• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• 47of74

• fraurosena

17 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20210212_luckovich1.JPG

My only criticism is that he should have specified Eugene Goodman by name.  I know there were others who acted bravely but Eugene Goodman was truly a standout. 

• Upvote 10

18 hours ago, 47of74 said:

That would be except all thin mints.  Before the pandemic the girls would set up shop at the entrances of some of the department stores and grocery stores and if I happened by I'd often be happy to buy some thin mints from them.  I let them keep the change too.

Last year our state's COVID response put the kibosh on those store entrance sales. Fortunately our local drugstore chain stepped in and bought the entire inventory and sold them in their stores. This past year CVS bought out the local chain, so I'm not optimistic that will happen again. I hope they find a contact-less way to sell their cookies.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Last year our state's COVID response put the kibosh on those store entrance sales. Fortunately our local drugstore chain stepped in and bought the entire inventory and sold them in their stores. This past year CVS bought out the local chain, so I'm not optimistic that will happen again. I hope they find a contact-less way to sell their cookies.

In my area, there are drive through cookie sales with minimal contact. They are also pushing ordering online. In fact, I ordered some and will be picking them up this evening.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The Late Show has a tradition of making some funny comment when showing a politician's picture, usually by saying "John Smith, seen here _______ (insert funny thing)" or "Senator and __________ (insert funny description) John Smith."

Last night, they froze on this picture, and Colbert described the person pictured as:

Spoiler

image.png.04a7c2954e2b22de7470e7aa62591372.png

South Carolina senator and Pillsbury Proud Boy, Lindsay Graham.

Edited by thoughtful
fixing my misquote
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

B2D21197-DA83-4E5B-A646-1950CEC7D2B6.thumb.jpeg.1ad6a0ac4054cdc5946902212bf4ac4a.jpeg

yeah pretty much 

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic