IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

Katie really is beautiful. 

I really like the bridesmaids dresses and the fancy ponytails. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211203-123132.thumb.png.e822a4606b47b079b977a74371478c33.png

Spoiler

Looks like Whitney did participate.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211203-123123.thumb.png.38896adeec8010c48c7fbaf7c4273afa.png

Edited by CanadianMamam
Issues adding photos
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

This is my favourite bridesmaids look in all of their weddings, she did the right thing by choosing one color, and I think the same style ?

I feel bad for Whitney 💔       

• Upvote 4

Just now, Dbm said:

This is my favourite bridesmaids look in all of their weddings, she did the right thing by choosing one color, and I think the same style ?

I feel bad for Whitney 💔       

Yes, I like bridesmaids to match and I think the classic black dress look worked out really well. 

• Upvote 4

jumping in to offer my 2 cents:

* Katie is just lovely 

* I like the bridesmaid's dresses and the hair style 

* in families of this size there will always be a mix of things going on so maybe Whitney is able to take into stride the fact that her father's funeral was so close to a wedding - anyway I hope she is doing ok

* I hate Kelly's dress - it looks so frumpy and the worst part is it could have been fixed relatively easily:

the brooch is badly placed and accentuates an area Kelly wanted to not accentuate

the seams look puckered - I'm not sure if this is because of bad sewing, material choice or not pressed properly - I'd take a steamer to those seams to make sure they laid flat and straight

all that material around an area Kelly wanted to cover is not good - a lighter sheerer layer would have added coverage without bulk

on the plus side she looks really happy

* I'm not sure who is the younger sibling who is a bridesmaid but she looks so grown up - is this the next "Katie"? maybe

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Just now, browngrl said:

* Katie is just lovely 

* in families of this size there will always be a mix of things going on so maybe Whitney is able to take into stride the fact that her father's funeral was so close to a wedding - anyway I hope she is doing ok

* I hate Kelly's dress - it looks so frumpy and the worst part is it could have been fixed relatively easily:

the brooch is badly placed and accentuates an area Kelly wanted to not accentuate

the seams look puckered - I'm not sure if this is because of bad sewing, material choice or not pressed properly - I'd take a steamer to those seams to make sure they laid flat and straight

all that material around an area Kelly wanted to cover is not good - a lighter sheerer layer would have added coverage without bulk

* I'm not sure who is the younger sibling who is a bridesmaid but she looks so grown up - is this the next "Katie"? maybe

Yes, that is Addallee who will be 16 in February and seems poised to step up as the number one sister-helper. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Dbm said:

So Alyssa posted this to her story and then deleted it. 

It's a pic of her and Katie, in case you want to wait until they post the pics 

Hide contents

1109938410_Screenshot2021-12-03at8_24_29pm.thumb.png.42e39de61edc23756064cac2dee9b8f4.png

I don’t think she deleted I just saw it. I’m reserving judgement her make up is lovely. I think the centre part is harsh (but I know it’s the fashion) but it’s not my preference. I’m sure the whole put together look will be lovely. 

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Do they (or just one girl) have bright white heels with black dresses? And then addy has nude ones? I dunno I think I would have told them to wear black. I can’t handle mismatched shoes on matching bridesmaids dresses. To me it looks unpolished. 

38 minutes ago, browngrl said:

* Katie is just lovely 

Yes, I am not a major fan of Kelly’s dress. I don’t hate it. But it looks cheap. That cou

39 minutes ago, browngrl said:

* Katie is just lovely 

Yes I’m not a fan of Kelly’s dress either. It looks cheap and in need of a steam. I’m not a fan of the colour either but perhaps when we see it without a filter it may be nicer. It’s not the worst but it’s not the best. And you are right about the broach. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t think she deleted I just saw it. I’m reserving judgement her make up is lovely. I think the centre part is harsh (but I know it’s the fashion) but it’s not my preference. I’m sure the whole put together look will be lovely. 

Do they (or just one girl) have bright white heels with black dresses? And then addy has nude ones? I dunno I think I would have told them to wear black. I can’t handle mismatched shoes on matching bridesmaids dresses. To me it looks unpolished. 

She reposted it notice the different caption + she reposted the pic almost one hour ago and I posted the pic 4 hours ago. 

Spoiler

1136434524_Screenshot2021-12-04at12_38_21am.thumb.png.01b096a58ef16ba771fad3fcda66e8a5.png

• Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think it is just the lighting. I am pretty sure they all ordered the exact same pair. 

• Upvote 1

The recent Bates weddings are very different from the first three: Zach, Erin, and Alyssa. It’s so easy to fool the humpers when you have a lot more money. A no touch courtship is extreme even by fundie standards. Yet this couple is constantly praised on social media. If they weren’t so perfectly curated, people would be calling out the no touch shit. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Well, I feel like saying you like the aestethic of the wedding venue etc isn't saying you don't think they're very fundie.

I for one much prefer the bridesmaids dresses here to the ones at the recent skydiving-princess-palooza, but that does not mean I forgot they have very abnormal beliefs and are doing their best to limit other people in their decision making, even if it is none of their business.

• Upvote 11

Katie is beautiful, although the make-up and filters age her a little.

I like the bridesmaid dresses, but I would prefer them without the bow on the back.

The dresses aren't too revealing by Bates standards. Other than the 'no-pants" thing, they don't seem too many modesty standards. Most IBLP women start showing necks long ago. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Well, I feel like saying you like the aestethic of the wedding venue etc isn't saying you don't think they're very fundie.

I for one much prefer the bridesmaids dresses here to the ones at the recent skydiving-princess-palooza, but that does not mean I forgot they have very abnormal beliefs and are doing their best to limit other people in their decision making, even if it is none of their business.

No, I mean the people who genuinely follow these people on social media. FJ people know. If they weren’t so perfectly curated people following them might realize they never touch and ask them about it. But they are so perfect looking that no one even notices the extreme weirdness of their engagement where they never touched.

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

@JermajestyDuggar oh i guess i misunderstood. I was surprised, seeing as pretty much everybody finds that to be very weird here.

Oh yes, I bet 99% of us think it’s weird. And I bet a lot of her humpers would think it’s weird too. But they are too busy ooooohing and ahhhhing with heart eyes at every one of her posts. I’m thinking of the other no touch courtships we’ve talked about on FJ and they were extremely awkward looking fundies that aren’t stylish or conventionally attractive. Katie and Travis are nothing like that. They hide the weirdness of their relationship with money and style.

• I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I’ll admit I don’t fully understand  purity culture and modesty, especially in the presence of extreme vanity. Remember the photo of Kelton grabbing Josie’s ass five minutes after the I dos?  How Godly, respectful and modest is that behavior? So no touch at 6PM and then full blown sex hours later (and again, again, again… according to some). I can’t wrap my mind behind how that approach is emotionally or physically healthy. Next let’s talk about modest dress, yet when sperm meets egg and the belly starts to protrude, the clothing gets tighter and tighter. Why? I think many of these folks have an extremely unhealthy attitude towards relationships and sex. Do these folks understand PRE-MARRIAGE that very little marital time is spent actually having sex? Do they understand that couples spend far more time participating in joint interest activities, working (well, most couples), caring for others, cleaning, cooking etc? What a reality check!

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do these folks understand PRE-MARRIAGE that very little marital time is spent actually having sex? Do they understand that couples spend far more time participating in joint interest activities, working (well, most couples), caring for others, cleaning, cooking etc? What a reality check!

I'm not a fundie, but I can honestly say that before my now husband and I moved in together, I didn't realise how much time of our marriage/ relationship that we would spend talking about what we should eat for dinner, discuss who picks up what from the grocery store and listen to each other snoring. I love being married to him, but it's not always very instagrammable 🙂

As for these fundies, I don't have an issue with them saving sex for marriage. It's the 0 to 100 in one day that scares me. 

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I'm not a fundie, but I can honestly say that before my now husband and I moved in together, I didn't realise how much time of our marriage/ relationship that we would spend talking about what we should eat for dinner, discuss who picks up what from the grocery store and listen to each other snoring. I love being married to him, but it's not always very instagrammable 🙂

As for these fundies, I don't have an issue with them saving sex for marriage. It's the 0 to 100 in one day that scares me. 

It’s unrealistic and unhealthy. I notice I forgot to say how much time is spent communicating basic information. A family or couple is like a small business. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, xenobia said:

before my now husband and I moved in together, I didn't realise how much time of our marriage/ relationship that we would spend talking about what we should eat for dinner,

Before we had kids, the conversations on WHERE to eat were painful.

“Where do you want to eat?”

”I don’t care. Where do you want to eat?”

”I don’t care either. It’s up to you.” 
“Maybe Indian?”

”No. Pizza?”

”No.” 

🙄

Now that we have kids, it’s often decided for us. We will often just choose the place our kids like the best. I guess it’s quicker that way 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

Well looks like they had an Us magazine deal. Like their "touching" pictures better than his brother. His brother is still stiff and awkward with his wife. Look forward to honeymoon pictures. 

• Upvote 3

US Weekly posted pictures of the wedding! 

Her dress is sleeveless! 😲 How standards have changed since the earlier Bates wedding dresses. 

Just-Hitched-Bringing-Up-Bates-Katie-Bates-Marries-Travis-Clark-Photos-007.jpg

Just-Hitched-Bringing-Up-Bates-Katie-Bates-Marries-Travis-Clark-Photos-005.jpg

Just-Hitched-Bringing-Up-Bates-Katie-Bates-Marries-Travis-Clark-Photos-003.jpg

• Thank You 12

I really like the shape, not quite so keen on the satin/shiny fabric, but there's nothing wrong with it. It's a perfectly pretty, mainstream dress. 

• I Agree 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Before we had kids, the conversations on WHERE to eat were painful.

“Where do you want to eat?”

”I don’t care. Where do you want to eat?”

”I don’t care either. It’s up to you.” 
“Maybe Indian?”

”No. Pizza?”

”No.” 

🙄

Now that we have kids, it’s often decided for us. We will often just choose the place our kids like the best. I guess it’s quicker that way 🤷🏻‍♀️

I reckon kids don’t make everything harder and more complicated 😉🤣

In regards to Katie and her dress, I love it. She looks stunning - and I wouldn’t have expected her to go sleeveless, especially after her no-touch courtship seemed so strict. But hey, good she got the dress she wanted. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic