IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

I love Katie's dress!   Best of all the Bates so far.  Could have used just a little bling though.

• Upvote 3

Looks very much like 1950s,  Christian Dior and Givenchy come to mind. But a less frou frou version of it and of course floor length. Very pretty, and they look good together. Happy to finally hold hands. May their lifes be filled with joy, love, honesty and health. Good luck to them. 

edit. It is the neckline that makes me think of it. And I like that neckline. 

Edited by Sabine
the picture is huge, i have no idea how to make it small So i took it out. this is complicated today.
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I like Katie's dress, it's very old-hollywood vintage-glam looking. Normally I don't like satin (see: Esther's dress' bodice) but I don't mind it on Katie as it fits the winter and overall formal aesthetic. Speaking of, though, I feel like in some of those pics Katie almost looks like Esther? Shiny dress, orange tan, bleached loose waves, shape of the lip and jaw in from certain angles, super-highlighted makeup/nude lip/dark arched brow. haha.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

So far I like it.  Not a fan of satiny but more photos may change my mind. The two pics released she is so tense. It shows in her neck and arms either from nerves (never touched before) or from trying to get the perfect pic. I find it quite distracting. It’s the first time I have noticed it in a Bates bride. She certainly dropped to waif size which makes the tension show more. I love her flowers. So far she is very well put together. 
I know we will get more photos. All horrible beliefs aside it’s a pleasant snark distraction needed with all that is going on in the fundie world at the moment 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Don’t care for the dress. Why am I so picky? I did like yesterday’s  dress. I hate to say it but her makeup ages her, and he looks so young. It’s another Claire /Justin situation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Katie is already flogging her mag exclusive 

And Alyssa curated her outfits again. Ahhhh no surprise there. 

Spoiler

B289102A-2179-4BDA-BB5C-158DC54C66A8.thumb.png.8b82ff87193482c96bcba5fbff61d97d.png0ED5E3F1-275D-4E5D-BDAD-D0942017E39A.thumb.png.dbd26f5acb7c31741bbac6688a2561a3.pngL it

1377F9BA-68D1-4231-AD72-BEB7DCEA4910.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

The flower bouquets are gorgeous, definetely my favorites of all the Bates weddings, and the dress is really pretty for sure. I dont know how the original one looked but it couldnt be much better than this.

• Upvote 5

Omg Carlin we know your pregnant… fuck me can they ever take a pic not touching their bump?  I dunno why this trivial thing irritates me. Shallow I guess 

Spoiler

9106D687-1DEB-4F4E-A853-D68E5A75CB52.thumb.png.40e57e5387b886f53c2b6fff1e8fd94e.png

Spoiler

9106D687-1DEB-4F4E-A853-D68E5A75CB52.thumb.png.40e57e5387b886f53c2b6fff1e8fd94e.png

1A30D4CF-7306-4EF8-854A-64327B75B766.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Omg I didn’t even finish looking at the pics she did it again.
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I love Katie's dress!   Best of all the Bates so far.  Could have used just a little bling though.

I’m a sucker for dainty bling belts… it crossed my mind that I’d have added a bling belt to that dress! :) my wedding dress was lace with long sleeves, and then chiffon on the bottom, and the dainty bling belt was my favourite part of it!

• Upvote 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXCmFEnLK5k/

Tori is again severely underdressed for a wedding. You know i get that she doesnt like fashion but showing like that to your sisters wedding just seems rude to me when she has a million sisters that could have borrowed her a dress. That cardigan specially looks like houseclothes.

Is that woman with them in the picture one of the Paine sisters?

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Katie is already flogging her mag exclusive 

And Alyssa curated her outfits again. Ahhhh no surprise there. 

Hide contents

B289102A-2179-4BDA-BB5C-158DC54C66A8.thumb.png.8b82ff87193482c96bcba5fbff61d97d.png0ED5E3F1-275D-4E5D-BDAD-D0942017E39A.thumb.png.dbd26f5acb7c31741bbac6688a2561a3.pngL it

1377F9BA-68D1-4231-AD72-BEB7DCEA4910.png

The baby is straight outta Adams Family. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

11 minutes ago, llucie said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXCmFEnLK5k/

Tori is again severely underdressed for a wedding. You know i get that she doesnt like fashion but showing like that to your sisters wedding just seems rude to me when she has a million sisters that could have borrowed her a dress. That cardigan specially looks like houseclothes.

Is that woman with them in the picture one of the Paine sisters?

I own an almost-identical cardigan and it is my favorite, pounding around the house sweater, I can't imagine wearing it to a wedding. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

50 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

She looks gorgeous I also love that she doesn’t have a veil or crown.

In one of the Us magazine shots, she did have a veil. But not in any other pic I’ve seen. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Omg Carlin we know your pregnant… fuck me can they ever take a pic not touching their bump?  I dunno why this trivial thing irritates me. Shallow I guess 

Hide contents

Hide contents

1A30D4CF-7306-4EF8-854A-64327B75B766.png

Yikes! No one has mentioned the crotch grab in the first picture of the groomsmen to the left of Travis? I thought fundies were supposed to be modest.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Yikes! No one has mentioned the crotch grab in the first picture of the groomsmen to the left of Travis? I thought fundies were supposed to be modest.

Ba ha ha I went back in to re edit my pics snarking on Carlin to include a mention of that. Then couldn’t edit and decided to sit back and wait for that unfortunate pic to be noticed lol 

I actually think this is one of the most modern looking outfits I have seen on Erin. I still think her big hair ages her but she at least looks more modern and Katie is her clone in this pic  is that Abbie pain that married another he who shall not be named? And Tori came straight from the office to the wedding??!! Oh that’s right she doesn’t work… another wedding outfit disaster for her  ah well it’s best it’s clean it’s attractive it’s just not weddingy bloody bastard Bates  horrible beliefs stunning physical genetic they made their girls pretty  

21B4F4FF-956D-4616-A573-7AE543350D76.thumb.png.a9b1b622075503f662fdeb1297a34b43.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Ahhh edited to say I see from more pics it’s not Abbie Paine and I think I meant tabitha Paine who married another he who must not be named. So many fundie to little time to keep up.
  • Upvote 1

Since she said she did a 180% from her first dress, I'm guessing it was fitted, possible sleeveless or close enough and didn't like the modesty alterations she envisioned.

Like the dress profile, but, not the satin finish to it. Never have liked that look, but, so many wedding & bridesmaid dresses are satin.

Edited by Smoochie

2 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Since she said she did a 180% from her first dress, I'm guessing it was fitted, possible sleeveless or close enough and didn't like the modesty alterations she envisioned.

Maybe lace? Maybe fussy 

This one is about as clean cut as you can get. 
I really like it I am glad it isn’t summer I think it would have been to heavy for that. But I do like it. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

And Tori came straight from the office to the wedding??!! Oh that’s right she doesn’t work…

She's got three kids under three. . . I think she works.

• Upvote 6

The dress was nice, but I don’t like how the neckline doesn’t lie flat in this photo. And it looks like Katie has something growing off of her mouth.

2B96B8F1-FBB2-4BDE-A0D1-0024C87584AE.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic