IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.1a9c102e9020abb56927bf575dced43f.png

image.png.17ca8aa1e738466d1669e3b74e042f3b.png

FFS dude, you lost. Its over! I could give him one state with possible fraud but how many are we up to now? Rallies? I really wish he would go away! 

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Manbaby who swore an oath to serve the American people will burn the house down rather than admit anything that doesn't serve his ego. 

Scorched earth policy. It was in Hitler's vocabulary. I am not surprsied. 

• Upvote 13

I am quite sure the FBI is on top of the fringe groups. They shut down Whitmers kidnapping when they saw it was getting serious. I am sure that several groups planning mischief about the election have been shut down. And we will never know.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I'm seeing the same thing. I just saw one of the Trumpers claim Parler is now bigger than FB, Twitter and Tiktok. I wasn't able to quickly find any evidence of that. 

Realistically they are going to eat each other a live on Parler and come slinking back to FB. Just a matter of time. 

I don't know.  TheDonald sub over on reddit didn't get shut down because they turned on each other, it got shut down because they were encouraging each other and ramping up the antisocial rhetoric.

46 minutes ago, Emma said:

Out here in California, I’ve been listening to the snowflakes on the far left whine about how Biden isn’t progressive enough and won’t do what they want him to do. Sigh. Can we have some compromise on both sides? Please?

I know Biden wasn't the first choice for most of us here (including myself) but I'm looking at these last couple days as kind of like a wedding weekend.  Sure, a marriage will have hard times, it won't always go the way you want it to, you may divorce, one of you will likely die before the other leaving a grieving spouse.  But wedding weekend is for the celebration of hope and what will be...and relief the nightmare of wedding planning is over.

I look forward to the policy debates her and elsewhere ...because they will be on policy and actual issues, not about a wanna be despot whose every single policy decision was made with his own personal interest in mind, legalities be damned.

Yes, we have so much work to do.  And as hard as it will be at least we won't have to do it while simultaneously trying to keep an ancient toddler from destroying democracy.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't know.  TheDonald sub over on reddit didn't get shut down because they turned on each other, it got shut down because they were encouraging each other and ramping up the antisocial rhetoric.

I know Biden wasn't the first choice for most of us here (including myself) but I'm looking at these last couple days as kind of like a wedding weekend.  Sure, a marriage will have hard times, it won't always go the way you want it to, you may divorce, one of you will likely die before the other leaving a grieving spouse.  But wedding weekend is for the celebration of hope and what will be...and relief the nightmare of wedding planning is over.

I look forward to the policy debates her and elsewhere ...because they will be on policy and actual issues, not about a wanna be despot whose every single policy decision was made with his own personal interest in mind, legalities be damned.

Yes, we have so much work to do.  And as hard as it will be at least we won't have to do it while simultaneously trying to keep an ancient toddler from destroying democracy.

I like the fact that they have hit the ground running on covid. I heard they already met with their team.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

So worth listening to somebody actually presidential.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 12

It'll be nice to not have multiple scandals every single day coming out of the White House. And for the people in the White House to actually be able to do their work, rather than spend all their time pacifying a giant man-baby. The Vice President will actually do something other than sit around looking like a wax sculpture, occasionally pandering to evangelicals. Jill Biden will actually BE First Lady, rather than reluctantly cosplaying as one. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I like the fact that they have hit the ground running on covid. I heard they already met with their team.

That alone is reason enough to be happy about this election.

It's like Covid has set our home on fire and the new fire department is going to immediately focus on saving lives by getting it under control.   

And that they are replacing the old department who stood there with hoses in hand doing nothing but mocking and fighting with the people who were franticly passing buckets in an attempt to put it out themselves with no help from the team with the authority and resources makes this even more of a relief.

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

So worth listening to somebody actually presidential.

Does anyone know if Fauci is going to be working with him from jump?

And does anyone else get all warm and fuzzy thinking of how Dr. Fauci must've reacted when Joe won?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/ben-carson-coronavirus/index.html

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson tested positive for coronavirus Monday morning, his deputy chief of staff Coalter Baker confirmed to CNN.

Carson attended the election night party where White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and nearly every other attendee was not wearing a mask. Meadows and four others in Trump's orbit subsequently tested positive last week.

Carson was also spotted maskless at a Trump campaign rally in Waterford Township, Michigan on October 30.

(Shaking my head}.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That alone is reason enough to be happy about this election.

It's like Covid has set our home on fire and the new fire department is going to immediately focus on saving lives by getting it under control.   

And that they are replacing the old department who stood there with hoses in hand doing nothing but mocking and fighting with the people who were franticly passing buckets in an attempt to put it out themselves with no help from the team with the authority and resources makes this even more of a relief.

Does anyone know if Fauci is going to be working with him from jump?

And does anyone else get all warm and fuzzy thinking of how Dr. Fauci must've reacted when Joe won?

At some point Biden said he would be adding people to his Covid task force and I got the distinct impression he was hinting that one of those people would be Fauci. Mind you, he didn't actually say it, but his words just gave me that impression. 

And yes, warm fuzzy feelings for the relief Fauci must have felt. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Jill Biden will actually BE First Lady, rather than reluctantly cosplaying as one. 

I'm looking forward to finding out what her projects will be - something education-related, I hope!

I'm looking forward to every bit of news about Cabinet choices and their plans.

I'm looking forward to actually having an executive branch again, instead of a pack of fascists and toadying sycophants.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, apple1 said:

I can't say I feel sorry for him. Actions have consequences after all. 

As the Dutch saying goes "He who burns his butt has to sit on the blisters."

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Has Trump had a sign language interpreter in any of the events?

I'm not sure.... considering how he mocked that journalist, perhaps not. 

4 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I'm looking forward to finding out what her projects will be - something education-related, I hope!

I'm looking forward to actually having an executive branch again, instead of a pack of fascists and toadying sycophants.

A really classy and caring First Lady again! YAy!

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yes, it does. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I read that she will be the first First Lady to be also employed outside the home.  I don't know if that's accurate, but if so she must be planning on continuing to teach.

I would bet Jill Biden casually spouts of better ideas about how to improve education in her small talk while eating breakfast than Besty DeVos could come up with in a million years with a team of advisors.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 18

9 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

As the Dutch saying goes "He who burns his butt has to sit on the blisters."

That's an amazing saying and I'm blatantly stealing it from you.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

Thinking about the people who will be around Biden and Harris is like getting a big, longed-for gift for your birthday, soaking that in, then realizing there are lots of smaller gifts around, or accessories for the big gift. Some of them may be just OK, but some may make you even happier than the big gift did,

Or having a major medical issue resolved, sighing with relief that you're not going to die, then realizing that your feet stopped hurting, and your headaches are gone, and a dozen other little things about your health are gradually resolving. On an everyday basis, these things will make you even more comfortable and able to live.

Stop me before I make up yet another metaphor!

I won't scream it like Crazy Kimberly, but will say it gently, hopefully - perhaps the best is yet to come.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

I wonder which Republicans would scream corruption the loudest if Biden hired his relatives in White House positions. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I read that she will be the first First Lady to be also employed outside the home.  I don't know if that's accurate, but if so she must be planning on continuing to teach.

I would bet Jill Biden casually spouts of 9better ideas about how to improve education in her small talk while eating breakfast than Besty DeVos could come up with in a million years with a team of advisors.  

She's the first one where it's actually feasible to keep her traditional 9-5 job. Michelle couldn't continue to teach? in Chicago when they lived in DC. I think Truman hired his wife as an aide, as she was not into the whole "first lady" thing. Nancy Reagan was an actress before the White House so technically she continued to work by filming all those PSAs about drugs and appearing in public. I don't know if Laura Bush worked before the White House. Barbara would have been past the age of retirement regardless. Betty Ford was a dancer. I don't know anything about Roselyn Carter. 

Edit: forgot Hillary. Well, she worked behind the scenes and eventually ran for the office herself. But she was a politician and lawyer before she was first Lady. 

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Trump is still screaming into the vacuum, unaware that campaigning is over.

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

I wonder which Republicans would scream corruption the loudest if Biden hired his relatives in White House positions. 

All of them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

The stock market is up because everyone is pleased that Trump won the election but I really think that a vaccine combating imaginary disease should aim to be 100 % effective.

• Haha 14

4 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I don't know if Laura Bush worked before the White House.

She was a teacher and a librarian. She may have stopped when W became governor of Texas.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

And trump supporters too? 

• Upvote 7

Just saw this twitter account out there...

I do wonder if Mr. Biden will be 46 or 47.  If the fuck nugget decides to resign so Pence can try to pardon him they may have to change the name to Transition47.  (I saw there's an account out there with that name so I hope that was the President-Elect's team being smart and grabbing that name right away).  Course since there's a chronic backstabbing disorder in the White House I wonder if President Pence would let Donny Dumbshit twist in the wind.  It would be fifty kinds of delicious if that happened.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The stock market is up because everyone is pleased that Trump won the election but I really think that a vaccine combating imaginary disease should aim to be 100 % effective.

The stock market is indeed up because Biden won. Pfizer, who is developing the vaccine Trump mentions, is not part of his administration's 'Operation Warp Speed'. :pb_rollseyes:

Also, compare Trump's bloviating tweet to this reaction from the Biden Transition account @47of74 posted above:

image.thumb.png.054cc8ebb681dfe82ec048f21c2614d7.png

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 21
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Just saw this twitter account out there...

I do wonder if Mr. Biden will be 46 or 47.  If the fuck nugget decides to resign so Pence can try to pardon him they may have to change the name to Transition47.  (I saw there's an account out there with that name so I hope that was the President-Elect's team being smart and grabbing that name right away).  Course since there's a chronic backstabbing disorder in the White House I wonder if President Pence would let Donny Dumbshit twist in the wind.  It would be fifty kinds of delicious if that happened.

That's an interesting conversation worth having.  I do think there is a strong liklihood of him resigning just for the Pence pardons.  

IMO Pence would never let him twist because Trump and minions would get him to promise before the election and I don't think he has it in him to do the mental gymnastics required to lie to Trump and then be okay with reneging.

Although he should and then deal with his guilt by wearing a hairshirt for the rest of his life, if he must.  

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic