IGNORED

jinder's Dresses 2: Duggar Wedding Gowns

Coconut Flan

It’s a nice dress. I just can’t handle the “loose” modest fit. That dress needed taking in at the bodice. Claire’s was the same. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Removed- sorry wrong thread- will repost it under the right one now

Edited by Sops2
Wrong thread
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

I didn't see Anna on the livestream. I saw quite a  bit of Josh who had charge of the younger kids.He pushed the pram (stroller) down the aisle and had 2 other Ms with him.Then you saw him with one in his arms.  One child was the ring bearer.  Where was Anna? Josh was definitely in charge of the kids.

I saw Lily Swanson too.- she's grown up a lot since we last saw her.

Katey's half brother stopped halfway down the aisle and Nathan Bates stood up to speak to him. Looked as if they knew each other.

Lordy she may have been in the bridal party... 

• Upvote 4

The dress in itself seems nice enough. No frankenstein alterations, so that is already a plus. After that, it's mainly a question of personal taste and preferences.

As for the hair.... I know we've talked about the hair before. Fundie women seem to LOVE the long wavy hair for their wedding day. I get it, if long hair is what they feel prettier in, it's their call. Personnaly, I tend to prefer when the face and front of the dress is at least cleared off of any hair, that way it stands out more. They could easily do a half-up/half-down hairdo where there's no hair in their face or in front of the dress, but still have it long and wavy in the back. Just my 2 cents really.

• Upvote 5

I am torn on the hair. On the one hand, they should wear it however they like. On the other hand, this is probably the first and last day they will ever have that is actually about them so nobody should be telling them to cheap out on the hair. I have worn my hair in some version of a bun for the past 20 years 99+ days out of 100 but I sure wanted it up nice for my wedding photos.

• Upvote 5

I think she's gorgeous, and all the Duggar DILs are way out of their husband's league lol. Katey's dress isn't my style, but I like it overall. I like the V-neck, which none of the other Dugg brides have done; I don't think the bodice lace and skirt ruffles are terribly mismatched; I like that she went bold with the long veil; I think she could pull off any silhouette and the full ballgown skirt doesn't overwhelm her. I can't tell if her dress has cap-sleeve lining or on-the-shoulder lining of the illusion sleeves, but if it's cap-sleeve lined that'd be the only thing I particularly dislike. 

Hair-wise, it looks like Katey *did* try and do the half-up look, and just got a bit straggly by the time all these photos were taken haha. You can see it pulled back, in the photo Jed posted on social media. I suppose no amount of heat and hair product can hold hair in a perfect wave through a whole wedding xD

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Kateys dress is definitely in the top 3 Duggar dresses so far, too bad it did not fit properly.

• Upvote 2

I think I would definitely fit Katey’s dress in my top quarter. Maybe third after Jinger’s and Lauren’s. I like the lace and neckline as well as the skirt. 

• Upvote 4

I liked her dress a lot more before I got a good look at the sleeves. It's a cap sleeve under/over? a lace sleeve? What the hell is that about? Looks like arm warmers pushed up with a t-shirt.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Katey's dress is in my top quarter as it has a nice neckline and the lace although I wish it were designed to fit her better. I think Anna had the worst dress as it looks like someone took a silk t-shirt and put a ballroom skirt on the bottom of it.

My updated list:

1. Jinger (unchallenged)

2. Kendra

3. Lauren

4. Jessa

6. Abbie, Claire

8. Katey

9. Jill

10. Anna

I just don’t like it? I mean yeah, no bad alterations? But apart from Anna and Jill there haven’t been any anyway, so it’s not a big surprise? The bodice is standard but a tad to wide. The skirt looks like scraps of tulle. And not the nice ones like Kendra’s or Jessa’s but uneven and randomly attached. And not in a cool, relaxed way.
The hair looks like it was maybe curled nicely but they have fallen out hours ago. And it’s a hairstyle that swallows a lot of her upper body when she has the hair in the front. 

I will say, the blue suit trend, while everywhere for an substantial amount of time now, is still looking fresh and for them investing in one well fitting blue suit will save them tons of money. That’s like the fifth? Seventh? wedding a man could wear it - including his own. If there ever was a staple item for Fundie man, that’s it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Now that I've had some time to sit and stew over it.....new rankings for the Duggar sisters! 

Jinger > Lauren > (gap) Kendra, Abbie, Jessa > Katey (solely bc of that cap sleeve lining..) and Claire > (big gap) Joy > Anna > Jill

for overall wedding aesthetic: Jinger > Claire (venue!!) > Joy (backdrop!!) > Katey > Abbie (portapotties at an airplane hangar..) > Kendra (predictable) > Lauren > Jill > Jessa (though the groomsmen outfits redeem it somewhat) > Anna  

And just to add, because the Bates don't have their own bridal/wedding style thread....I'm very curious to see what the very different styles of Katie, Esther, and Tiffany bring to the mix xD 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Now that I've had some time to sit and stew over it.....new rankings for the Duggar sisters! 

Jinger > Lauren > (gap) Kendra, Abbie, Jessa > Katey (solely bc of that cap sleeve lining..) and Claire > (big gap) Joy > Anna > Jill

for overall wedding aesthetic: Jinger > Claire (venue!!) > Joy (backdrop!!) > Katey > Abbie (portapotties at an airplane hangar..) > Kendra (predictable) > Lauren > Jill > Jessa (though the groomsmen outfits redeem it somewhat) > Anna  

And just to add, because the Bates don't have their own bridal/wedding style thread....I'm very curious to see what the very different styles of Katie, Esther, and Tiffany bring to the mix xD 

Oh they do. Bates wedding dresses rating

There wasn’t a wedding „in a long time“ so it was hidden a bit further back. 

• I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Oh they do. Bates wedding dresses rating

There wasn’t a wedding „in a long time“ so it was hidden a bit further back. 

Oh you're right there is ? I've even posted in it and everything, just forgotten lol. Well regardless, the latest two Duggar weddings added some fashion fun, hopefully upcoming Bates weddings add some variety too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

My ranking is

Lauren, Jinger, Katey, Jessa, Kendra, Abbie, Claire, Joy, Anna, Jill

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I love Hannah’s dress, bridesmaids’ dresses and color, and celebration (from what I’ve seen). Also her shoes-

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I love Hannah’s dress, bridesmaids’ dresses and color, and celebration (from what I’ve seen). Also her shoes-

I missed the shoes. Did she at least wear heels, or were those out because Jer is so short?

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I missed the shoes. Did she at least wear heels, or were those out because Jer is so short?

Yes, the shoes posted were fancy heels heels.

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I like that type of bridesmaid styling - where the dresses are all the same color, but slightly different styles. Very pretty color too.

Jessa’s wedding dress is still my favorite. But all of the recent ones are very nice. I kind of like the looser fit several have had. I know they likely do it for modesty - but it looks more comfortable to me. And also more modern. 

• Upvote 2