IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 7: Biden Starts Working While Trump Tries To Blow Up The World

GreyhoundFan

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Trump Jr - Name recognition, no experience, apparently the Trump user base likes the idea of completely incompetent leaders, would just do what his dad says to do, but young enough to appeal to gen x and millennial conservatives, but old enough to not scare off the boomers. Downsides: he's Trump Jr and his face and everything about him 

trump senior's face surprisingly hasn't been a hinderance.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, srlm said:

trump senior's face surprisingly hasn't been a hinderance.  

Yeah, his stupid butt face and ugly "hair" seems to just give him some sort of non-relatability. It's so weird, Boris Johnson does that intentionally, to seem relatable. Trump does it because he is mentally ill and thinks it looks good. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Howl said:

somebody noted on twitter today that trump is going through the stages of grief, 

1. denial
  2. anger
  3. bargaining
  4. depression
  5. acceptance

Denial (I won!)

Anger (tweeting in rage caps)

And now he's pinballing between anger, bargaining (can I pardon myself and all my family?), depression and back to anger. 

Did you all that watched the presser today think that he'd been medicated (uppers? downers?).  I guess the steroids that were keeping him so very high after his brush with Covid have worn off. 

Yep, posted above that he was medicated.

It could be the steroids wearing off, but if the many rumors going back decades to now that he abuses adderall are true it explains a lot about how differently he presents at times, and it explains times like these that they have him on downers so he can function.

(abusing adderall is a completely different thing than taking it properly under a doctors care.)

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep, posted above that he was medicated.

It could be the steroids wearing off, but if the many rumors going back decades to now that he abuses adderall are true it explains a lot about how differently he presents at times, and it explains times like these that they have him on downers so he can function.

(abusing adderall is a completely different thing than taking it properly under a doctors care.)

I thought Trump was vehemently anti drug and alcohol use? Another lie, perhaps?

• Upvote 8

If Trump leaves the WH then I'd expect him to try to run his businesses again (officially).  Perhaps Udvay and Quesay are having some concerns about job security?

I'm also wondering what impact Trump's massive debts might have on his children, under various circumstances.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

15 hours ago, Howl said:

Oh my gosh, y'all, I LOVE a sick burn and throwing shade like a total eclipse of the sun: 

If you'll remember, findsomethingnew.org is Ivanka's gift to those who have been gutted financially by job loss due to the pandemic. 

I knew RYP had a sense of humour, but I didn't realise he was that good at the burn. (I have nearly every edition of "World's Most Dangerous Places" - useful guide, fun read.

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know - I'm just pissy.  Just read that when he said what he did about "whichever administration" NBC cut away and stopped airing him.  They ALL need to do this when he lies.

I know, BEC, but how did his whole head go gray?  The roots I get, I'm self care isn't on his agenda atm, but all of it?  Was he using temporary color?  It's only been a week and a half.

The glamour spell wore off? He pissed off whichever fae he bought it off?

13 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm also wondering what impact Trump's massive debts might have on his children, under various circumstances

My care factor is... well, minimal. I just want them all to go away. Go away into relative poverty and obscurity is even better. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

My care factor is... well, minimal. I just want them all to go away. Go away into relative poverty and obscurity is even better. 

You’re being way too nice. I want all of them indicted for their crimes. I want to see all their disgustingly dirty laundry on full public view. I want them doing hard time because of it. I want the Trump name to live on in infamy in the annals of history. 
The best thing about my wishes is that there is more than a distinct possibility they will come true.

The only ones I feel sorry for are the minor children. They didn’t choose their shitty (grand)parents or the shitty things they do. Poor kids.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

14 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just caught some - he's definitely medicated.  

Idk who is dosing him so he can come off subdued and serious while still able to remain upright and still read the teleprompter, but kudos as that's a hard sweet spot to hit.

I watched some clips and he was for sure medicated. I'm honestly surprised he was able to read the script they wrote for him because he seemed pretty out of it. WTF is going on with his hair, though?! It really is white. He absolutely adored his hair so he must be in a bad spiral if he has let it go white. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I thought Trump was vehemently anti drug and alcohol use? Another lie, perhaps?

Maybe he’s one of those who believes it’s okay if a doctor prescribes it(and has the clout/money to find said doctor even if’s it’s not medically indicated).

Or, he just thinks the rules don’t apply to him.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Or he is finally realizing that sometimes the rules do apply to him and no matter how many temper tantrums he has the world knows he lost the election. Perhaps the shock of this has turned his hair white. Maybe he has just been so busy instructing lawyers to file lawsuits that he simply hasn’t found the time to see his hairdresser.

• Upvote 14

I'm starting to feel orange poop stain is using these lawsuits as a smoke screen. The fact that they are all really weak and keep getting thrown out is just a distraction. 
The real reason is to buy time so he can burn all the evidence of his crimes 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm starting to feel orange poop stain is using these lawsuits as a smoke screen. The fact that they are all really weak and keep getting thrown out is just a distraction. 
The real reason is to buy time so he can burn all the evidence of his crimes 

Interesting, I can really see that. And raise money. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

The flop-sweat of his desperation is just oozing from these tweets.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 2
  • WTF 7

From the piece on Giulani:

they are concerned Mr. Giuliani is damaging not only Mr. Trump’s remaining legal options, but his legacy and his future opportunities in politics as he considers another campaign in 2024.

Bless him if he does. Damage away!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 7

20 hours ago, adidas said:

Putting this here for two reasons:

1. Interesting but infuriating. From my very limited understanding.

Which brings me to:

2. I don’t understand it and am hoping someone might explain ?. Is it because it’s 5am? Or is it because once again Electoral College stuff is really confusing for me? 

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/how-donald-trump-could-hijack-the-election-results-through-the-electoral-college/news-story/753f0229a31faab307212a8f6d53eba8

It turns out this dirty scheme isn't going to work either.

GOP leaders in 4 states quash dubious Trump bid on electors

Republican leaders in four critical states won by President-elect Joe Biden say they won’t participate in a legally dubious scheme to flip their state’s electors to vote for President Donald Trump. Their comments effectively shut down a half-baked plot some Republicans floated as a last chance to keep Trump in the White House.

State GOP lawmakers in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have all said they would not intervene in the selection of electors, who ultimately cast the votes that secure a candidate’s victory. Such a move would violate state law and a vote of the people, several noted.

“I do not see, short of finding some type of fraud — which I haven’t heard of anything — I don’t see us in any serious way addressing a change in electors,” said Rusty Bowers, Arizona’s Republican House speaker, who says he’s been inundated with emails pleading for the legislature to intervene. “They are mandated by statute to choose according to the vote of the people.”

The idea loosely involves GOP-controlled legislatures dismissing Biden’s popular vote wins in their states and opting to select Trump electors. While the endgame was unclear, it appeared to hinge on the expectation that a conservative-leaning Supreme Court would settle any dispute over the move. 

Still, it has been promoted by Trump allies, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, and is an example of misleading information and false claims fueling skepticism among Trump supporters about the integrity of the vote.

The theory is rooted in the fact that the U.S. Constitution grants state legislatures the power to decide how electors are chosen. Each state already has passed laws that delegate this power to voters and appoint electors for whichever candidate wins the state on Election Day. The only opportunity for a state legislature to then get involved with electors is a provision in federal law allowing it if the actual election “fails.”

If the result of the election was unclear in mid-December, at the deadline for naming electors, Republican-controlled legislatures in those states could declare that Trump won and appoint electors supporting him. Or so the theory goes.

The problem, legal experts note, is that the result of the election is not in any way unclear. Biden won all the states at issue. It’s hard to argue the election “failed” when Trump’s own Department of Homeland Security reported it was not tampered with and was “the most secure in American history.” There has been no finding of widespread fraud or problems in the vote count, which shows Biden leading Trump by more than 5 million votes nationally.

Trump’s campaign and its allies have filed lawsuits that aim to delay the certification and potentially provide evidence for a failed election. But so far, Trump and Republicans have had meager success — at least 10 of the lawsuits have been rejected by the courts in the 10 days since the election. The most significant that remain ask courts to prevent Michigan and Pennsylvania from certifying Biden as the winner of their elections.

But legal experts say it’s impossible for courts to ultimately stop those states from appointing electors by the December deadline.

“It would take the most unjustified and bizarre intervention by courts that this country has ever seen,” said Danielle Lang of the Campaign Legal Center. “I haven’t seen anything in any of those lawsuits that has any kind of merit — let alone enough to delay appointing electors.”

Even if Trump won a single court fight, there’s another major roadblock: Congress would be the final arbiter of whether to accept electors submitted by Republican legislatures. If the Democratic-controlled House and GOP-controlled Senate could not agree on which electors to accept and who becomes president, the presidency would pass to the next person in line of succession at the end of Trump and Vice President Mike Pence’s term on Jan. 20. That would be House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat. 

“If this is a strategy, I don’t think it will be successful,” said Edward Foley, a constitutional law professor at Ohio State University. “I think we’re in the realm of fantasy here.”

But unfounded claims about fraud and corruption have been circulating widely in conservative circles since Biden won the election. Asked this week if state lawmakers should invalidate the official results, GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham said, “Everything should be on the table.”

DeSantis urged Pennsylvania and Michigan residents to call state lawmakers and urge them to intervene. “Under Article 2 of the Constitution, presidential electors are done by the legislatures and the schemes they create and the framework. And if there’s departure from that, if they’re not following the law, if they’re ignoring law, then they can provide remedies as well,” he said.

Republican lawmakers, however, appear to be holding steady. “The Pennsylvania General Assembly does not have and will not have a hand in choosing the state’s presidential electors or in deciding the outcome of the presidential election,” top Republican legislative leaders, state Sen. Jake Corman and Rep. Kerry Benninghoff, wrote in an October op-ed. Their offices said Friday they stand by the statement. 

The Republican leader of Wisconsin’s Assembly, Robin Vos, has long dismissed the idea, and his spokesperson, Kit Beyer, said he stood by that position on Thursday. 

In Michigan, legislative leaders say any intervention would be against state law. Even though the GOP-controlled legislature is investigating the election, state Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey told radio station WJR on Friday, “It is not the expectation that our analysis will result in any change in the outcome.”

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

From the piece on Giulani:

Bless him if he does. Damage away!

Rudy will win at the Supreme Courtyard Donut shop. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Maybe he has just been so busy instructing lawyers to file lawsuits that he simply hasn’t found the time to see his hairdresser.

Maybe his hairdresser got sick, was fired, or up and quit.  Imagine having to carefully coif the Toddler during a pre-conference tantrum.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Trump waved passed the Million Dozens MAGA March on his way to golf! 

I'm starting to wonder whether his golf course is where some of the real "business" is occurring.  Private club, much less oversight than in the WH...right?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic