IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Where does Gwen get her clothes? Does she have stuff custom made?

Wherever God leads her to shop, I assume, since he's apparently in charge of her wardrobe.

I'm a little amazed she doesn't seem to have discovered Magnolia Pearl yet. She'd be perfect for their stuff. Her hair and makeup are already their aesthetic.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think she looks younger in the before pic.  Just me?

Fwiw I have just recently discovered wine (not that it existed, but one that I like) and I've noticed when I buy it at the grocery store (super fancy grocery store wine, so glamourous) I get carded 90% of the time and without make up maybe 40% of the time.   So the world at large clearly thinks I look younger with makeup for whatever that's worth.  

(Here they need to card if you look under 40....seems extreme to me but that's the law.)

She looks smoother in the after but that is a lot of work to do! It was mainly for the how to use highlighter which I think Gwen only uses highlighter to make herself look all white instead of natural. I wear makeup to have more of an even skin tone (my skin tone, not Casper's skin tone ;) ) but I still don't wear much. 

Maybe this one would be better: 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Maybe this one would be better: 

That is jaw-dropping. She looks like her own daughter! Love it.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, bloopbloopdoop said:

https://youtu.be/XIQrTE5wBao

OMFG. her dress is somehow wider than her hair... 

It looks shorter on the back now. I wonder if she gets it done at the hair salon, with all of the extensions and bump its for the hairdressers to comb through? I'd be way too embarrassed.

I wonder what year that video is. 

We have talked about it before and the caption says Copyright 2005-2017

I can't imagine anybody could successfully give Gwen any makeup, hair or clothing advice because God is her stylist. If God wants her to wear too pale foundation and a dress that doesn't fit her boob size who are you to say she shouldn't?

In Daily Wisdumb we learn that only heathens get osteoporosis and they are in constant pain. Join Remnant and your organs will last forever.

(She has a very weird idea of what life is like for people who eat.)

((I mean, I wouldn't eat either if eating made my bones hurt, all of my organs worn out and constantly exhausted.))

• Upvote 6

On 5/25/2021 at 11:41 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I really hope the child is not being subjected to the RF cult. 

She is. It's not pretty.

• Sad 5

Joe was the indeed the pilot.  His daughter was NOT on the place with him.

That's all I know for now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 8

Also updates happening from media and scanner listeners on Twitter.  (Multi part tweets in most cases so you'll have to follow the links to read more if interested). A person from RF did at least speak with the first media person I posted a tweet from)

I'll put a few under spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

FAA info indicates 7 were on board and they've found some degree of debris field, but it'll likely be awhile before there is confirmation of much from authorities.

7 was also the number relayed to LE by FAA/airport personnel when the crash was reported.

Given ownership of the plane is to individuals/a group known in the area, outside confirmation of who was involved may end up being released before anything official.

Summary of ATC audio of the last several radio transmissions with what the tower told them to do and how they do/don't correspond with what the plane was doing in response have been posted on twitter also if there are aviation aficionados.

Edited by jakesykora
Add info that someone from RF spoke with one reporter briefly
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

My content needs to be approved by a moderator (from an honest whoops of too much information ~2 years ago).... so my posts are always delayed.

It appears Gwen was on the plane!!  And the Martins!!!  And Brandon Hannah and the Walters.

I'll update as I learn more.

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

If you read the thread above, the ATC radio traffic summary and flight path are included (and it's very apparent despite what is being said by family, it was not a controlled landing.  Quick/drastic descent with alarms in the background, yes, but...

Also in the twitter link I posted above with the MSM confirmation, they're now also confirming the debris they've seen retrieved in the place the plane went down is all smaller pieces, consistent with a high impact crash.

(There are photos, but the way tweets imbed it includes multiple tweets and I don't want to overload the thread, so click the tweet above and look at the subsequent tweets if you'd like to see more photos of the scene.)

Edited by jakesykora
Confirmation posted by MSM...
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

Yikes. This is something else. So Elizabeth loses her husband and mom??

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

If you read the thread above, the ATC radio traffic summary and flight path are included (and it's very apparent despite what is being said by family, it was not a controlled landing.

Sadly, I agree. It's highly unlikely anyone survived.

ETA: A reminder to post more than just a link to a Tweet, article, video, etc. You must include content.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yikes. This is something else. So Elizabeth loses her husband and mom??

Definitely appears that way.

I know her message indicates they'll move forward with the church as God wants (although it sounds like she may genuinely have thought they might have been ok when she wrote it) but you'd have to think for people who are sure they are the end all be all of what God is doing through their group, etc. that it's got to shake her/them and question some things, even if publicly they'll likely put on a front of 'God has even bigger plans' (yada yada) to keep people engaged in RF and funding the whole operation.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

... but you'd have to think for people who are sure they are the end all be all of what God is doing through their group, etc. that it's got to shake her/them and question some things...

What is so incredibly ironic is that a MAJOR mantra of Gwen's was always "blessings and curses".  She pounded on the idea that much of what goes wrong with people's lives are because they aren't up to Gwen's standards of how to be close to God.  

They ALWAYS brought up how blessed everyone was at RF who obeyed God and followed RF/Gwen.  

Oh, the irony.

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

Definitely appears that way.

I know her message indicates they'll move forward with the church as God wants (although it sounds like she may genuinely have thought they might have been ok when she wrote it) but you'd have to think for people who are sure they are the end all be all of what God is doing through their group, etc. that it's got to shake her/them and question some things, even if publicly they'll likely put on a front of 'God has even bigger plans' (yada yada) to keep people engaged in RF and funding the whole operation.

Yikes! This is so crazy. A friend texted me and asked if Gwen died, and I couldn’t find anything on the internet so I came here knowing you guys would have the scoop. Who are the Walters?

• Upvote 5

Surprising. I will be VERY surprised if there are any survivors in this crash based on what we know. The size of the debris is ... not good. 

• Sad 5
  • I Agree 10

Just now, RFIntrigued said:

Yikes! This is so crazy. A friend texted me and asked if Gwen died, and I couldn’t find anything on the internet so I came here knowing you guys would have the scoop. Who are the Walters?

I’m trying to remember too... but I believe Jessica Walters. I haven’t been a member of RF since 2012. 

Edited by ElleHouston
My poor mind
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Since I know a lot of you all know the RF players far more than I do, who among those 7 is a pilot?

• Upvote 2

The Walters are another leadership couple who joined remnant pretty early on. One of the first remnant weddings

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I do wonder what will happen now. Will members start eating actual food now? Will the church/cult continue under new leadership? It will probably take a few years to all really shake out. I’ve only casually followed RF stuff but seeing the news was a real shock. Not how I think any of us expected her to go (accident vs body completely shutting down). 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Surprising. I will be VERY surprised if there are any survivors in this crash based on what we know. The size of the debris is ... not good. 

Definitely...

They dropped 2800 feet in under a minute, there was basically zero response to ATC on the radio when things were being relayed, but alarms were heard in the background (otherwise silence).

It'll be interesting to see what ends up beingdetermined by the NTSB as far as cause once more debris, etc. is found.

ETA: Another presser is just starting on scene.

Edited by jakesykora
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

Since I know a lot of you all know the RF players far more than I do, who among those 7 is a pilot?

Reportedly Joe Lara, but there is no confirmation yet.

Any flight plan that was filed will indicate that as well as the passenger list.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic