IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

Whitney posted on Instagram that her father passed away early Saturday morning. I wonder if she’ll still be a bridesmaid (if that was the plan). It’s going to be a week of even higher emotion now.

• Upvote 3

I will say I bought the makeup brush that Katie has been shilling (not from her) and it really does make your makeup look crazy smooth. My makeup has never looked as good as it does now. So some filtering for sure but the brush she uses really is excellent and if it makes my almost 40-year old skin look crystal clear, I am not surprised hers looks that good. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I will say I bought the makeup brush that Katie has been shilling (not from her) and it really does make your makeup look crazy smooth. My makeup has never looked as good as it does now. So some filtering for sure but the brush she uses really is excellent and if it makes my almost 40-year old skin look crystal clear, I am not surprised hers looks that good. 

Which one is it?

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Which one is it?

Skinbae. It feels like velvet and it doesn't soak in the foundation. It really was worth every penny. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

LOL look at the picture of Ms Renee behind Katie in her dress, then in the selfie ... your filter is too strong when your nose disappears into your face!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

LOL so Alyssa posted on instagram (shocking I know) and said that she was going for her bridesmaid fitting and going to see Katie's new dress because and I quote 'she changed her mind a few times'!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Lol that Josie’s and Carlin’s dresses for Fall and late Spring weddings were longer sleeved  (Josie looked like she might melt), yet Katie’s December wedding it appears, will feature a capped sleeved gown-

• Upvote 2

On 11/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Skinbae. It feels like velvet and it doesn't soak in the foundation. It really was worth every penny. 

Do you have a link to which brush it is? (Not from Katie)

21 hours ago, Johannah said:

Do you have a link to which brush it is? (Not from Katie)

https://www.skinbaeandbeyond.com/collections/beauty/products/skinbae-original-makeup-brush 

I love it. Changed my whole makeup routine.

As for the wedding,  Katie even had the bridesmaids wear black dresses for the rehearsal and the venue is stunning. 

I find it bizarre that they gave to pose like this, not touching, when tomorrow they will be married. 

Screenshot_20211202-204126~2.png

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I wonder how much of Katie and Travis’s wedding reception is going to be guests discussing the Duggar trial. For that matter, I wonder if this will be the first Bates wedding without strong Duggar attendance. 

• Upvote 14

I want to comment under her recent Instagram post:

”You two can finally touch tomorrow!” 

But I won’t. These two are so bizarre. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

I like Katie’s rehearsal dress far more than any of the Bateses’ or Duggars’ wedding gowns. 
When did Katie morph into Aly-Car-Josie? I never remember her being a blond waif. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

The most bizarre one to me is this one. Like when she could front hug the dog but not her fiancé now she can kiss the dog but not her fiancé 

eye roll so hard. 103EA0F6-3C64-436C-B459-15F4190DD721.thumb.png.87a5f37589494960946e1123c6f1510d.png

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Wow, they've come a LONG way from the first weddings. All the girls are staying at the venue tonight, this wedding is not cheap $$$$$!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I like Katie’s rehearsal dress far more than any of the Bateses’ or Duggars’ wedding gowns. 
When did Katie morph into Aly-Car-Josie? I never remember her being a blond waif. 

Probably about the time she met Travis and was totally in love with him as her future husband & father after 5 minutes.   I always remember her as the one who said she didn’t have any interest in boys and was in love with ice cream. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Katie got VERY lucky with the weather- it's supposed to be 72° at her venue tomorrow. And it looks like the wedding is outdoors.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Katie got VERY lucky with the weather- it's supposed to be 72° at her venue tomorrow. And it looks like the wedding is outdoors.

*blessed by god who answers her prayers for good weather 

there fixed that for you. Lol 

And Travistie are more comfortable showing affection to the dog than they are to each other. This seems to be the first Bates no touch relationship since Zach’s first failed one. Pics don’t look aS bad when it’s just the two of them but throw in a mil or sil or dog that they are all over rather than each other well that’s when it gets weird. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Love 1

There is a couple shots of them touching on I think Carlin’s stories. Katie had her arm linked through his as they practice walking up the aisle and listening to the ceremony/directions from the officiant. It’s not much, but I’m genuinely curious if the no touch courtship will cause them to jump immediately into having babies (pending good fertility) or will cause them to take it slow and not produce a honeymoon baby like Carlin and Josie did. 

As an aside, the venue does look gorgeous and it looks like the ceremony is set up in a different part of the venue than where Carlin’s was. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I don’t want to say that expensive weddings are necessary or even affordable for many people and small, intimate ceremonies might be a much better fit for lots of couples.

BUT (here comes the but): with Josh Duggar’s trial going on, I’ve been thinking about Anna, too, in recent days and the difference between her wedding and the weddings of the Bates girls is just so striking. And it’s not just a money issue, it’s also a question of work being (or not being) put into it. What I mean is that I feel that in so many ways, Anna appears to have gotten the short end of the stick. Even her wedding was kinda meh… and Katie’s looks like a dream. 

And having been raised fundy and with such an emphasis on weddings and marriages, that’s really sad. I mean, why didn’t the Duggars at least chip in for a new wedding dress for Anna? That’s not the traditional way and I know that for many families, it’s custom that the bride’s parents pay for the dress, but when JB and M have hundreds of thousands of dollars for the defence of their molesting son to spare, they could have spent a fraction of the cost for a nice dress for Anna. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Katie's wedding has come along way from the oldest sisters weddings too. I wonder if Erin and Alyssa are a little jealous. 

I like Kelly's dress, I think she style has also been getting better (when she lets the girls style her) and this is a very typical Mother of the Bride outfit. 

Spoiler

1801377685_Screenshot_20211203-1030502.thumb.png.710952edfffabbf385dba1e596ecf198.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie's wedding has come along way from the oldest sisters weddings too. I wonder if Erin and Alyssa are a little jealous. 

I like Kelly's dress, I think she style has also been getting better (when she lets the girls style her) and this is a very typical Mother of the Bride outfit. 

Hide contents

1801377685_Screenshot_20211203-1030502.thumb.png.710952edfffabbf385dba1e596ecf198.png

I feel that if the older sisters got a chance to do a vow renewal like Whitney did they won't hesitate.  

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

I feel that if the older sisters got a chance to do a vow renewal like Whitney did they won't hesitate.  

My bet is on Alyssa and John for their 10 year. We only have 2.5 years to wait for that!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

Mayve not Michael, but definitely Erin and Alyssa. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So Alyssa posted this to her story and then deleted it. 

It's a pic of her and Katie, in case you want to wait until they post the pics 

Spoiler

1109938410_Screenshot2021-12-03at8_24_29pm.thumb.png.42e39de61edc23756064cac2dee9b8f4.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic