IGNORED

[CW: Child Sexual Abuse] Josh and Anna Duggar 26: Smugshot™ Jermajesty Duggar

HerNameIsBuffy

I’m extremely concerned that Emily was living with them.  And when someone called Anna out on it she scrubbed all photos of her from her IG. 

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

^^ Wait a sec, who's Emily?

Emily is Will Peters’ (Michelle’s nephew) daughter. Anna refers to her as ‘Cousin Emily’ in her posts. She was appearing in a lot of Duggar pics, esp Anna’s, yet her family lives in TX. 

ETA: I believe she is 13 or so.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
Errors
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 14

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to [CW: Child Sexual Abuse] Josh and Anna Duggar 26 - Smugshot™ Jermajesty Duggar
1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

I didn't grow up quite like the Duggars, but did grow up what people around here might call "fundie lite". Even in my childhood, the brainwashing was severe.   Pretty much anything that made you doubt or even question that way of life was framed as an attack from the devil himself, and the more you were being attacked, that meant he was really mad at you so you must be on the right track. If someone made a website about freeing me from that life I would have seen it exactly that way back then. And when the people in charge did bad, disgusing things this was also because of the devil trying to make people lose faith and not because we were in a system that sort of sucked all around. This way of thinking led to all kinds of wreckage in my life but it took an embarrassingly long time for me to come to my breaking point. I know it's crazy, but having been raised from birth in an environment like that I know that people can accept a lot of ridiculous stuff before they start to question things, if they ever do at all.

Wow. Thank you for sharing this. It’s hard for outsiders to get inside the mindset of this world. This helps explain it. I’m happy you have been able to chart a different course for yourself. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 3

15 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

How can they cope with the fact that this creep was around their own kids?

The same way they've 'coped' with it their whole lives.  They knew he was a serial child molester to begin with and they didn't balk at having them in their midst.  I have no idea why you're so baffled by the fact that they just don't give a shit when their behavior has been consistent the whole time.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

Do we know for certain if CPS will be called and interview all of the kids? I want to somehow be comforted that the kids will be getting help?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

Thank you 

Also, people keep making new threads about this without seeing the active ones. Moderators are making most threads these days in order to quell the chaos of the olden days.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The same way they've 'coped' with it their whole lives.  They knew he was a serial child molester to begin with and they didn't balk at having them in their midst.  I have no idea why you're so baffled by the fact that they just don't give a shit when their behavior has been consistent the whole time.

I'd argue this is different. The siblings, his victims, were forced to forgive him and Jessa & Jill were made to go on Fox News. They were brainwashed to believe this had been dealt with and he was just a boy " a little too curious about girls" (per Jessa).

Now, none of them can deny the fact he's actually been arrested and facing federal charges. Jill stated she was only told the night before. This is new for them. There's no way JB & Michelle can brush these charges under the rug. Many of his siblings have kids that were around him all the time. I bet a ton of them are pissed and not too happy with JB.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 18

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Do we know for certain if CPS will be called and interview all of the kids? I want to somehow be comforted that the kids will be getting help?

No, that's why there has been loads of discussion here about people hoping that will happen.  A lot of your questions will be answered if you read back a bit.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Emily is Will Peters’ (Michelle’s nephew) daughter. Anna refers to her as ‘Cousin Emily’ in her posts. She was appearing in a lot of Duggar pics, esp Anna’s, yet her family lives in TX. 

ETA: I believe she is 13 or so.

She was not living with J and A, was she? Please tell me no.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Exactly. They’re more concerned about the lies, deception, and the effect it had on the Duggar brand vs. being horrified that he’s a child predator. 

• Upvote 18

I'd argue this is different. The siblings, his victims, were forced to forgive them and Jessa & Jill made to go on Fox News. They were brainwashed to believe this had been dealt with. None of them can deny the fact he's been arrested and facing federal charges. Jill stated she was only told the night before. This is new for them.

You're asking how they can cope and my answer was they've coped with him being a serial sexual predator for decades and so this isn't as much of a stretch.

I'm bowing out of this conversation - I hope you find the answers you seek.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I'd argue this is different. The siblings, his victims, were forced to forgive them and Jessa & Jill made to go on Fox News. They were brainwashed to believe this had been dealt with. None of them can deny the fact he's been arrested and facing federal charges. Jill stated she was only told the night before. This is new for them.

Has she? I thought there only statement was about the arrest before the charges were made public. And they said they were sad to hear of the arrest? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Sky with diamonds said:

She was not living with J and A, was she? Please tell me no.

We don’t know for sure, but the assumption is she was (is?) living there as a mother’s helper. It was just Emily that was showing up in pics at the warehome and TTH, rather than her whole family. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I'd argue this is different. The siblings, his victims, were forced to forgive them and Jessa & Jill made to go on Fox News. They were brainwashed to believe this had been dealt with. None of them can deny the fact he's been arrested and facing federal charges. Jill stated she was only told the night before. This is new for them. There's no way JB & Michelle can brush these charges under the rug.

I’ve seen a few posts saying Jill was told the night before. How do we know this? Did she say that? (It doesn’t surprise me but I’m curious )

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Has she? I thought there only statement was about the arrest before the charges were made public. And they said they were sad to hear of the arrest? 

"We just found out this information yesterday," Jill and Derick said in a statement to PEOPLE. "It is very sad."

https://people.com/tv/jill-duggar-dillard-speaks-out-brother-josh-duggars-arrest/

@coffeebean7

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

This situation reminds me of when the State of Texas took the FLDS minors as a group into multiple foster families. The kids were traumatized by being around strangers and what was a huge cultural shift. Considering the shell game Warren Jeff played with the kids, arbitrarily assigning them to new "fathers" to punish the birth parents for infractions, they had to use DNA to try to establish the birth parents. They were terrified of the strangers, even the well-intentioned ones, since they had been warned against non-FLDS culture since infancy. 

It was pretty much a fuster-cluck. However, the State of Texas did at least put Warren Jeffs away for the rest of his life, so he could no longer rape his child "brides." 

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Sabine,  I saw the diary about Josh on DKos and left a few comments.  

I am going to have to go find you on that diary!

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Also, people keep making new threads about this without seeing the active ones. Moderators are making most threads these days in order to quell the chaos of the olden days.

This would be a good mod title/descriptor: "quelling the chaos of olden days"...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

We don’t know for sure, but the assumption is she was (is?) living there as a mother’s helper. It was just Emily that was showing up in pics at the warehome and TTH, rather than her whole family. 

That brings up so many questions. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I still maintain at least some of the family knew he was under investigation and what for. The Duggars are old hands at the carefully worded half denial. What Jill means by information could be the fact he was going to be taken into custody. Like I said upthread, warrants were executed to seize the computers- you can be sure the grounds for the warrant were made known. Josh will have been interviewed, probably more than once.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, Freejin said:

I also think it’s possible that the lack of real information about sex can lead to this type of conduct, right? In his world he knew nothing of normal sexual development. So even if he wasn’t actually abused himself he had no ability to determine what normal healthy sexual attraction looks like. 

This has been banging around in my head for two days (well, a day & 1/2). 

He was taught about "no touch" courtship, side hugs, blah, blah, blah crap. No touching, no kissing, no risking your soul & having sex with someone you're not married to. Obsessive "sex is bad" from the day he was born. One, he never learned the difference between appropriate, consensual sexual behavior & feelings & urges and inappropriate/demented/twisted criminal, dangerous thoughts & actions. 

All that focus on keeping him "pure" for his wedding night and not a single drop of focus on teaching him about natural, human sexuality versus sexual abuse. 

They are so backwards it's almost unfathomable. 

When you think masturbating d is a sin that will damage your soul for life, you really don't have any concept of the fact that sexual abuse of children/siblings/babysitters/sex workers is not only more "sinful" - it's also a crime. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to [CW: Child Sexual Abuse] Josh and Anna Duggar 26: Smugshot™ Jermajesty Duggar
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic