IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

Just now, Xan said:

Pics of debris that were posted:

Hide contents

1273645951_Screenshot(4817).png.7f8158ce8b29e1a42d08582e79283e08.png483904632_Screenshot(4818).png.d844263bab74fc27a85be72cc9325b6b.png

Again, this doesn't look good.  

Ah yes, thanks. That’s the same screenshot I just grabbed. Apologies for not seeing the earlier posts- moving fast :)  

• Upvote 3

It’ll be interesting if more stories of abuse etc come out in the coming months. The church might survive this but my guess is Gwen dying will give courage to more people who’ve been silenced and her skeletons will come out and lead to the start of healing. She did grievous harm to so many people.  I hope they can begin to find peace. 

Edited by Giraffe
Not done talking
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

I believe they haven’t located the plane because it went into Percy Priest Lake. I got an alert from channel 5 around lunch saying a plane had crashed into the lake. I believe I’ve read there was a witness who saw it going in near a dock. 

One of my best friends has family at RF. I just drove by there a few weeks ago. Husband knew first husband about a decade and freaked until I told him she’d remarried. This one is really weird to me. 

ETA: Just saw the pics from the lake others posted and realized the lake wasn’t new info. 

Edited by FusterCluck
Updated info
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

The CNN article I just read identifies the plane as a small jet. 

I am completely ignorant when it comes to aviation. Does it being a jet mean it can go faster?

• Upvote 5

So there’s a YouTube channel they had, and their “trailer” shows Joe flying a plane. I understand from another forum that they/be owned several planes. The one in the video seemed older and wasn’t what I expected (which was a flashy new thing). They could have chosen an older plane for the video, though. I saw from wreckage that there were some stripes that I couldn’t match to the plane in the video. (The tail number was obscured, too). 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

Her wiki has been changed back, be careful everyone, they watch this forum intently.

No one needs to be careful. This is a public forum and people can post what they want within the few rules, period. No regular forum poster cares if RF is watching.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 20
  • Thank You 7

No one needs to be careful. This is a public forum and people can post what they want within the few rules, period.

I was just reminding people that if they are an ex-survivor and they don’t want to be cyberstalked and harassed by the church, as I have, they should be careful. Because while the conversation here is lively and important, it is neither safe nor secure.
It’s extremely important that new visitors to the site know this for their own safety.

If you don’t need to be scared, enjoy that privilege. Some of us are still in very real danger.
  • Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

There's a video from NewsChannel 5 Nashville online now.  All you can see are rescue boats out on the lake everywhere looking for debris.  It's a bigger lake than I thought and there's a small airport close to it.  I wonder if Joe detected problems and was trying to get to that airport?

They say now that they'll still be out there tonight.  I guess they're waiting until tomorrow to send divers in.  Maybe they're hoping to locate a more precise debris field.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Like many others this is not what I expected when coming here/seeing the thread hot.

This is from News 5 and says it will be updated. Only thing that was new to me was a church leader telling the reporter to leave.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newschannel5.com/news/plane-crash-reported-on-percy-priest-lake-in-smyrna%3f_amp=true

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

I was just reminding people that if they are an ex-survivor and they don’t want to be cyberstalked and harassed by the church, as I have, they should be careful. Because while the conversation here is lively and important, it is neither safe nor secure.
It’s extremely important that new visitors to the site know this for their own safety.

If you don’t need to be scared, enjoy that privilege. Some of us are still in very real danger.

Just reminding you that you are in our house and here we don’t tell other posters how to post. If you are in some sort of danger maybe public posting is not for you.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 5

A thought just occurred to me. People have often commented on how miserable Joe looks. What if on realizing what he had gotten himself into, he saw no way out and devised a way to end the tyranny of Gwen and along with other church leaders? Of course, I also always wonder about those one car car crashes, if they were suicide attempts. So it could just be me!

• Angry 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

Just reminding you that you are in our house and here we don’t tell other posters how to post. 

Since it’s a public a public forum,I can offer my opinion however I see fit as long as it doesn’t break the “few rules we have here”.
There’s no reason to be passive aggressive, this is a sensitive enough time without that garbage.

I didn’t tell anyone to do anything, and they can feel free to ignore me.
  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

A thought just occurred to me. People have often commented on how miserable Joe looks. What if on realizing what he had gotten himself into, he saw no way out and devised a way to end the tyranny of Gwen and along with other church leaders? Of course, I also always wonder about those one car car crashes, if they were suicide attempts. So it could just be me!

I’d personally would rather not put that particular tin foil hat on.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

I wondered this, too. I’m sure this is one of the possibilities they routinely look into in cases like this. 

Edited by Giraffe
Changed phrasing
  • Upvote 5

Just now, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

Since it’s a public a public forum,I can offer my opinion however I see fit as long as it doesn’t break the “few rules we have here”.
There’s no reason to be passive aggressive, this is a sensitive enough time without that garbage.

You did not offer an opinion. You offered a warning that was tantamount to policing the postings of our members. Also, I think I was pretty damn direct, which is the exact opposite of passive aggressive.

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1

You did not offer an opinion. You offered a warning that was tantamount to policing the postings of our members. Also, I think I was pretty damn direct, which is the exact opposite of passive aggressive.

You are now swearing at me, so I won’t justify you with any further response, hope you have a good night :)
  • Upvote 6
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 12
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Joe liked Gwen’s money. He also seemed to love his daughter. I would hate for her to read speculation like that.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Not all one car crashes are actually one car. I had a crash reported as a “single car accident”. I swerved my car off the road to avoid t-boning a moron who pulled out in front of me on a highway.  Since I was successful in not hitting him, it technically was a one car crash. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Given the speed on impact, reconstruction will take a while, and the cause of the crash won't be known for some time. 

I know one couple left behind three young children, and of course, Elizabeth's husband left behind four children.  

(website is working again, may have only crashed from traffic)

I'm still shocked.  I saw the thread was hot, and thought "oh Gwen must have a new crazy video up, this will be a nice distraction."  

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

Speaking of tin foil hats... Does anyone know if Gwen’s followers were into conspiracy theories? Sometimes those overlap with fundies. 

I know they didn’t take the pandemic seriously. But besides that. 

• Upvote 6

I realize my speculation could seem insensitive, and  I certainly do have sympathy for the family members, especially the children. It is a sad day, no matter how one feels about the church. 

Edited by Nonbeliever
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Could we maybe update the thread title in light of current events? Just as a warning for unsuspecting new readers. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7

1 minute ago, Exchange Atheist said:

Could we maybe update the thread title in light of current events? Just as a warning for unsuspecting new readers. 

Excellent point. We'll do that. Thank you!

• Thank You 8

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic