IGNORED

jinder's Dresses 2: Duggar Wedding Gowns

Coconut Flan

Hello Snark Lords and Bridal Attire Aficionados!

Here are the first photos of Claire’s dress. I will be doing a review and updated ranking once the wedding special drops. 

Spoiler Alert: I’m underwhelmed 

Spoiler

766CF53D-E63C-47E0-8E64-2D5D197AE055.jpeg.9134367fe23bfe53b0a29a7f90a0a9ba.jpeg2E206D58-69D3-433F-B3B2-6ECE2136F3D1.jpeg.59f8af703248179e02c4eb77b32d9fb8.jpeg

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

I feel the dress is a little bit too big on Claire I would have liked more fitted, overall I don't dislike it but I don't even really like it. It seems kinda...beige? I can't find a better word at the moment. There is nothing that makes her stand out, I don't know I was expecting something more unique maybe.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

@viiiI'm truly glad I'm not the only one who thinks this lol, like buy an actual modest dress instead of putting in a panel! and the bottom I didn't notice the pattern? with the lace?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I think that Kay (Katie Bates’ future sister in law) wedding dress is the best so far and pulled off the aesthetic that Claire was trying too. Though I have no idea why she decided to “blonde” up for her wedding when she looks lovely natural.  

• Upvote 7

I think (?) the modesty panel has been made with the same lace as the layer things on the skirt. 

At this stage I like the cap sleeves. I need to see more photos of the dress before making a final decision about my thoughts. 

• Upvote 2

I like it, I think the modesty panel lace, and the lace on the sleeves makes it look better than it would without it. Personally I prefer not super fitted on wedding dresses, because I’d want to leave room for cake ? and the tight ones look uncomfortable to me. But that might be just me ?

Definitely not my favorite Duggar bride dress, but pretty, and the hair and kind of casual boho/ country vibe is nice on such a young bride. It looks a little like a GunneSax (?) dress from the early 80’s. Something you’d wear to an outdoor wedding. With all the constant talk of how young Justin looks, she may have been aiming for a less fancy style for herself- to be more on the same age level appearance wise.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5

Spoiler

I like it better without the modesty panel, and see no need for that panel, but I'm not a fundie trying to show the world how modest I am.

Those horizontal lace stripes could make somebody look really short and hippy if they fell in the wrong place. Mind you, in Duggarland childbearing hips are an assey, and it's likely preferable that the submissive wife is shorter yhan her husband.

As far as how I rank this dress compared to the others, I'm not sure yet. Come to think of it I can't remember what Abbie's dress even looked like, but I think it was similar to this as far as shape/style. I'm pretty underwhelmed by the dress, but it's not the worst.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

This is stunning, but probably too many eye traps for these people.

Good point. Too bad; I like it!

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

My friend’s daughter wore that dress ( exact design, maybe the material print was different) at her 2016, outdoor wedding. She’s over 6 ft and really wore it well.

• Love 1

The style of the dress is ok, but the stupid modesty panel ruins it. And the lace edges on the sleeves look cheap and unfinished. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Also too interesting for them, all these girls have super basic, boring style.

• I Agree 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My friend’s daughter wore that dress ( exact design, maybe the material print was different) at her 2016, outdoor wedding. She’s over 6 ft and really wore it well.

Ooh. I bet it looked beautiful. If I were dressing sombody in it i would likely pair it with a fascinator/birdcage veil and 1930's finger waves. Maybe some t-strap heels.

If I were in need of a modest dress it would be a contender. This modern bohemian hussy is in love with dresses from Rue de Seine, although I wish they'd make the Shanti and the Atlas with a touch of colour and sparkle because I love the mermaid shape and the lacework. That being said, there is no wedding or occaision for me to wear such a gown anytime on the horizon.

https://ruedeseine.com/collections/golden-rhapsody

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

At least, Claire's dress is slightly better than Anna's satin t-shirt dress.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I went ahead and looked up Abbie's dress because I remember it being similar to Claire's (somewhat generic lace cap sleeved with full skirt). Of the two, Abbie's wins for me because it looks less like a victim of Frankenmodesty.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

At least, Claire's dress is slightly better than Anna's satin t-shirt dress.

See, and I think Anna's is better for two reasons. 

1.) Their wedding in general was pretty plain - they didn't have the huge productions that the other married couples got because they were the first and while it was filmed, I'm not sure TLC paid for anything. Claire's dress also makes me think it was family bought and TLC didn't pay/film any of this wedding. 

2.) Josh and Anna got married in 2008 (although it seems longer). I feel like fashion in general has changed SO much since then, with there being a lot more fashionable, modest options now. All the other Duggar brides have managed to find modest dresses that aren't completely heinous. 

• Upvote 10

Looking at the sneak peek video on Justin's instagram, I must say that the skirt and train on Claire's dress are very pretty. The modesty panel is distracting and looks like an afterthought.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

The back of the dress is quite pretty. And I’ve noticed that of so many wedding dresses, my own included. Maybe the designers make the back of the dress so pretty because they know that the audience will be spending lots of time looking at it? LOL. These 2 should be headed off to college, not the maternity ward.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

If Jana is courting and a wedding is on the cards, I would like to contribute to the discussion by adding what I imagine Jana to wear her on wedding day [whenever that is!]

I think she'll go with something similar to any of these, perhaps even more understated.

IMG_35932-683x1024.jpg
Rebecca-Ingram-Mercy-Leigh-20RT308-Main-
tr11985-modest-lace-flutter-sleeve-gown-374c8883933bfe235cafc615189b27e9.jpg

• Upvote 7

I think Jana might surprise us and do a glam, princess style look. Ballgown, tiara, the works... I'd love to see her wedding vision board. Because we all know she has one!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2