IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 7: Biden Starts Working While Trump Tries To Blow Up The World

GreyhoundFan

Just caught some - he's definitely medicated.  

Idk who is dosing him so he can come off subdued and serious while still able to remain upright and still read the teleprompter, but kudos as that's a hard sweet spot to hit.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not like I need to hear more lies, but this is inexcusable.  Refusing to take questions from the press makes this a propaganda shoot.  

That's been his MO for awhile now. 

And my governor learned it from him. It's been 81 days since our AG "left office" after sending hundreds of sex texts to a subordinate. (The same guy had a Trump fast track his Columbian wife's Visa) Coincidencely, it's been 81 days since the Governor has given a press conference without pre-screened questions. 

Kind of surprised that Trump didn't think of the YouTube briefing first, TBH. Which is what tall man does now, in the wake of bringing in mobile morgues and skyrocketing covid deaths, in a state with very limited health care options. 

• Upvote 6

If you're gonna blow up your career supporting fuck face - especially at the age of 20 - at least take the fucking time to register to vote and you know, actually fucking vote.

In what will come as a surprise to absolutely nobody, the rapper Lil Pump, who endorsed Donald Trump and appeared onstage with him at his final 2020 campaign rally, did not cast a ballot in the presidential election, owing to the fact that the performer has never bothered to register to vote, records show.

In a video posted online, Garcia exclaimed, “All I gotta say is Trump 2020, bitch.” Garcia then claimed that he would pay an extra 33% in taxes if Joe Biden were elected. “Fuck Sleepy Joe, nigga. Trump 2020, bitch,” he added. On his Instagram page--which has 17 million followers--Garcia posted a Photoshopped image purporting to show him shaking hands with Trump in the Oval Office. A second image morphed Trump’s face with that of the rapper, who has multiple piercings and facial tattoos.

But despite Garcia urging others to vote for Trump, the rapper himself was not among those who helped deliver a decisive victory in Florida to the incumbent president.

According to Florida state voter rolls, Garcia has never been registered to vote (he turned 18 in August 2018). Additionally, a supervisor with the Miami-Dade County Elections Department also reported that Garcia is not registered to vote. The official, Robert Rodriguez, said that the county’s voter registration records are up-to-date.

• Haha 13

7 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

AWKWARD!!!

Is there not a requirement to have the race called before attending things like this? honest question, because I have no idea how this works. 

• I Agree 8

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know - I'm just pissy.  Just read that when he said what he did about "whichever administration" NBC cut away and stopped airing him.  They ALL need to do this when he lies.

I know, BEC, but how did his whole head go gray?  The roots I get, I'm self care isn't on his agenda atm, but all of it?  Was he using temporary color?  It's only been a week and a half.

When he went on his political diatribe about Cuomo and NY, all the networks should have cut away. He’s a complete schoolyard bully. Yes, he acts like a 7 YO. Adults don’t have to listen to that shizzle.

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

A ticket of Laura Ingram and Sean Hannity

ETA: Seriously though I thinking Larry Hogan will try for it. For being a blue state, he is quite popular winning re-election in 2018. 

I don’t know his positions on the big issues, but he does present as a reasonable politician.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

When he went on his political diatribe about Cuomo and NY, all the networks should have cut away. He’s a complete schoolyard bully. Yes, he acts like a 7 YO. Adults don’t have to listen to that shizzle.

On the other hand it does show him up for the vindictive small minded asshat he is...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Landslide

I bet President Biden won't be toting around a copy of the electoral map to show everybody like Trump did.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

18 hours ago, mamallama said:

Dammit now I want an ideological goat.  

Ask and you shall receive .  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

On the other hand it does show him up for the vindictive small minded asshat he is...

Yes, there’s that. He’s just po’d that New Yorkers loathe him, and they do. So do lots of people in New Jersey. They’ve been watching and living with his sleazy business practices for decades.

• Upvote 10

No wonder his hair turned white.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 4

Just encountered this; it is a veritable Venn Diagram of fj, politics, fundies and ex fundies, wherein Chris Jeub indulges in all of the logical fallacies he calls out in a futile attempt to cover up his general butthurt about Trump losing. 

also this nonsensical sentence:

I opine that social smearing is being used to unearth the rule of law and replace the justification of the next president with fallaciousness and false narratives. 

and there's more! Apparently people being mean on social media and platforms calling out disinformation will affect the outcome of the election even after everyone has voted, rather than actual vote counting, because "social smearing".   

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

This is the one Trump future that terrifies me. I think republicans would vote for her in record numbers, even red pillers who wouldn’t normally vote for a woman simply because they’d assume Daddy would be behind the curtain. She’s thin, young, female, white, weathy and most importantly a republican. People who are repulsed by the donald would vote for her because her policies - even if they’re identical to her father’s - would be more palatable to a larger populace if only because of her looks. 

Recently turned Republican. In true Trump fashion, she mostly supports whatever enriches her pocketbook.

• I Agree 12

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Recently turned Republican. In true Trump fashion, she mostly supports whatever enriches her pocketbook.

So absolutely Trump 2.0. Fuck. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

What in the all-encompassing fuck? Which article is this exactly? JFC SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE HIM READ THE DAMN THING.

ETA: TIL the Twitter, no you're wrong will extend to embedded tweets. That's useful. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I’ve met one of his sons a couple of times in a business context (not politics.)

I’m not saying one time while he was speaking he wore a shirt so tight with a button so tenuously sewed on that it strained so hard with each breath that some of us had a little wager on if it was going to fly off mid presentation.  

it did not.

That totally happened, I’m just not saying it.  Oh and in case you were curious wildly entitled condescending douche.

32 minutes ago, Destiny said:

What in the all-encompassing fuck? Which article is this exactly? JFC SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE HIM READ THE DAMN THING.

ETA: TIL the Twitter, no you're wrong will extend to embedded tweets. That's useful. 

I think it’s cute you still think he can read.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

So let me get this straight. At first his bitch was AZ being called by FOX for Biden. Next, he targeted the numbers in PA and started litigation. Next came NV and WI, and as those states’ courts denied his requests, he moved on to MI and GA. NV fizzled out as did several suits in PA. He demanded and received a recount in GA, and he still lost. His loss in NV was too large to legally contest, so that suit is gone. AZ is done counting and he does not meet the threshold for a recount, so that’s gone. MI’s vote disparity is too large for him to overcome, so that is gone. Now he’s targeting the Dominion (?) voting machines. Tomorrow he ‘ll probably start tweeting about taking it to the USSC. Too bad his legal team in PA quit. And yet people still believe that on 1/21 DJT will be the POTUS. You can not make this shit up.and Covid is almost on a vertical climb. Trump botched the response and he just needs to go away.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think it’s cute you still think he can read.

No, I never really did, but I do expect the President of the United States to have a passing familiarity with the Constitution, more fool me. ?

Just when I think the bar can't get lower ... 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

As someone who gets having personal issues this would make me feel sorry for almost anyone else.  

but he’s abused this country for four years so this is what happens when you’re dumb enough to Telegraph your Achilles heel to the masses.  I hope this is tormenting him.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 15

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As someone who gets having personal issues this would make me feel sorry for almost anyone else.  

but he’s abused this country for four years so this is what happens when you’re dumb enough to Telegraph your Achilles heel to the masses.  I hope this is tormenting him.

In terms of dumb...that’s the first thing I think when I hear him talk. He just isn’t smart. He doesn’t even realize when he’s in over head, which I think this is where he has been for the last 4 years. There is no shame in lacking knowledge, but when you refuse to do anything about that deficit, you’re both dumb and lazy. Both listening to him speak and reading the things he writes lead me to believe that he is barely literate. I’m sure refusing to read just makes the situation worse. When you add refusing to listen to anyone else, especially people with the knowledge and experience needed to make decent decisions, well we all know where that leads. We’ve all lived it the last 4 years.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

His hair turned white? Did they run out of orange at CVS?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

"A war among Trump’s kids shows this family won’t let us move on"

Evidence is mounting that the stalled presidential transition is doing real damage. President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team can’t get good information on current planning for next year’s coronavirus vaccine rollout. National security officials feel constrained from treating Biden as the president-elect, limiting information-sharing. Republicans are beginning to urge President Trump to allow briefings to proceed.

Meanwhile, the Trump family is reportedly consumed in an internal debate over whether Trump should even concede the election at all — a debate whose contours appear almost entirely shaped around what’s good for them.

This bodes badly for what’s to come. It might seem like throwing bad mental energy after bad to dwell on the Trump family’s internal warring about the election’s clear outcome, but their argument hints at how the Trump movement’s mythology could live on, with untold destructive effects.

CNN reports that Trump’s two adult sons — Donald Jr. and Eric — adamantly want Trump to refuse to concede and “drag it out until the bitter end,” while clinging to the lie that the election was stolen from him.

They believe the “outcome should change,” CNN reports. In other words, if possible, they want to overturn the results of a legitimate election.

By contrast, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner think the president should bow to the inevitable and concede after the Georgia recount is completed later this month. Here’s the reasoning:

Ivanka Trump has offered a more calibrated message to her father, asking him whether it was worth damaging his legacy and potentially his businesses to continue his refusal to concede. She is privately realistic about the President’s loss, a source told CNN, but she also knows that her entire future — now more than ever — is tied to her father’s, and must be handled delicately.

The careful reader will note that there’s no discernible deliberation over the impact that Trump’s refusal to concede is having on the whole country.

Obviously, appealing to Trump’s sense of what’s good for him would be the only conceivable way to influence him. But Ivanka Trump, too, appears largely motivated by how this wind-down will impact her own future. And these leaks plainly come from someone trying to paint a sympathetic portrait of the Ivanka-Jared predicament.

The deeper truth revealed here is that there will come no point at which Trump and his family members will do the right thing on the country’s behalf — concede unambiguously so the country can move on.

The only motivating factor in how this will be handled is what is good for Trump and the family. There’s disagreement on what is actually best for Trump, but Trump and Donald Jr. have already decided that not conceding is what’s best for them.

The future of the Trumpist movement

Donald Trump Jr. is widely considered a plausible candidate for president in 2024. Whether he will end up running is unclear, but either way, he will play a kingmaking role as a leader of the Trump movement, however it constitutes itself in the post-Trump era.

Central to this movement will be the mythology that the election was stolen from Trump. Note this remarkable observation from the New York Times:

No prominent potential Republican candidate for president in 2024 … has criticized Mr. Trump for his refusal to acquiesce to the transition of power. Most have stayed silent or given Mr. Trump, who has spoken privately about running again in four years, latitude and support without parroting his most baseless conspiracies.

A lot of euphemisms have been employed to describe this sort of thing — Republicans are “giving Trump space” to “process his loss,” and so forth. But what it really means is that, in some form or other, Republicans who don’t want to alienate the Trump movement will have to tiptoe around the question of whether his loss was legitimate for years to come.

This is already being used to motivate Republican voters, right now. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is feeding the falsehood that the outcome remains unknown to keep Trump voters energized in the Georgia runoffs that will determine Senate control. This is widely being reported as just another campaign tactic.

What’s more, since the refusal to concede requires stalling the transition to give it believability, all this could have long-term practical consequences:

The president-elect’s team is concerned that it is being shut out of planning for the vaccine distribution, a huge undertaking that the incoming administration expects to inherit the moment Mr. Biden is sworn in. His advisers said they have not had access to the details of Warp Speed, the project that has vaccine distribution planning well underway, and understand little about its workings.

There you have it: The need to keep Republican voters energized in Georgia could negatively impact planning for vaccine distribution amid a surging pandemic.

Over the long haul, how far this will all go remains to be seen. We don’t yet know whether a movement will persist that’s organized around the belief that Trump’s removal from office was wholly illegitimate — around the mythology that the system is so corrupted from top to bottom that literally tens of millions of votes were cast and counted fraudulently.

Nor do we yet know how far Republican elites will push the idea that refusing to concede defeat in a legitimate election should be treated as just another tool for motivating partisans and for justifying efforts to cast a cloud of illegitimacy over the rightful victor.

But we do know from the family’s latest internal warring that on both these fronts, Trump and his eldest son appear determined to find out.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 6

somebody noted on twitter today that trump is going through the stages of grief, 

1. denial
  2. anger
  3. bargaining
  4. depression
  5. acceptance

Denial (I won!)

Anger (tweeting in rage caps)

And now he's pinballing between anger, bargaining (can I pardon myself and all my family?), depression and back to anger. 

Did you all that watched the presser today think that he'd been medicated (uppers? downers?).  I guess the steroids that were keeping him so very high after his brush with Covid have worn off. 

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic