IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

if you are under authority with God or His God-given leaders, you do not know where or when your authority will have you go, or when or what you are going to eat,

but the devotionals you will publish will be completely predictable since it's the same schedule each year.

kuva.png.97fbe53ea0c46e780296abd6735e0e00.png

Uh, if it's all up to God why would you need the scales to fine tune your eating?

• Upvote 9

I meant to quote this insight from yesterday's post:

However, observe all the naturally Thin Eaters and the naturally thin children, and even all the animals in the wild. None of them have extra weight on them.

Gwen has watched all the thin people and noticed that they're all thin.  (Yes, well duh. If she thought they had extra weight on them she wouldn't call them thin eaters.)

Today in the Annals of No Self-Awareness

She Who Has Made An Entire Religion About Sounds Her Stomach Makes teaches us that excessive focus on your body is a bad thing, but you also totally need to work on making your body more slender shaped because God doesn't like to see your chubby booty.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

Because this will annoy any RF lurker, I need to post the desserts we had for my daughter's birthday.

Left is a citrus torte (keylime and lemon flavor) right is chocolate cake with ganache on top. 

IMG_20210501_205617.thumb.jpg.e1f1e9342bdd5e4449b514780b6dbdac.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

Today Gwen quotes imaginary statistics about the success rate of WeighDown

But I guess any diet would have a better success rate if they excommunicated the people who gain their  weight back.  No, lady, you are too fat for the Weight Watchers, you can't be photographed with us.

FB_IMG_1620131126332.thumb.jpg.6bedd13622fac6d801d544d619948fd5.jpg

Gwen only does things for God's Kingdom because it distracts her mind off eating.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen only does things for God's Kingdom because it distracts her mind off eating.

And enriches her.

• Upvote 5

Even more than the money at this point I think she cannot function unless she believes she is being worshipped. To believe that every thought you have and word you say is proof you are worthy of adulation is a helluva drug.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

She Who Recently Posted You Need To Get All Your Weight Off thinks anorexics get too thin

kuva.png.83fb125ea5002813a13cea75c2b2a17a.png

I don't even know how that would look in practice... Pray more? Read more Gwen's books? How would I work and drive a car and clean my home differently if it's time I've given to God or if it's not?

Oh and a new old video:

gwenshamblinlara

The last few weeks we’ve been watching the Greed Exposure class, filmed in 2007. Join along with us and let’s end the greed for good!
This lesson now available on YouTube!

#weighdown #greed #greedexposure #gwenshamblinlara #setfree #finance #finances #loseweight#weightloss #weightlossjourney #faithbased

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The last few weeks we’ve been watching the Greed Exposure class, filmed in 2007. Join along with us and let’s end the greed for good!
This lesson now available on YouTube!

That's interesting.  She's had them upload 5 old videos in the past day or so.  Is this what she's doing instead of providing new content?  The last "Life with Gwen and Joe" was 5 months ago.  Have things gone sour with the marriage?  Had Joe decided that there's not enough money in the world to make him stay with nutty Gwen?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't even know how that would look in practice... Pray more? Read more Gwen's books? How would I work and drive a car and clean my home differently if it's time I've given to God or if it's not?

straight up prosperity gospel right there! Dang!

6 minutes ago, Xan said:

That's interesting.  She's had them upload 5 old videos in the past day or so.  Is this what she's doing instead of providing new content?  The last "Life with Gwen and Joe" was 5 months ago.  Have things gone sour with the marriage?  Had Joe decided that there's not enough money in the world to make him stay with nutty Gwen?

Good questions. Is she in bad health? She has been starving herself for a couple decades, can't be good for her health. (Irregular heartbeat (up to heart attack), loss of bone mass, kidney & liver damage, osteoporosis, anemia, etc.) It could be catching up with her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

kuva.png.83fb125ea5002813a13cea75c2b2a17a.png

Pssst, Gwen—the expression you’re looking for is “with abandon,” as in “in a wild or uncontrolled way”—not “with abandonment,” which means something completely different.

• Upvote 8

If you feed, take care of, and worry about yourself, you are self-obsessed and love God too little.

Gwen thinks children have no awareness of their body because they just love their authority so much ...  (She must have outsourced all of her childcare because if you've ever seen a baby cry when they get hurt or hungry or colicky you've seen them exhibit awareness of their body....)

I don't know... sometimes I think Gwen is dumb and sometimes I think she is both Dumb and dumber.

Today's Pro Ana Infographic: If you starve yourself it makes God happy.

kuva.png.cc624d7ceef67def7a8f6211d02188d3.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Thank You 7

I’m a fairly intelligent, sane person and she makes NO SENSE to me. 
To which, I let out a relieved sigh. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’m a fairly intelligent, sane person and she makes NO SENSE to me. 
To which, I let out a relieved sigh. 

That's quite probably because you eat enough carbs for your brain to function.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

If someone who color coordinates other people's weddings and scolds people for gaining weight tells you it doesn't matter what you look like are you going to believe her?

kuva.png.10174bcdeac13e3566de07296832e789.png

Gwen, you are leaving things sadly halfway. Let's try AmazonGrace's Amazing Godly Dinner.

Step 1. Get on your knees and pray.

Step 2. You can buy food if you can manage it  while still on your bony knees and praying. (Previous experience has shown that ordering home delivery is easiest but if you really want to lose weight you could walk to the grocery store on your knees.)

Step 3. Get someone else to store all the food on the top shelf of your fridge or your  pantry while you're on your knees and praying.

Step 4. You can eat  anything that you can reach while still on your knees.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 7

Some days I feel that I have to chime in here and ask how it's possible that people are still following her.  Her entire message is "God doesn't want you to eat until you're full".  It makes zero sense to me.  How can anyone believe that all good, God-fearing people are skinny?  

I'd understand better if she used the diet scam to pull people in and had now moved on to a more conventional religious theory.  But, no.  She keeps banging the drum for people to stay hungry.  I know that she's gotten an entire community enmeshed and dependent.  However, with the constant "God hates food" stuff, how is she still pulling in members? -- particularly when they show up to listen to her and see what a weird looking mess that she is.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Xan said:

Some days I feel that I have to chime in here and ask how it's possible that people are still following her.  Her entire message is "God doesn't want you to eat until you're full".  It makes zero sense to me.  How can anyone believe that all good, God-fearing people are skinny?  

I'd understand better if she used the diet scam to pull people in and had now moved on to a more conventional religious theory.  But, no.  She keeps banging the drum for people to stay hungry.  I know that she's gotten an entire community enmeshed and dependent.  However, with the constant "God hates food" stuff, how is she still pulling in members? -- particularly when they show up to listen to her and see what a weird looking mess that she is.

In our experience she creates a self fulfilling prophecy. She tells you that if you follow her and lose weight, your life will get better because God will love you more... Then if you do so she's gets you a job with EI or another RF affiliate and you think "Wow, I lost weight and God gave me a new job!!" If you follow her and loose weight your life will be happier... Then if you do so  she allows you into her happy community so you think "Wow, I followed God so He gave me all these friends."

I always want to tell family and friends... God didn't give you that job, Gwen gave you that job and you better believe she'll take it away if you don't toe HER line. God didn't give you those friends, Gwen allowed you into her private club and you better believe she'll revoke your membership if SHE isn't happy with you.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 10

dear FJ. i have been lurking these threads for a few days now, and probably would have stayed a lurker forever if not for this. 

Spoiler

3C50CC8D-BCD0-478E-ABC7-3897B890C590.jpeg.bdf400eec522995c36322069d3098d15.jpeg

this picture has been haunting my dreams ever since i saw it. look at michael, on the right. he looks borderline supernatural. does anyone know what was going on with him? is it just the video quality? some kind of illness? crying? elven magic? black eye?

Spoiler

9485FAA3-C863-4EDA-83DE-2A01F5CD2954.jpeg.60af459a91bb7c160f73960ec1309142.jpeg

i think the video it’s taken from is from 2004(?), during the bond hearing for the smiths. i have never seen another picture of him where he looks this bizarre... even that christmas picture of him with the pompadour isn’t as bad as this.

video: https://www.spiritwatch.org/RFmediaclips.htm

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Smith bond hearing? What does the front row guy have to smirk about?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She who prays for God to choose her outfits is telling you not to obsess about your looks

A new video with a weird title my brain wanted to read as Does God ever give up on you. But it's Gwen.

Wow.  Gwen is looking rough and sounds even crazier than usual.  She's brought back Andy Sorrells and his wife, Maggie, to praise Weigh Down.  Andy did a video for her 11 years ago about growing up heavy and using WD to lose the weight.  So did his wife.  On this video, the wife explained that she gained a bunch of the weight back when she changed jobs and went sedentary.  She believes that God made her gain the weight back to teach her humility.  (Rationalization much?)  Andy and Maggie both regained weight and are now in the process of losing it.  They claim that no one in RF ever belittled them for gaining weight.

Gwen goes on a talking spree and brags about her nutrition credentials.  She says that she wondered about how cows could just "munch on grass all day long" and still provide calcium-rich milk.  Unable to understand this, she says that none of the books ever gave full credit to God for something she seems to think is a miracle.

Gwen says that Jesus pronounced "all foods clean".  (Isn't that convenient for junk-eating Gwen?)  There is "magic within the small and large intestines".  According to Gwen, there's a wall (Does she mean the intestinal wall?) that prevents anything dangerous from getting into the blood stream.  There are mechanisms like "taxicabs" that pick up specific nutrients.  Therefore, if your kid eats a "mudpie", there's no taxicab to transport the mud and it won't hurt you.  (This is some seriously messed up thinking.  Also, has she ever heard of people needing to call poison control over accidentally ingested substances?)

She continues on.  She thinks the acidity of the stomach "kills everything".  It digests food and sends it out in the form you need.  Your body needs about "90% carbohydrates" and most of that doesn't need to be broken down that much.  It's a "beautiful thing" so that "we don't need to worry about all that".  The body takes in, apparently, what it needs so there's no point in concerning yourself about your diet.

Gwen just loves everybody, she says and believes there's a chance for everybody.  Poor Maggie is sitting there and nodding her head like that mechanical bird that takes sips of water.  Maggie does have a moment later and she's saying that she prays more now and has her prayers answered.  She started praying at a stoplight and it turned green for her.  

Now I'm wondering even more about the whereabouts of the absent Joe...

Screenshots:

Spoiler

1165615002_Screenshot(4508).png.84196a8873a454a75df18d84cdc248e2.png2139919777_Screenshot(4507).png.21e710fe83e0ee228f25e13022cea7f0.png894378892_Screenshot(4506).png.7cb229f2a0fd5d76dedddd81b10bcf79.png487270357_Screenshot(4505).png.f0260fda44f8c2819781479a96969f00.png

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 9

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic