IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

Do we think it will be a free live, like the Bontrager's weddings or it will be pass protected like a zoom link? I hope it will be an open one and I will be able to join as I have done for the Bonts weddings. I'm still waiting for some more photos from Justin and Claire's wedding so I hope that this one will give us some news like Jana and Stephen or Jer and Hanna...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I have the link. I'll share it if the mods say it's okay. It's public- no password needed- but it's not searchable.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 3

I was wondering unless I missed something we are less than a week from Jed and Katey's wedding and the Duggar haven't said anything yet officially right? Will, they post something on the day like "surprise, congratulations Jed and Katey on your wedding day. We are so excited for you and to see what the Lord has in store for you in this new season of life!"? At this point I'm really be living the idea the show has been cancel as a series and will just return for specials here and there 

• Upvote 13

18 hours ago, indianabones said:

I have the link. I'll share it if the mods say it's okay. It's public- no password needed- but it's not searchable.

If it is indeed a fully public link, that would be OK. If it's a non-protected link from a private source (e.g., the livestream link is listed within a private social media account or blog entry), then no, that's not OK.

Please review our rule on the use of private information in case things aren't clear.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I was wondering unless I missed something we are less than a week from Jed and Katey's wedding and the Duggar haven't said anything yet officially right? Will, they post something on the day like "surprise, congratulations Jed and Katey on your wedding day. We are so excited for you and to see what the Lord has in store for you in this new season of life!"? At this point I'm really be living the idea the show has been cancel as a series and will just return for specials here and there 

Yeah I’m also really curious about how this is supposed to work. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, indianabones said:

It was obtained from the password protected wedding website, so it seems like that's a no-go. Thanks for the link, @hoipolloi.

Not going to lie.  I'm so disappointed that it can't be shared.  I understand why - just really want to see it. Lol

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Do we know at what time the wedding will be? I'm wondering if I will be able to join Fj waiting for some info given the time lag. I will be stuck at home all weekend thanks to our once again rising number of positive cases so I will really need something to do or to wait for, it will give me something to wait for next week instead of living every day as the previous and the follower 

• Love 6

On 3/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, Joe Pukepail said:

My mom's aunt had five children and gave them all K names. Every year, she'd sign her Christmas card, "From Gail and The Five Ks". My brain has a similar reaction to reading Kory-Kimberly-Kerry-Katey. How does anyone keep them straight?

It's hard enough when everyone has different names. I never met my great-grandpa, but we joke that whenever he was looking for one of the kids, he'd forget which one he was hollering for and just start spluttering, "BobGeorgeRedTimTerryTJ - GODDAMN IT, GET IN HERE!"

Well, this brought me a little smile, because I am Greek and almost in my 30s, I never met my great-grandma also, but we keep telling EXACTLY the same story about her! Exactly! Only the names change!

• Love 4

On 3/27/2021 at 7:17 AM, Italiangirl said:

Do we think it will be a free live, like the Bontrager's weddings or it will be pass protected like a zoom link? I hope it will be an open one and I will be able to join as I have done for the Bonts weddings. I'm still waiting for some more photos from Justin and Claire's wedding so I hope that this one will give us some news like Jana and Stephen or Jer and Hanna...

Whoa - they're getting married next week? Didn't they get engaged last month? Is that the shortest engagement on record for these people?? 

• Upvote 1

Yes to both they have the shortest engagement till now (Valentine day->3 April) and to add more strange to the already strange situation, there hasn't been any official announcement from the Duggar, not a word about it, is all a big mystery. We know about the engagement only because some editor found their pass protected Zola wedding registry and there there was photos of the engagement, then I want to say something like a few days to a week after the Nakatsu family posted on their blog a video of the engagement, but that's all. 

It will be really "fun" if the Duggar will not post anything even for the wedding and in a year or so we will see a new grandbaby and it will be Jed and Katey #1 ??

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 10

So what I think is weird (for them) is getting married the day before Easter. It feels quite odd to me to be in theory reflecting on Christ/the Resurrection etc during Holy Week, and then there's your wedding right in the middle of it?

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 13

23 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

At this point I'm really be living the idea the show has been cancel as a series and will just return for specials here and there 

If the show was cancelled, though, then the Duggars would be free to talk about it. The fact that there is radio silence is super odd to me, and I'm more leaning towards the fact that the Duggars are extremely unhappy with this match. 

40 minutes ago, DrPusey said:

So what I think is weird (for them) is getting married the day before Easter. It feels quite odd to me to be in theory reflecting on Christ/the Resurrection etc during Holy Week, and then there's your wedding right in the middle of it?

Perhaps they're choosing this date because extended family will be done for Easter so rather than travel twice, get it all done at once. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, DrPusey said:

As someone raised Catholic, I can't fathom a wedding on Holy Saturday. My grandparents had to have special permission to marry during Lent, and it was a Saturday in early Lent. It's not quite as strict as it used to be, but I'm pretty sure getting married on Good Friday or Holy Saturday is still not allowed in the Catholic Church. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, DrPusey said:

The fact they're getting married during Holy Week at all is wild to me, but maybe Baptists have different rules about this stuff?

• Upvote 6

On 3/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, Italiangirl said:

I don't get the problem of the different religions of the parents regarding the custody agreement, I mean why should that be a problem? If mom is part of a church and dad of another until they both agreed on the custody what this has to do with the agreement? Can someone explain? 

Is it a problem even when the parents aren't divorced? Maybe it's just me but I know several people in my acquaintance in rich one of the parents is religious and the other not or not so much and there isn't any problem about the kids, in the meaning that the kids decided if they align more with one or the other and act consequently going to church or not with one or the other 

I agree.  Courts don’t  are about religion at all and it would not affect a custody arrangement.

59 minutes ago, seraaa said:

The fact they're getting married during Holy Week at all is wild to me, but maybe Baptists have different rules about this stuff?

I'm not Baptist, but from my experience growing up, it was only Catholics and Orthodox Christians that really cared about Lent/Holy Week/etc. Majority of Christians (Pentecostal, Evangelical, etc) cared about Easter (Good Friday and Easter Sunday) but that was it. The rest was all "pagan ritual". 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm not Baptist, but from my experience growing up, it was only Catholics and Orthodox Christians that really cared about Lent/Holy Week/etc. Majority of Christians (Pentecostal, Evangelical, etc) cared about Easter (Good Friday and Easter Sunday) but that was it. The rest was all "pagan ritual". 

True, but I agree that as someone who grew up mainstream Protestant, I've never heard of anyone getting married on Easter weekend.

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

True, but I agree that as someone who grew up mainstream Protestant, I've never heard of anyone getting married on Easter weekend.

I grew up in a not-so-mainstream non-denominational/fundie/evangelical type church and my parents were married on a Good Friday that was also April Fools Day (they ended up getting a divorce so looking back this was not a good omen)!

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, viii said:

If the show was cancelled, though, then the Duggars would be free to talk about it. The fact that there is radio silence is super odd to me, and I'm more leaning towards the fact that the Duggars are extremely unhappy with this match. 

The silence is super odd but I can’t see it being because of them being against this match. I don’t think Jed would marry without their approval. Either her parents don’t want the publicity or something is going on with TLC.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

The Church of England wouldn't allow it. People kept wanting Kate and William to get married already, but they were waiting for Lent to pass and Easter to be over.Their church does not want people to marry during Lent and I'm guessing Holy Week is out, too! Easter was later in the year Will and Kate got married.

Here is a list of denominations that celebrate Good Friday.  I can think a few more ( for example, Episcopal) that also celebrate. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

22 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The silence is super odd but I can’t see it being because of them being against this match. I don’t think Jed would marry without their approval. Either her parents don’t want the publicity or something is going on with TLC.

Her family is the one that announced the engagement and posted the video. 

TLC didn't touch Justin and Claire's super spreader wedding, but this one seems to be mostly online, so it's weird they wouldn't even announce the courtship or engagement. 

The hold up is definitely Duggar related, imo. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

As someone raised Catholic, I can't fathom a wedding on Holy Saturday. My grandparents had to have special permission to marry during Lent, and it was a Saturday in early Lent. It's not quite as strict as it used to be, but I'm pretty sure getting married on Good Friday or Holy Saturday is still not allowed in the Catholic Church. 

My mom was annoyed that we were throwing my cousin a baby shower during Lent. Not Easter weekend - just in the season of Lent. 

3 hours ago, DrPusey said:

something something - died and gone to heaven? 

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2021 at 11:34 PM, Italiangirl said:

I don't get the problem of the different religions of the parents regarding the custody agreement, I mean why should that be a problem? If mom is part of a church and dad of another until they both agreed on the custody what this has to do with the agreement? Can someone explain? 

Is it a problem even when the parents aren't divorced? Maybe it's just me but I know several people in my acquaintance in rich one of the parents is religious and the other not or not so much and there isn't any problem about the kids, in the meaning that the kids decided if they align more with one or the other and act consequently going to church or not with one or the other 

I'm not in the US, but I suppose it's similiar than in my country. When parents divorce, if they don't agree in big questions (school, religion, etc), the Courts say they have to do what make fewer changes in the child's life. For example, if the child goes to a Christian school, but after divorce a parent wants the kid to quit the religious school, Court usually says the kid must continue in that school because that parent was previously OK with that kind of education and because changing school is hard for the kids. BUT (a big but) if the kid wasn't baptized or didn't had the Communion, and one parent wants to do it while the other doesn't, it's not authorised, because it's an act that can't be undone, so it's in stand-by until the child is 18. (*I'm not a lawyer. But that's what a friend of me who is a lawyer told me).

Many things are not a problem until divorce. Parents who happily paid for extracurricular activities, after divorce decide not to pay for it, just because that particular activity was chosen by the other parent. Parents who didn't care about religion, suddently care (just to fight with their former wife or husband), etc. I know a man who used to cut her daughter's hair each time she visited him, just to make his former wife angry and a Court had to make a decision about the child's hair! Sometimes divorce turns people very mean.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic