IGNORED

(CW: Child Sexual Abuse) Josh and Anna Duggar 25: Graduated from Jesus Jail to Federal Prison

samurai_sarah

Jinger and Jeremy

https://www.instagram.com/p/COTFuNir24e/

"We are disturbed to hear of the charges against Josh. While this case must go through the legal system, we want to make it clear that we absolutely condemn any form of child abuse and fully support the authorities and judicial processes in their pursuit of justice."

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, SlamwiseGamgee said:

My main question for the moment is how the rest of the family will respond? Do you think it will be one joint statement or will JBoob and Mechelle release one as well as each of the married kids?

I think a few of the established married kids will release their own statements. Derrick and Jill already did. Jeremy probably will. John David and Joe were both devastated last time, I can see them being livid this time (Austin also!), especially since they have young children now. I can see how they decided to try the restoration last time, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re done with Josh now.

JD and Joe both seem like they’d feel very responsible for Josh’s kids.

I don’t think the newly married couples will comment.

This is so sad.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

That last sentence tells us all we need to know. ‘We love Josh and Anna and continue to pray for their family’ ... there will be no divorce. JB and M will align with and defend their pedophile son.

• Upvote 37
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

Is it true that Jim Bob and Michelle's home was searched, too, in 2019? I wonder what the whole story is here with that. 

They denied it, but if he used any devices in that house, I'm sure it was searched.

Either way, this is not new news to anyone in Josh's family.  The fake car lot was raided in 2019, ffs. 

• Upvote 14

1) jfc. I hate his slimy guts, but I did NOT want this. 

2) I'm going to troll Ted Cruz so hard

• Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

So Ma and Pa Duggar’s biggest concern is that this gets resolved “in a timely manner”? 

How the fuck do you resolve CSA images?

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I am not asking this to play Devil’s advocate, it is a genuine question, do you think Anna knows what these images depict and why this is so heinous? I feel uncertain as to what her understanding of this is as she has been so sheltered and I’m unsure whether anyone will inform her of everything that is going on. I think, speculation I know, that she may have been given a very whitewashed version of what has happened. I also think that she will want to believe Josh if he claims that it is a misunderstanding, something he downloaded accidentally. She has probably been “kept in the dark” and may only be in possession of a sanitised version of what happened. 

JMO, if she doesn't know it's her responsibility to find out.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Just now, adidas said:

That last sentence tells us all we need to know. ‘We love Josh and Anna and continue to pray for their family’ ... there will be no divorce. JB and M will align with and defend their pedophile son.

or... "he was framed!"

• Upvote 16

21 minutes ago, SteelCityHeathen said:

The affidavit said that each charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Just wondering, is it up to the judge to decided whether those would be served concurrently or consecutively?

• Upvote 9

Not that it needs to be said again, but wow JB and Michele are pieces of shit.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, adidas said:

I hope Anna’s parents, for the first time in their lives, do the right thing and help her GTFO.  That nasty pedo’s family sure as heck won’t. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 14

24 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I have to believe that Anna would have the support of most fundies in this situation? Right? I know many of them excused Josh before because they used the “he was only a teen and repented” excuse. Those reasons are gone now. If Anna wants to go to a fundie family member’s house…maybe David and Priscilla’s for a while? I hope they get real therapy.

Perhaps if he had gone to real treatment not pray away camp this could have all been avoided

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 7

10 minutes ago, adidas said:

There will be grown siblings that disagree with how JB&M handle it. I bet this won’t bring the Duggar family closer together like last time. I’m guessing there will be more distance from some of the grown siblings. Lots more.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 31
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Would it be possible to add a content warning to the title of this thread?

Well, Josh's name is in it.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 8

So if he's pleading not guilty, what are the chances this actually goes to trial? I'm not sure I've ever heard of a jury trial for this sort of case.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ofMatthew said:

How the fuck do you resolve CSA images?

By pleading guilty as soon as possible and promplty heading off for a nice long federal prison sentence. 

• Upvote 27
  • Love 5

Oh I am out of the loop, I didn't realize Jinger & her dude wrote a book. Now I wonder if there will be any cringeworthy statements concerning joshy.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to (CW: Child Sexual Abuse) Josh and Anna Duggar 25: Graduated from Jesus Jail to Federal Prison
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic