IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

Seeing Kamalas nieces on the stage is making me cry harder. I hope that there are little girls all over the world realising that they can be whatever they want to be now

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 24

It’s lunchtime Sunday ... I’m working from home (admittedly in my pjs) and it was totally worth taking a break to watch those two speeches. I really love them both. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 4

I've never liked the rah-rah stuff. But even more, I've hated how the right has claimed shows of patriotism. So, if I'm going to see people setting off fireworks, waving US flags, wearing red white and blue, and even a few chanting "USA," I'm so glad it was these people.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Interesting stats re Navajo in Arizona

Reveal hidden contents

This was simply beyond awesome.  The Navajo reservation covers a not insignificant area in AZ, Utah, and NM.  Many people live dispersed across the reservation, often with terrible roads and unreliable transportation. They are not fans of Trump and many had to work hard to get to the polls. 

One woman organized a horseback brigade to get people to the polls. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 31

I had a long post to go with this. And my iPad ate it.  

that tweet hit my Twitter feed from my local league of women voters.  

it reminded me of Martin Niemoller’s First They Came.  I’ve had that in my head on repeat for four long years.  But we didn’t ignore him.  We didn’t look the other way.  We stood behind the immigrants.  Behind people of color.  Behind women. And we went to the old and we voted the giant man baby out of office.  

And this beauty 

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • Love 27

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

This election has broken my brain. I’m completely blasé about fireworks for boring reasons i won’t go into, and these are making me cry ... again.

The joyful peals of church bells ringing in Paris did me in. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 8

The joyful peals of church bells ringing in Paris did me in. 

I haven’t seen that. Do you have a link?
  • Upvote 3

Of course, my inner worry wort now wants to tell everyone there to go home, launder everything, take a shower, and get tested.

We need you all - the people on the stage and the people in the parking lot!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I had a long post to go with this. And my iPad ate it.  

that tweet hit my Twitter feed from my local league of women voters.  

it reminded me of Martin Niemoller’s First They Came.  I’ve had that in my head on repeat for four long years.  But we didn’t ignore him.  We didn’t look the other way.  We stood behind the immigrants.  Behind people of color.  Behind women. And we went to the old and we voted the giant man baby out of office.  

And this beauty 

Hide contents

Andrew Wheeler 

• Upvote 3

So....is anyone concerned about how many fact checkers will be out of work once we have a President who doesn't lie like it's his job?

• Haha 28
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

And they could put Trump in the Lost popular vote circle too.  Twice!

Shame Jimmy Carter is lumped in with the losers.  He made his mistakes but is a decent human being.

Edited by SPHASH
spelling
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 20
  • Love 2

So....is anyone concerned about how many fact checkers will be out of work once we have a President who doesn't lie like it's his job?

Protect Daniel Dale at all costs! He’s a national treasure, even if he is not an American. I’m sure Canada will share custody of this particular treasure.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Just now, SPHASH said:

Shame Jimmy Carter is lumped in with the lovers.  He made his mistakes but is a decent human being.

Best former President ever 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

Fireworks in London - well, Guy Fawkes night was on the 5th, usually the closest Saturday night is set aside for public firework displays, rather than the 5th itself. We'd expect a London firework display. So, it *could* be a coincidence. Also, not easy to organize a big firework display at short notice.
But hearing about the bells in Paris and Munich ringing out means I don't actually care, it's clear Europe is celebrating with you all too! - and it is easily possible some extra fireworks would be added. Perhaps some red, white, blue combo? Spelling out "you're fired"? Tastefully, of course...

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I've never liked the rah-rah stuff. But even more, I've hated how the right has claimed shows of patriotism. So, if I'm going to see people setting off fireworks, waving US flags, wearing red white and blue, and even a few chanting "USA," I'm so glad it was these people.

Normally I don't like it either but tonight it was beautiful. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Protect Daniel Dale at all costs! He’s a national treasure, even if he is not an American. I’m sure Canada will share custody of this particular treasure.

That anyone knows the name of a fact checker says so much about the last 4 years.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 4

Can’t imagine Trump being able to jog to the podium and then start speaking - he’d be huffing and puffing for a while first. 

Well he huffs and puffs a lot normally, but it would have been worse than usual. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Zebedee said:

Fireworks in London - well, Guy Fawkes night was on the 5th, usually the closest Saturday night is set aside for public firework displays, rather than the 5th itself. We'd expect a London firework display. So, it *could* be a coincidence. Also, not easy to organize a big firework display at short notice.
But hearing about the bells in Paris and Munich ringing out means I don't actually care, it's clear Europe is celebrating with you all too! - and it is easily possible some extra fireworks would be added. Perhaps some red, white, blue combo? Spelling out "you're fired"? Tastefully, of course...

Nothing made me happier in the last 4 years than the way the Brits protested Trump.  The signs so hilariously direct. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

27 minutes ago, clueliss said:

And tears.  And because I can, exactly when did that other jerk ever quote hymns?

And try in any way at all to comfort the families of COVID victims?

Saying the number of deaths is what it is? 

• Upvote 13

Change your sheets before you go to bed tonight. You deserve a good night's rest in a clean bed.   :sleeping-sleeping:

• Love 10

Change your sheets before you go to bed tonight. You deserve a good night's rest in a clean bed.   :sleeping-sleeping:

LOL, if only it weren’t too late to get them washed in time, you are not wrong. I didn’t do the sheets today like i usually do because i was glued to CNN.
  • Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic