IGNORED

(CW: Child Sexual Abuse) Josh and Anna Duggar 25: Graduated from Jesus Jail to Federal Prison

samurai_sarah

Jinger's statement is better than I expected.

This must be so hard for her and her sisters to go through again. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

"Pray for their family..." BS!  How about "PAY for their family" JB and Michelle?  Because you should fund your grandchildren's lives, therapy, schooling, childcare, etc.  The M kids are the ones paying the ultimate price.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I have to believe that Anna would have the support of most fundies in this situation? Right? I know many of them excused Josh before because they used the “he was only a teen and repented” excuse. Those reasons are gone now. If Anna wants to go to a fundie family member’s house…maybe David and Priscilla’s for a while? I hope they get real therapy.

Some fundies may be sympathetic. Others will gossip behind her back that all this is her fault for not satisfying him enough.

She’d get more support from other fundies if he had come out as gay and abandoned (or been thrown out of) the family.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

By pleading guilty as soon as possible and promplty heading off for a nice long federal prison sentence. 

Sure. But that doesn't undo the damage done to the children in the images.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I don't get JinJer's statement, either.  What do they mean by "while this case must go through the legal system . . ." we condemn child abuse. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

So Ma and Pa Duggar’s biggest concern is that this gets resolved “in a timely manner”? 

Well, sure. Gotta re$olve this so they can keep the TLC / tabloid / witless followers’ money rolling in. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I don't get JinJer's statement, either.  What do they mean by "while this case must go through the legal system . . ." we condemn child abuse. 

I think it’s their way of saying, “even if he manages to get charges dropped, we still think it’s horrible”

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Deleted because I haven’t read the rules in awhile. No disrespect meant.

Reveal hidden contents

@AreYouThereGothard? It was no big deal! It was just an animated gif not behind a spoiler! I was only adding the spoiler and contacting you so you would know.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

It sounds like "we hope he will be found innocent" to me.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

7 minutes ago, ofMatthew said:

How the fuck do you resolve CSA images?

I think they mean let’s throw him under the bus as a rotten apple quickly and I can get on with negotiating sobbing interviews and Jana’s wedding special. 
JB is all about the money. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@AreYouThereGothard? It was no big deal! It was just an animated gif not behind a spoiler! I was only adding the spoiler and contacting you so you would know.

Gosh dang it, I’m rusty at this. Thank you for letting me know

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I hope Anna's non fundie siblings are in a van to AR to pick up Anna and then M's. Fuck Jim Bob and Michelle

• Upvote 25
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, DalmatianCat said:

I think it’s their way of saying, “even if he manages to get charges dropped, we still think it’s horrible”

I read it more like: we condemn child abuse but we do not condemn Josh yet as long as he is not convicted.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I'm willing to bet this could have all been prevented had Josh received real help instead of Jesus Jail.  Instead, Jim Bob and Michelle just swept the whole thing under the rug, right back to his first offenses.  And now you have six, soon to be 7 kids who will get the fallout.  The whole thing is horrible.  

I agree with the posters who believe Jim Bob and Michelle should be held accountable to some extent.  Their refusal to face reality and get Josh real psychological help when he was a teenager plays a huge role in these events.  There is absolutely no way that can be overlooked and there is NO way they can spin this into anything plausible.         

Now is the time for TLC and Discovery Plus to permanently sever ties with this fundie shitshow.  I hope people boycott hard this time around.  The Duggars have more than outlived their usefulness on TV.     I just hope we don't see any GoFundMes for them. 

Nah. If he actually likes little kiddies, having someone talk to him about it wouldn't have made him not like little kiddies. When's the last time you have heard of a reformed pedophile? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

Is an accusation like this a reason for CPS to get involved and investigate? Just to be sure? Not speculating, just worried. So many small children so close by...

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I agree - it's badly worded because neither of them are well spoken but I think the message was good.  

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

So Ma and Pa Duggar’s biggest concern is that this gets resolved “in a timely manner”? 

Hopefully they can't pay/pray their way out of this one

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Jinger and Jeremy

https://www.instagram.com/p/COTFuNir24e/

"We are disturbed to hear of the charges against Josh. While this case must go through the legal system, we want to make it clear that we absolutely condemn any form of child abuse and fully support the authorities and judicial processes in their pursuit of justice."

God these two don’t waste a minute

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

And please continue to buy our book.

• Upvote 32
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to (CW: Child Sexual Abuse) Josh and Anna Duggar 25: Graduated from Jesus Jail to Federal Prison
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic