IGNORED

Trump 51: The Lame Duck a l‘Orange

GreyhoundFan

I've been scared for four years. Now, I'm terrified. Rationally, I trust that things will be okay and we will have a peaceful transfer of power. I was an adult in 2000 and followed that election carefully, but this mess and misdirection is terrifying.

That's Trump. He puts the dick in dictator.

• Upvote 18

The whining is ridiculous:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

This thread is crazy because this is all so obviously a scam and these people are falling for it. Like they don't sell brains to Republicans?

Also, I predict a covid outbreak for the rally attendees.  

• Upvote 9

How the eff is going back three weeks going to help him? That's still after the election that he lost. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

How the eff is going back three weeks going to help him? That's still after the election that he lost. 

Maybe he's referring to losing (again and again and again) in court.  Who cares what the voters want?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

No social skills 

His diaper was full?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

If I had to listen to him say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over in person, I'd be spiking his Diet Coke with a copious amount of Valium and/or Xanax.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

His diaper was full?

LOT's of speculation, possibly quite realistic, that he'd dropped a load. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

This ticks me off royally. He pauses his lying and bitching to flip his middle fingers at America. "On his way out of office, Trump appoints Conway, Chao to government positions"

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he would appoint former White House aide Kellyanne Conway to the board of visitors of the U.S. Air Force Academy.

The president also announced the nominations of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and Lynn Friess, the wife of Republican megadonor Foster Friess, as members of the board of trustees of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, would be named to the Library of Congress Trust Fund Board, Trump said.

The news came in a list provided by the White House of more than two dozen intended appointments to “key administration posts” — consisting mostly of seats on panels including the National Cancer Advisory Board, Puerto Rico’s Financial Oversight and Management Board, the Community Development Advisory Board, and others.

Conway, who served as counselor to the president from the outset of the administration until her resignation in August, was the most prominent name on that list. She most recently acted as an adviser to Trump’s 2020 campaign.

Trump rolled out a similarly lengthy roster of appointments last week. He said he would name Pamella DeVos, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos’ sister-in-law, to the Kennedy Center board of trustees, and Brian Hook, the former U.S. special representative for Iran, to the board of trustees of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

40 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This ticks me off royally. He pauses his lying and bitching to flip his middle fingers at America. "On his way out of office, Trump appoints Conway, Chao to government positions"

Can Biden remove them?  The thought of Chao and Devos named to the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts sickens me.

• I Agree 8

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

No social skills 

Fuck him and fuck Gable too.  If Gable had any fucking honor he would have turned down the award from fuck face.  I would never accept an award from the orange fuck government. 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Can Biden remove them?  The thought of Chao and Devos named to the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts sickens me.

I don't believe so. The Kennedy Center Board of Trustees is set by US Code. The current FLOTUS is always the honorary chair, along with the living previous First Ladies. Then there are some member of the cabinet and selected other named officials, such as the head of the National Park Service and the Smithsonian. There are 36 trustees appointed directly by the POTUS for six year terms.

As Secretary of Education, Betsy is a current trustee, I guess Twitler appointing her sister-in-law is to make Betsy feel better about being kicked out soon.

By the way, one of Twitler's appointees last year was Mike Huckabee. Yuck.

• Thank You 8

I'm at the point now of hoping they have secret service agents armed with tranquilizer darts on the day of the inauguration. 

Anyone else doing this... literally anyone else, would be headed for a rubber room at this point. How complete a break from reality does he have to have before somebody gets him some treatment? Or at least locks him away somewhere he can't cause any more damage to himself, the country, and the entire world? 

Our current president is not only refusing to do his job, he's also completely loony and has lost any grasp on reality he might once have had. Worse, he's managed to spread his insanity to a large portion of the population, and is doing his level best to prevent any chance of success by the following administration.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

29 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm at the point now of hoping they have secret service agents armed with tranquilizer darts on the day of the inauguration. 

Anyone else doing this... literally anyone else, would be headed for a rubber room at this point. How complete a break from reality does he have to have before somebody gets him some treatment? Or at least locks him away somewhere he can't cause any more damage to himself, the country, and the entire world? 

Our current president is not only refusing to do his job, he's also completely loony and has lost any grasp on reality he might once have had. Worse, he's managed to spread his insanity to a large portion of the population, and is doing his level best to prevent any chance of success by the following administration.

This is completely and utterly the fault of the congressional republicans. They have had ample chance to get rid of him in the past four years. They wilfully chose to keep Trump in office, even after he was impeached with overwhelming evidence against him. Even now, they are still wilfully choosing not to stop him in his tracks by declaring he lost the election. They kept him in office so they could stack the courts with as many conservative judges as possible. They're not saying anything now precisely because they want to thwart any success by the Biden administration, thereby enhancing their chances in the next elections. They're not speaking out against the clusterfuck of idiotic lawsuits, because they believe that it will rile up the base in GA and get them out to vote and hold on to their majority in the Senate.

It's their fault, and their's alone that Trump is being propped up in office. What do they care what damage he does, as long as it doesn't directly affect them personally? Only when they are affected by Trump's antics will they dare to publicly say something against him  (*cough* Brian Kemp *cough*).

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

And even if nobody had lost an election before, after winning Ohio and Florida.. it does not change anything?! seriously.. When I was watching TV on election night here, they were talking about those kinds of 'statistics'.

'generally' the election is won by the person that wins Florida and all of that.. WELL, if you are a schmuck and can't convince the mayority of the people (he couldn't do that 4 years ago either) AND the mayority of the electoral college, you loose. It sure does not seem like that concept is that hard to follow...?

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, SeekingAdventure said:

And even if nobody had lost an election before, after winning Ohio and Florida.. it does not change anything?! seriously.. When I was watching TV on election night here, they were talking about those kinds of 'statistics'.

'generally' the election is won by the person that wins Florida and all of that.. WELL, if you are a schmuck and can't convince the mayority of the people (he couldn't do that 4 years ago either) AND the mayority of the electoral college, you loose. It sure does not seem like that concept is that hard to follow...?

Exactly.

I never heard networks or pollsters say a candidate couldn't win if they lost both Florida and Ohio, just that they'd have to win  some of the others that Hillary didn't carry in 2016.  Which Biden managed to do.

• Upvote 9

It's simple math, really.

Which is why it's so difficult for Trump and many of his followers. They are an odd combo of incompetent at the basics and obsessed with over-complication.

They can't understand that if you get more votes in that state, you win that state. Or that if you want to present evidence to a court, you have to actually present that evidence to that court.

But many of them do believe Trump is fighting a worldwide cabal of cannibalistic satanic lizard-people pedophiles, who have somehow managed to create their own shadow government that's really in charge of the US while working in tandem with dead people like Chavez and Fidel Castro all while keeping it on the down-low from everybody on the planet except one anonymous source named Q.

Stupidity combined with gullibility and mixed in with anger and racism = Trump.

• Upvote 12

xkcd made a great point about election precedents in this 2012 comic:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4345c8d1a5c7d9cd5f7de706dc1ad967.png

[Mouseover caption: "No white guy who's been mentioned on Twitter has gone on to win." Which, well, yeah.]

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic