IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Re: Kamala’s white pantsuit, I see what she did there and I am here for it.

I mentioned that exact thing to my husband!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder who drew the short straw and gets to be His Irrelevancy's minder tonight.

Hope they control the remote because per reddit Fox has said positive things about Obama and vaccine prep as well as Biden's speech tonight.

• Haha 13
  • Love 9

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Zoom in on his hat. :)

I can't read it, even zoomed in. What does it say?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

I have never been prouder to be a Delawarean than I am today and I haven't felt this proud to be an American in several years.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

I can't read it, even zoomed in. What does it say?

It says, “We Just Did,” and 46. I’m petty enough to believe it’s poking fun at The Irrelevant Menace’s stupid MAGA hats.
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • Love 17

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

It says, “We Just Did,” and 46. I’m petty enough to believe it’s poking fun at The Irrelevant Menace’s stupid MAGA hats.

That's fabulous! I found a close-up:

image.png.81c7d269d1c565e3ab1c3c8f9f38e305.png

Why do I feel like one of the granddaughters had that made? It's not petty, it's accurate.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 26

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Hope they control the remote because per reddit Fox has said positive things about Obama and vaccine prep as well as Biden's speech tonight.

Trump 's going to savage them on Twitter when he finds out. :popcorn2:

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

There’s a rumor that Murdoch told Fox to take the gloves off in terms of Fucknut, so who knows!

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

• Upvote 14

34 minutes ago, nst said:

This put me over the top. I've been glad but still cautious today, laughing at the memes, and finally sat down tonight with my boys in bed and saw this. Telling my husband that the church bells were ringing in Paris and Kamala Harris made her speech in a white pantsuit made me start crying.

My God. We still have two and a half months of Trump, McConnell is still in the Senate, the votes are still being counted, and there's no guarantee what his followers will do... But my God, he has a time limit now, and the world is glad along with us, and there's a woman in the White House, and I'm just so relieved. And so, so proud that I'm from the Philly area!

I wish I'd been "here" instead of work when it was announced, but my (Black) coworker's mom was the one to call our desk and tell her because she was so happy, and that was pretty close to the best possible way to find out!

• Upvote 16
  • Love 15

36 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Shame Jimmy Carter is lumped in with the losers.  He made his mistakes but is a decent human being.

Yeah, he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near those bastards. Friend is DC is sending me so many pics of creative "'fuck' Trump" signs, and lots of masked socially distanced partying. It's wonderful!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Now, that is a hat I’d consider buying. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 10

I loved it when president-elect Biden quoted from Ecclesiastes about a time to heal as well. I'm so sick of the Republicans co-opting all religion in the United States.

I thought both speeches were outstanding!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 10

Wow! First speech in 4 years that I didn't flip off the speaker, yell many variations of "you're a fucking liar" and my blood pressure didn't rise. 

I could get used to this. 

*I'm so happy right now* and I love the picture of Biden being group hugged by his grandchildren.  Ah to see love and affection in a family in the White House again. Did I mention I'm happy?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 12

I enjoyed being able to listen to an entire speech without changing the channel. I've not been able to make it through a single Twitler speech in four years because the sound of his voice causes me to develop a major headache.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 11

I enjoyed being able to listen to an entire speech without changing the channel. I've not been able to make it through a single Twitler speech in four years because the sound of his voice causes me to develop a major headache.

I just realized I’m the same. I’ve not listened to a presidential or president elect speak more than a few sentences in four years. Even the debates I ignored the Irrelevant Menace’s part or screamed liar at the top of my lungs.
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

I wonder if someone made Twittler's phone have an "accident" or if they are distracting him in other ways.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

Damn, y'all work fast! :wink-kitty:

Rick Wilson was encouraging that. I’m not gonna lie, while I find it absolutely hilarious on one level, on another, i don’t love the trolling. It feels like the opposite of when they go low, we go high to me.
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 18

17 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I wonder if someone made twizzlers phone have an "accident" or if they are distracting him in other ways.

If he isn't dosed up and sleeping it off then Idk how they are controlling him.  I can't see him allowing anyone to withhold his phone from him, and if they had an oops with his he'd just demand someone else's device or use a laptop to log into Twitter.

They did say earlier (posted a few pages back) something about a lid which that post says means he wouldn't be making any statements tonight.  If he's not knocked out I'd pay good money for a live stream with audio of what's going on with him tonight.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/07/white-house-calls-early-lid-after-joe-biden-victory/

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Rick Wilson was encouraging that. I’m not gonna lie, while I find it absolutely hilarious on one level, on another, i don’t love the trolling. It feels like the opposite of when they go low, we go high to me.

Totally agree.  I think it's very funny, but that people are doing that is sinking to his level.  

Would have been perfect if he posted that but no one did it and proved we're better than that.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Side effect of being underslept and overexcited - I Teri Maxwelled a sandwich this evening.

ETA - in fact, it was a wrap, which made extricating the paper quite a feat.

But I managed not to accidentally swallow any.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic