IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Should Gwen be in jail?  If she contributed the child's death, did law enforcement fall down on the job?

I haven't researched exactly what happened.

Then perhaps you shouldn't be opining on the death of a child by horrific abuse until you do.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even though David and Gwen are divorced, I imagine David’s heart is breaking for his kids and grandkids. David is no saint in this whole thing either. He played along with Gwen for years before the divorce. But I’m sure he’s sad for his family right now. 

From the pics on his FB page, seems like he was close to Brandon as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Should Gwen be in jail?  If she contributed the child's death, did law enforcement fall down on the job?

The Weigh Down offices were raided by the police in the aftermath of the murder.  I'm sure they found all the same clips of Gwen and Tedd telling people to spank their kids until they aren't rebellious anymore that the mainstream media quickly unearthed and disseminated...but obviously a lot of people in America spank their kids, and teaching people to spank their kids isn't the same thing as teaching people to beat their kids to death.  After the raid, Gwen and Tedd spent months frequently reiterating that a light spanking for discipline shouldn't cause any harm to the child or even leave a mark, in order to retroactively clarify their teachings that the Smiths had apparently misinterpreted.  But within Remnant, they weren't even talking about their teachings being misinterpreted--they told everyone that Joseph and Sonya were completely innocent, that Josef had a horrible demon that made him constantly rebel/swear at his parents/slam his head into walls, and that Josef had actually died of a Staph infection (an assertion which was laughed out of court despite Gwen trying to buy a doctor to be an expert witness in a failed attempt to counteract the report of the doctor who performed the autopsy).

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 10

6 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Same reason Gothard and the Pearls aren’t in jail. 

Gwen had some Pearl like teachings on child discipline along with her teachings on weight loss. Those teachings are 100 percent more disturbing than her teaching work based salvation and the trinity. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4

42 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, everyone is different but if you believe theological belief is a bigger issue than the death of a child you need to do some soul searching, if you have one.

Of course the theology led to the death of the child. I don’t care that Gwen does not believe in the Trinity but I do care that she preaches a theology that allows a kid to die and people to basically exonerate the killers. I guess I see the theology and the practice as inextricably linked because one feeds the other. 

I am not sure if that is what Harold meant but all equally outrageous.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Of course the theology led to the death of the child. I don’t care that Gwen does not believe in the Trinity but I do care that she preaches a theology that allows a kid to die and people to basically exonerate the killers. I guess I see the theology and the practice as inextricably linked because one feeds the other. 

I agree with that to a point, but I see the practices they promoted as means for control cloaked in their theology (ditto Gothard and Pearls) but not the theology itself.

Just like they cloak their quest for wealth in theology but it's just greed.  

• Upvote 7

Mr. Kool really doesn’t think the plane stalled, says something catastrophic happened.  Hopefully they find a flight recorder, but I don’t think it’s law for a small plane to have one.

• Upvote 12

10 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

He replied to my post which was a discussion about a woman who specifically said that Gwen’s teachings on work based salvation is worse than her teachings that led to child abuse. If Harold doesn’t mean that, he needs to clarify that he thinks her child abuse/starvation theology is worse than any of her theology about the trinity or the fight over if salvation is works or faith alone. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

From the outside, this whole situation is entertaining. It’s a spectacle. The eating disorder cult lady and her top leadership have died in a tragic accident. As an ex-member, it’s so much more complicated. It’s easy to gawk at the tragedy and to speculate what is to come when you’re not personally affected by it. We are still in a grieving process, even if we have chosen to be free.

Sometimes it feels like folks on the outside are too quick to tone police and vilify those of us that are at risk for speaking out. Some of us have been threatened into silence.

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, McMansion said:

From the outside, this whole situation is entertaining. It’s a spectacle. The eating disorder cult lady and her top leadership have died in a tragic accident. As an ex-member, it’s so much more complicated. It’s easy to gawk at the tragedy and to speculate what is to come when you’re not personally affected by it. We are still in a grieving process, even if we have chosen to be free.

Sometimes it feels like folks on the outside are too quick to tone police and vilify those of us that are at risk for speaking out. Some of us have been threatened into silence.

I haven't seen one post here treating this as entertainment.  I've seen a lot of compassion here for the children and other loved ones left behind.

Are you referring to people here are tone policing and being on the outside?

• Upvote 19

• Destiny locked this topic