IGNORED

[CW: Child Sexual Abuse] Josh and Anna Duggar 26: Smugshot™ Jermajesty Duggar

HerNameIsBuffy

I like Jinger's response.  

Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo

"We are disturbed to hear of the charges against Josh," the couple wrote in a statement via Instagram on Friday. "While this case must go through the legal system, we want to make it clear that we absolutely condemn any form of child abuse and fully support authorities and judicial process in their pursuit of justice." 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Just now, Idlewild said:

I still maintain at least some of the family knew he was under investigation and what for. The Duggars are old hands at the carefully worded half denial. What Jill means by information could be the fact he was going to be taken into custody. Like I said upthread, warrants were executed to seize the computers- you can be sure the grounds for the warrant were made known. Josh will have been interviewed, probably more than once.

Of course they did.  Everyone knew about the raid, anyone who doesn't think JB and Michelle knew damn well what that was about is ....either very naive or willfully obtuse.  As for Anna, Idk about you guys but my husband gets raided by the Feds at his business and it's splashed over every newspaper everywhere I'm going to find out why.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 23
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I still maintain at least some of the family knew he was under investigation and what for. The Duggars are old hands at the carefully worded half denial. What Jill means by information could be the fact he was going to be taken into custody. Like I said upthread, warrants were executed to seize the computers- you can be sure the grounds for the warrant were made known. Josh will have been interviewed, probably more than once.

Yeah, I'm just throwing out questions and assuming what may have happened based on how they've been reacting. Like I said upthread, I am curious to know who knew what and for how long. I guess I also want to believe that most didn't know because it's horrible to think of how they would've kept him around kids. Most of us had watched the show for a long time and/or followed their social media and it's hard to grasp that they were around him.

@HerNameIsBuffyI'm not naive nor obtuse. I'm considering all possibilities (in my earlier posts, I kept saying I didn't know how Anna could've kept her kids around him, etc) and just assuming but, admittedly, it's more comforting to think that people like Anna, Jessa, etc. didn't know. I think JB definitely knew and maybe Michelle. It's similar to how many of us assumed/hoped he was arrested for a financial crime.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

We also have blasphemers and harlots, too.  (we're always getting left out of the census.  smh)

Don’t forget about us Jezebels, for goodness sake! 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 13

Oh and I forgot to mention Jim Bob and Michelle taking in her nephew. The family truly thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread and everyone should be like them. They believe they are the best families.

As for the shiner, I don't see it. But if he has it, on a thread someone thought JimBob, a brother or Anna did it. No way Anna or Jim Bob did it. Jim Bob has been covering up for Josh and excusing him his entire life. If he has a shiner it is either from one of his kids accidently headbutting him or such (as parents I would saywe have all had a kid hit us in the head and it makes us see stars) or maybe one of his brothers that has been in the world and knows more worldly things. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 8

I've had some (limited) sympathy for Anna in the past given her own brainwashed upbringing and terrible parents. But if she doesn't woman up and divorce Josh now, after these awful revelations, put her children first I will be utterly disgusted with her. My heart goes out to those poor children - both the Mkids and the ones he watched being abused. I don't have enough words to express my contempt.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, Jacked said:

Don’t forget about us Jezebels, for goodness sake! 

Jezebels are classified under the broader genus of harlots, along with pant wearing sluts.  Same convention room....sluts arrange for the catering and Jezebels manage the dessert table.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 31
  • Love 5

7 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I'd argue this is different. The siblings, his victims, were forced to forgive him and Jessa & Jill were made to go on Fox News. They were brainwashed to believe this had been dealt with and he was just a boy " a little too curious about girls" (per Jessa).

Now, none of them can deny the fact he's actually been arrested and facing federal charges. Jill stated she was only told the night before. This is new for them. There's no way JB & Michelle can brush these charges under the rug. Many of his siblings have kids that were around him all the time.

I think even if they were to rationalise what Josh did exactly within the framework they have been taught, it's still going to be distressing.

And if it causes any of them to *question* what they've been taught, that is going to be additionally upsetting.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

9Oh and I forgot to mention Jim Bob and Michelle taking in her nephew. The family truly thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread and everyone should be like them. They believe they are the best families.

As for the shiner, I don't see it. But if he has it, on a thread someone thought JimBob, a brother or Anna did it. No way Anna or Jim Bob did it. Jim Bob has been covering up for Josh and excusing him his entire life. If he has a shiner it is either from one of his kids accidently headbutting him or such (as parents I would saywe have all had a kid hit us in the head and it makes us see stars) or maybe one of his brothers that has been in the world and knows more worldly things. 

I kind of hope if he got punched that it was JD. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

28 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Anna may not have known what he was being investigated for but I wonder if she ever felt something was "off" with how he behaved?

TBH, I really do wonder if she would have. This is (one of the many) huge problems with being tossed into marriage by your parents at a young age before you’ve spent any honest, non-choreographed time together. It sounds like he’s been doing terrible things since well before she was steered into this relationship, so as sad as it is, however he was acting probably is his normal. ?

I’m fuzzy on the details here, was the insinuation with the raid on the car lot that he was probably looking at this stuff on a work computer? That would make it even more difficult to know if she figured it out. I have no idea what specifically my husband does on the computer at work, but I assume he just does his job. Now, granted, my husband is not a fundie nightmare with a really gross past, but I think most people don’t think about their spouse at work in the context of “I wonder if he’s engaging in illegal activities”.

(Also howdy everyone, I’m one of the legion who have been here for years lurking but just now started participating in the wake of all this.)

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

@luv2laugh the Duggars have been hamming it up for TV ratings for years- fake shock at engagements, babies etc. Maybe they hoped that JB would call in his favours and the case would go away, maybe they just don’t care as long as they’re getting paid endorsements and YouTube clicks.

Now it’s looking bad for Josh they are regrouping as victims.

• Upvote 9

I've been hanging out in JRod land lately, dang she will not be happy that our thread on her has been almost ground to a hault by Josh. That makes me laugh since she defended him and the family after the Ashley Madison thing.

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@luv2laugh the Duggars have been hamming it up for TV ratings for years- fake shock at engagements, babies etc. Maybe they hoped that JB would call in his favours and the case would go away, maybe they just don’t care as long as they’re getting paid endorsements and YouTube clicks.

Now it’s looking bad for Josh they are regrouping as victims.

I just don't know why Jinger and Jeremy would've released their book if they knew the details of what he was being investigated for. This casts a major dark shadow on all of them. The name "Duggar" will forever be associated with this.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I just don't know why Jinger and Jeremy would've released their book if they knew the details of what he was being investigated for.

Because they all are entitled. They all believe their shit doesn't stink and is like ice cream and everyone wants 2 scoops. 

The entire family (and most all others we follow on FJ) are just like the Duggars.

Boils down to 1 word: entitled. 

• Upvote 18

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I just don't know why Jinger and Jeremy would've released their book if they knew.

The book is a money grab- they may not have known the precise timing of when he was going to be taken into custody bearing in mind it’s been 18 months. The book launch date was set months ago. Also, Jeremy has this belief people are actually more interested in him than anyone else.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@AliceUpsideDown yes but if your husband was the proprietor of the business and it got raided by Homeland Security, wouldn’t you want to know why? 

They have had a ton of time to know this was coming. If he hasn't been coordinating with lawyers and cooperating with the Feds he's an idiot and so are his lawyers.  

• Upvote 7

Just now, quiversR4hunting said:

Because they all are entitled. They all believe their shit doesn't stink and is like ice cream and everyone wants 2 scoops. 

The entire family (and most all others we follow on FJ) are just like the Duggars.

Boils down to 1 word: entitled. 

I was just getting breakfast....I think I'll wait now :)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 18

Let me clear. If he's guilty, he belongs in jail, but he had time to get his sentence reduced.  And his wide is a moron if she didn't press for answer and leave him when she found out. She has small children.  

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

So they found out before the public? And they also found out what for? Or found out with the public and didn’t know what for? Is it as clear as mud or am I missing something? Lol 

The article is dated the 30th, so I read 'yesterday' as referring to the 29th, the day he was arrested. 

But I suppose it could depend on the day the magazine spoke to Derick and Jill which "yesterday" is meant.

I suppose it is also possible they knew *something* was coming without knowing the precise date. And Derick and Jill may be less in the loop than other family members.

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

@Idlewild oh totally! No disagreement there. Although come to think about it, I’m sure the “don’t trust the Feds/government is oppressing us” fundie treadmill has been running overtime for a long time in that household, so who even knows.

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan changed the title to [CW: Child Sexual Abuse] Josh and Anna Duggar 26: Smugshot™ Jermajesty Duggar
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic