she is expected to alter it in one week if it arrives on time.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, llucie said:

Miss Renee is doing them a huge favour since she didnt even bought the original dress in her store. I guess it is good publicity for her to appear on the show but still thats a lot of last minute work. The new dress she picked is from Ms. Renee and she is expected to alter it in one week if it arrives on time.

Oh thank you I stand corrected. I wrongly assumed she bought the dress from miss Renee. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, llucie said:

She altered Josie's to, but Josie didn't buy it from her

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Ohh, I think I misunderstood… I thought she said the new dress she picked is 12 sizes too big, and they were waiting for something else to come in?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Keys said:

Ohh, I think I misunderstood… I thought she said the new dress she picked is 12 sizes too big, and they were waiting for something else to come in?

So it sounds like the whole thing is a mess. She bought a dress in Florida, it came in different than she ordered, she hated it and tried to alter it and the alterations didn't help so she ordered a new dress. The available version is way too big but they are waiting for a smaller version to come in or I guess Miss Renee will alter it? It sounds like a disaster quite honestly. 

But wedding dress disaster stories do happen. My mom's dress ended up the wrong color and didn't match her veil at all (she ended up wearing a hat).

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So it sounds like the whole thing is a mess. She bought a dress in Florida, it came in different than she ordered, she hated it and tried to alter it and the alterations didn't help so she ordered a new dress. The available version is way too big but they are waiting for a smaller version to come in or I guess Miss Renee will alter it? It sounds like a disaster quite honestly. 

But wedding dress disaster stories do happen. My mom's dress ended up the wrong color and didn't match her veil at all (she ended up wearing a hat).

Geez that does sound like a disaster! I’m surprised that the dress didn’t come in the same as what she ordered. I’ve never heard of that happening 😳

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Keys said:

Geez that does sound like a disaster! I’m surprised that the dress didn’t come in the same as what she ordered. I’ve never heard of that happening 😳

I have. It happened to a friend of mine, someone in the shop wrote down the wrong number on the order form. I think it was just a number off, but of course a totally different dress. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Keys said:

The one she tried and liked at Renees was 12 sizes too big but they ordered one in her size that is expected to arrive by thanksgiving and then Miss. Renee will have a week for all necesary alterations. If for some reason it doesnt arrive on time i dont know what she would do. If she really hates the original dress i guess she could always use one of her sisters dress as last resort? she and Josie seem to have similar sizing.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, llucie said:

If she really hates the original dress i guess she could always use one of her sisters dress as last resort? she and Josie seem to have similar sizing.

I bet she'd rather die than wear a "hand me down" wedding dress.

That close to the wire, why not just buy something off the rack from a store? She definitely could travel to a city with a BHLDN or a high end department store or wedding boutique. "Modest" style wedding dresses are in fashion now, I saw a ton while browsing mainstream stores online for five minutes. Then she would have two weeks for alterations from a local seamstress. I don't get her logic.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 2

To be fair i don’t think many brides would be happy with a hand me down gown. 
by hand me down gown in this sense I mean ones that have been highly (d grade celeb) photographed and shown on social media etc. you would get constant comparisons and oh poor thing that’s what she had to have. 
kind of like Anna getting stuck with her sisters cause they couldn’t afford a new one  to her credit she was gracious about it. But I bet it did burn a bit when Jill got all fussed over.  

It would be a hand me down dress without any of the sentimental value that would make having a second hand dress worth it imo. 
Edit to add there is nothing wrong with second hand dresses. But if she were to go second hand she would be best not getting one of her sisters one and maybe just getting one online. 
If I was ever unlucky enough to get married you bet ya arse I would go second hand or even third hand. No way I’m paying all that cash for one dress. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

by hand me down gown in this sense I mean ones that have been highly (d grade celeb) photographed and shown on social media etc. you would get constant comparisons and oh poor thing that’s what she had to have. 

People actually look at wedding gowns on social media? And then remember them? Then recognize them when they see a bride wearing one months or years later? Then make condescending comments on social media?

It must just be women. I don't know a single guy who would do this.

If this actually happens, just choose a gown that was not highly photographed.

I've been to many weddings in my life, and I can't remember a bridal dress. It's more about having fun at the party and celebrating the new union.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

She tried on a dress 12 sizes too big and the store was able to bind it well enough for her to get a decent fit, like and order it after already having 1 dress snafu? I’m calling BS. 12 sizes or 2 sizes? No way I’d feel comfortable doing that. 12 sizes would leave lots of extraneous folds; no way you’d get a decent fit.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

She tried on a dress 12 sizes too big and the store was able to bind it well enough for her to get a decent fit, like and order it after already having 1 dress snafu? I’m calling BS. 12 sizes or 2 sizes? No way I’d feel comfortable doing that. 12 sizes would leave lots of extraneous folds; no way you’d get a decent fit.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but sizes come in even numbers right?

So think she could’ve meant that she’s a size 0 and the dress is a size 12. So it’s not actually 12 sizes but 6. Still significantly bigger than her but not that much. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

And why would you accept (pay for ? Even UP) and alter a dress that you didn’t order?  0-12 is 6 sizes. She said 12 sizes- I’m sure she is aware enough to know how sizing works. I still say BS-

• Upvote 4

In my country usually designers (or bridal salon) have "first renter" thing. They'll custom the dress based on your sizing and your chosen style, then after the wedding they'll keep the dress and rent it to someone else as their property. It's not as expensive as buying it and if you rent their available dress of course it's significantly cheaper. I wonder if in the US this kind of thing is possible? So hand me downs, but from a stranger.

My wedding attire (1 for the ceremony and 1 for the reception) are custom made. My designer asked if I want to keep them in her studio so I could let others rent them (the money goes to me).

There was a bit of drama with the second dress tho. After our last fitting, my designer hated the way the fabric falls on me. So she started from scratch, 2 WEEKS before my wedding. I was sewn into the dress but thankfully it was beautiful.

• Upvote 6

On 11/20/2021 at 7:13 AM, SassyPants said:

And why would you accept (pay for ? Even UP) and alter a dress that you didn’t order?  0-12 is 6 sizes. She said 12 sizes- I’m sure she is aware enough to know how sizing works. I still say BS-

I agree with this, but I read her comment as a general exaggeration. I think she meant the dress was very big on her. They grew up in their early years with thrift clothes, hand-me-downs, sharing clothes with each  other, and I bet "12sizes too big" is an expression they use within their family for any article of clothing that is too big for them to comfortably wear.

• Upvote 8

On 11/15/2021 at 11:47 AM, Sarcastically spinster said:

Speaking as a millennial (though I think they're Gen Z, no?), this type of thing is very common in my generation.  I have friends that just share with other close friends for connection+safety combined.  

I'm from the first generation to spend a significant part of our lives online, and a lot of this doesn't hit the same way for us, generationally, from a privacy standpoint that it tends to for older generations.  For them, it's more of a "my life is my business and nobody else's unless I decide to invite you in", while millennials and Gen Z have been sharing our cringe thoughts on social media since teenage years (thanks, Facebook Memories).   

This isn't an unusual thing in their age demographic, and it's almost certainly not anything sinister.  If only one of them was location sharing with the other, then I'd be worried.  

Hey now, geriatric millennials like me didn't have the internet till our teens and luckily there's no ICQ Memories!

I'm with some Gen Xers that location sharing is not usually worth Google learning even more about me.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Hey now, geriatric millennials like me didn't have the internet till our teens and luckily there's no ICQ Memories!

I'm with some Gen Xers that location sharing is not usually worth Google learning even more about me.

I just learned about Geriatric Millennial as my designation.  It so resonates.  Especially the Geriatric part 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Katie is very quiet at the moment. The wedding is only days away and I would have thought that she’d have been very active on social media posting lots of wedding planning. Maybe she is going to be far more private in the future. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Katie is very quiet at the moment. The wedding is only days away and I would have thought that she’d have been very active on social media posting lots of wedding planning. Maybe she is going to be far more private in the future. 

She posted just yesterday about going to pick up her dress in Kentucky, and also did like 2 ads. Not exactly quiet. Plus everyone has been busy with Thanksgiving celebrations, her sisters were probably with their in-laws this weekend. Carlin mentioned on her latest YouTube video that she gets back home on Monday and that’s when Katie’s pre-wedding events will start. We’ll probably see more posts then. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

She posted just yesterday about going to pick up her dress in Kentucky, and also did like 2 ads. Not exactly quiet. Plus everyone has been busy with Thanksgiving celebrations, her sisters were probably with their in-laws this weekend. Carlin mentioned on her latest YouTube video that she gets back home on Monday and that’s when Katie’s pre-wedding events will start. We’ll probably see more posts then. 

Thank you. I’m currently locked out of my Instagram account and still can’t access it so I haven’t seen anything since Friday. Hope the dress is how she imagined it would be; very stressful if it isn’t what she’d hoped for. Will she have had to pay for the first dress and all the alterations or will she be refunded because it was the wrong dress? Genuinely curious. If she has had to purchase two wedding dresses I would imagine that that was pretty expensive. 

Edited by Angelface
Typo
  • Eyeroll 2

On 11/18/2021 at 11:25 PM, raayx01 said:

She altered Josie's to, but Josie didn't buy it from her

She also altered Carlin's dress that came from a different shop too. I think the only ones who bought from Renee were Whitney (dress 2) and Tori. 

• Upvote 1

Whitney’s father is gravely ill, or has possibly passed away. I think out of respect for him, the Bates family has somewhat put their social media posts on hold.

• Upvote 5

Whitney is supposed to be Katie's bridesmaids, no? Tiffany is done with her master's and the fact that Lawson hasn't posted anything about that perhaps the situation is really grim on that front and they do put their socials on hold. Only Katie & Esther congratulated her on the comment section as of now.

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic