IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

And Kamala talking about the women who paved her way.  ❤❤❤

• Upvote 2
  • Love 22

Just now, Destiny said:

Gods dammit, I’m crying again. I thought I was done crying!

Oh, I've given up trying to limit crying.  It's so wonderful to have happy tears again.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 18

“While I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last.” And now the tears are ugly crying.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 23

3 minutes ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

"And every little girl watching tonight..."

Seriously...I'm just completely overwhelmed.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 16

Joe is absolute right that people across the world are seeing this as a vote for hope. I'm Canadian and I'm so proud of all of you right now.  Finally!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 8

I cast my first vote in a presidential election for the Mondale/Ferraro ticket. I think she would have been a great VP. I'm so happy we finally have a woman as VP. It's sad that it took 36 years. I truly believe Joe will really rely on Kamala, which will set her up well for the future.  I really loved her speech tonight.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

I've had some great teachers in school and at work and at home I had my parents, and not to take anything away from these people but I never had anyone as a leader who looked like me. I have often wondered why a role model who looked like me was important because after all I'd made my way without one. So it was to my surprise when I found myself in tears seeing Kamala as VP. It moves me in a way I had not thought possible. I didn't know how important it was till it was there in front of my eyes.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 29

1 minute ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

Joe is absolute right that people across the world are seeing this as a vote for hope. I'm Canadian and I'm so proud of all of you right now.  Finally!

And now you don't have to worry about 74 millions of us trying to storm your boarders and beg for a place to stay.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 25
  • Love 4

It is so good to hear an American leader talking about hope and unity and plans (plans!) for the work to come.  In complete sentences too. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 8

Probably unpopular opinion: I preferred Kamala’s speech, but then, she was one of my preferred candidates, so, bias.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

He's already talking about the work they are planning to do. Remember when presidents did that? It shouldn't feel like a goddamn miracle, but it does.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 3

It is so good to hear an American leader talking about hope and unity and plans (plans!) for the work to come.  In complete sentences too. 

The complete sentences and actual plans are amazing. It’s amazing what we internalized as normal for the last four years.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6

He's on fire...and hasn't mentioned Trump once.  Making Trump Irrelevant Again needs to be a hat.

I would buy the shit out of that merchandise. Someone do this immediately.
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Imagine, a President capable of reading the teleprompter 

Fixed it for you.

It was a good speech, long on info, short on length.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

And tears.  And because I can, exactly when did that other jerk ever quote hymns?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 10

This election has broken my brain. I’m completely blasé about fireworks for boring reasons i won’t go into, and these are making me cry ... again.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic