IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

One local news channel sent a reporter to the church where they had traffic cones at the drive to prevent entry. Saturday is their regular service and someone also said a wedding was scheduled for this afternoon at a nearby house. Not important enough for major church leaders to stay in town for, obviously.

• Upvote 4

Small planes scare me. I always wonder about all the “pilots” in fundieland.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 23

28 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Ugh. I did watch that, so maybe. Not gonna lie, i found Gwen creepy as fuck.

Edit: after watching some of that video (I’ll be sending you the bill for my therapy Hoi!) I don’t think that’s it. Upon further reflection I think it was some weird event around Easter.

Have you seen the video of Joe on his hands and knees pretending to be a dog and chasing Gwen to the bedroom? That was some fucked up shit to put in a ministry video. Especially since Joe couldn’t act act himself into looking like he liked Gwen. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

To make things even more confusing, sometimes Erin Shamblin is called “Elle.”

Okay, I must have read that here or somewhere else that her name was Elle causing me to wonder who Erin was.

• Upvote 7

From the interwebs earlier today: 

Gwen Shamblin Lara's daughter, Elizabeth Hannah, sent out a text to Remnant families asking for prayers, saying the plane "had to go down for a controlled, quick landing."

(we know that didn't happen)

The text said that the Laras were on the plane, along with Remnant leaders David and Jennifer Martin, Jonathan and Jessica Walters and Elizabeth Hannah's husband, Brandon.

Correct, as far as we know. 

"More information to come, but be in prayer -- and be at peace," the message said.  "GOD IS IN CONTROL, and we will not stop moving forward with WHAT GOD WANTS with this church."

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Have you seen the video of Joe on his hands and knees pretending to be a dog and chasing Gwen to the bedroom? That was some fucked up shit to put in a ministry video. Especially since Joe couldn’t act act himself into looking like he liked Gwen. 

What the all-encompassing FUCK? 

No, thanks be to the gods, I did not. Even the mental image is horrifying. WHYYYYYYY?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

24 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

Pentacost!
Every year EVERYONE dresses up in white and even the food all has to be white. The only non-white thing at that event is the wine!

Given the wide availability of white wine you would think they'd get a good chardonnay or something.

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen’s son in law Brandon and daughter in law Erin have always been very committed to the RF church and Gwen. That’s why I say Erin would be the one to step up. Michael is overweight and is rarely in the spotlight. Elizabeth is very thin and isn’t in the spotlight much either. This is why I say it would be Erin right now. She seems devoted to RF and Gwen. I think she would get plenty of help from some of the higher ups in the group. 

Possibly, unless some of the higher ups see an opportune moment and run with it like David Miscavige did.

Still trying to work out the 130 in the last transmission - I am not a pilot, nor do I play one on the internet, but it feels like there should be more to that transmission to indicate what the 130 refers to. Even in answer to the control tower I would expect more information, even if it was just letters.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

Still trying to work out the 130 in the last transmission - I am not a pilot, nor do I play one on the internet, but it feels like there should be more to that transmission to indicate what the 130 refers to. Even in answer to the control tower I would expect more information, even if it was just letters.

There was. An earlier tweet said that ATC said to turn 130. that was actually the proper reply to ATC telling him to do something. 

I find it odd that he replied to a routine instruction but did not declare an emergency if there were in fact warning bells going off in the cockpit though. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10

Just now, Ozlsn said:

Given the wide availability of white wine you would think they'd get a good chardonnay or something.

Possibly, unless some of the higher ups see an opportune moment and run with it like David Miscavige did.

My guess is that 130 refers to the plane's orientation. If I remember correctly, the flight was to head southeast to Palm Beach International (can't remember which news site I saw that on, unfortunately). 130 would mean that the plane was heading southeast, at a 130-degree angle from due north. Imagine a circle with a line heading straight up from the center. That line and point where it intersects the outside of the circle are determined to be 0 degrees. I hope I'm stating that clearly.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I find it odd that he replied to a routine instruction but did not declare an emergency if there were in fact warning bells going off in the cockpit though. 

Fear is a hell of a drug. 

• Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Is it confirmed they passed? Her wiki is already updated with death date and passed tense verbs  

I did some Googling and haven't found anything confirming it.  I checked her Wikipedia page too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Fear is a hell of a drug. 

Also if he's started turning, it's stalled, they've started dropping... he probably wasn't focused on radio transmissions. I know in movies everyone shouts mayday into the radio, but there's not a lot of time at that altitude to fix the problem. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I did some Googling and haven't found anything confirming it.  I checked her Wikipedia page too.

Her wiki has been changed back, be careful everyone, they watch this forum intently.
  • Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Dana723 said:

The latest news source that I read said "the aircraft has not been located".  I would figure that means that there are no big pieces of it left.  This looks really bad.  I didn't like the woman but I never would have wished this on her or anyone else.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

Also if he's started turning, it's stalled, they've started dropping... he probably wasn't focused on radio transmissions. I know in movies everyone shouts mayday into the radio, but there's not a lot of time at that altitude to fix the problem. 

Oh no question, people do weird things under stress. I just found it interesting that he replied to a routine instruction instead of declaring. That said, the training for flying leads to those sort of things being instinctive, so he might have just done it out of a sort of habit. 

(Or so I have heard. I'm not a pilot nor do I play one on the internet. I just know a couple of them)

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, Xan said:

The latest news source that I read said "the aircraft has not been located".  I would figure that means that there are no big pieces of it left.  This looks really bad.  I didn't like the woman but I never would have wished this on her or anyone else.

It does look really bad but people have survived tiny plane crashes.

Edited by artdecades
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh no question, people do weird things under stress. I just found it interesting that he replied to a routine instruction instead of declaring. That said, the training for flying leads to those sort of things being instinctive, so he might have just done it out of a sort of habit. 

(Or so I have heard. I'm not a pilot nor do I play one on the internet. I just know a couple of them)

I figured he replied, started the turn and then it all went to hell. I may need to go and check the Twitter thread again though - otherwise yeah it seems a bit odd if he responded routinely while trying to fix a far more serious issue.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I figured he replied, started the turn and then it all went to hell. I may need to go and check the Twitter thread again though - otherwise yeah it seems a bit odd if he responded routinely while trying to fix a far more serious issue.

I didn't bother trying to find the audio for myself but the discussion in twitter said that the alarms could be heard on that transmission, which would indicate to me that something was going wrong already. Meanwhile, he's saying, "Yup, I'm turning left!" (or whatever direction it actually is. can't be bothered to check) instead of telling them he's got a problem. It's very odd to me. That said, again, people do things out of habit and this just may have been one of them. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

37 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

This might be a bit messed up but, one of Gwens favorite scriptures was: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. And it is ultimately her husbands wealth that led to her undoing via private plane..

Fixed that.  Joe married up. The wealth was all Gwen's.

• Upvote 14

Fixed that.  Joe married up. The wealth was all Gwen's.

Her lifestyle became much more extreme after she met Joe. As far as I know he owned multiple planes before they were together.. at the very least they were in the same tax bracket.
  • Upvote 4

I didn't bother trying to find the audio for myself but the discussion in twitter said that the alarms could be heard on that transmission, which would indicate to me that something was going wrong. Meanwhile, he's saying, "Yup, I'm turning left!" (or whatever direction it actually is. can't be bothered to check) instead of telling them he's got a problem. It's very odd to me. That said, again, people do things out of habit and this just may have been one of them. 

Maybe he was just trying to stay calm for those on board?  It is weird.  

A helicopter video posted on a news article showed a boat putting what appeared to be a piece of something with wires coming out of it approximately 4-5’ big (compared to the person picking it up).  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

A helicopter video posted on a news article showed a boat putting what appeared to be a piece of something with wires coming out of it approximately 4-5’ big (compared to the person picking it up).  

That's not good news. I continue to think that this story does not have a happy ending for the people on board that plane and their families. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

That's not good news. I continue to think that this story does not have a happy ending for the people on board that plane and their families. 

I grabbed a screenshot. This isn’t proof it’s from the plane, but the grabbed it, held it up, examined it, and put it on the boat. 

Spoiler

776D8E2D-BB3D-48D6-B096-75C7BADE3306.thumb.png.7c78288265703712622b055f3fb8b30f.png8C8584BD-300B-402F-A33F-DFCE81C11E82.thumb.png.a19b6bae409c75fc74be9188386491c4.png

• Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Maybe he was just trying to stay calm for those on board?  It is weird.  

Ignore my post.  Just saw pictures above that I was posting.  

Edited by Xan
  • Thank You 1

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic