IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

4 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

He does everything by Twitter, anyway. Plus, he lies so much, CNN would cut him off anyway! Anyway, I much prefer to see Americans partying than listen to the Orange One lie.

I don't disagree. it's just the willful shattering of norms that bothers me. I don't WANT to hear him speak, but it would have liked for him to, for fucking once, put Americans first. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don't disagree. it's just the willful shattering of norms that bothers me. I don't WANT to hear him speak, but it would have liked for him to, for fucking once, put Americans first. 

I agree about the shattering of norms but I think two things may be in play:

If he concedes, he can no longer maintain the facade that there is anyway to challenge results in courts. Right now, that possibility is the only thing that will keep the grifted dollars flowing into his campaign coffers.

But considering how he has been showing signs of decompensation when stressed, he may simply be too demented by rage and fear to be able to make any sort of speech. Remember, he is reported to have had to be coaxed to go on stage in Tulsa when he discovered how few people had showed up for the rally. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

When you refer to the men and women serving our country as suckers and losers, you will lose their respect (assuming you had it to begin with) and their votes.  

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, GOODBYE!

That was the nail in the coffin. He also essentially turned one of our bases over to Russia (getting a number of our allies killed in the process) and ignored Russian bounties for American deaths. It may not have gotten more than a day's coverage here, but that's the stuff people putting their lives on the line remember. 

• Upvote 25

Adam Nagourney, in Los Angeles 43m ago

Another thing to watch: Will President Trump start losing followers on Twitter?

I expect that he will have a huge loss of followers in 2 months, 12 days, 19h, and 30 minutes. I know I will be one of them. Being ignored is the best punishment I can possibly give him IMHO. 

6 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I agree about the shattering of norms but I think two things may be in play:

If he concedes, he can no longer maintain the facade that there is anyway to challenge results in courts. Right now, that possibility is the only thing that will keep the grifted dollars flowing into his campaign coffers.

But considering how he has been showing signs of decompensation when stressed, he may simply be too demented by rage and fear to be able to make any sort of speech. Remember, he is reported to have had to be coaxed to go on stage in Tulsa when he discovered how few people had showed up for the rally. 

I don't at all think you are wrong about the reasons why, but I still find it repulsive from someone I didn't think could possibly repulse me more.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don't at all think you are wrong, but I still find it repulsive from someone I didn't think could possibly repulse me more.

There is no bottom with him. :pb_sad:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

He's never going to concede, but it doesn't matter. He still has to relocate in January or he'll be forcibly removed. 

He's not going to invite Biden to the White House or brief him on critical ongoing national security issues like a normal president would.  But it doesn't matter. He has nothing to tell him anyway.

He's going to keep doing rallies for as long as he can walk and talk.  But he's still a loser who lost the popular vote not once, but twice.  An all caps LOSER.

The media should just completely ignore the lunatic from here on out.  He needs to be gone from our lives. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 13

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

There is no bottom with him. :pb_sad:

Intellectually, I know that, and yet, I still often think that we've hit it and am surprised when he gets worse. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

26 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I feel for you. Now that you mention it, I would have liked that, too. But it didn't even occur to me - it's so totally in the pigs-flying column that I can't even picture it.

I have, half-jokingly, said that the only good thing that will come out of the Trump presidency is that nobody will ever have to look up the term "malignant narcissist" again.

As someone who has had to explain to others that people with these sorts of personality disorders are just different, not just a bit more selfish or in denial than the norm, I understand. I remember the many years, with people in my own life of "aw, c'mon, nobody's that bad," and "I know people who have learned better, so can he/she" and "if I just explain how deeply this is hurting me/how illogical their actions are/how it's not practical/how everyone else on staff is disagreeing with them, etc."

I've always been the type to give everyone a second (3rd, 12th, 84th) chance. But they really are just different. I hope that, someday, medical science helps them (I suspect they are pretty constantly in pain), and helps the rest of us not have to deal with this shit ever again. But, in the meantime, there really isn't much hope of someone as entrenched as he is in his bizarre mindset to ever do the right thing in any situation.

He is not like a regular person who can grow and change. People as far gone as he is are the living embodiment of a boulder coming down the mountain at us, and the only things to do are to warn others, and get out of the way.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 8

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

So Rudy's inane screech-fest was held next to an adult book store named Fantasy Island. You couldn't make that up.

image.png.5d87b348dd767753bd0e4bf2106b9f6d.png

Well we now know where the Trump Presidential Library will be...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

I have been crying off and on ever since I found out this morning, but I still find it hard to believe. I will truly celebrate on January 20th after Biden is officially the 46th president of the United States. 

Wednesday morning I was fighting tears on my way to work. I had to pretend everything was fine while I taught that morning. Then during lunch I saw that Biden was in the lead in Michigan when I checked my phone. Slowly I allowed myself to hope more and more. Now I have tears for a different reason.

I have appreciated this place so much over the last four years. You are were so supportive and kept me informed. You guys helped me get through this nightmare. I appreciate you all so much!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 24

2 minutes ago, Ali said:

I have been crying off and on ever since I found out this morning, but I still find it hard to believe. I will truly celebrate on January 20th after Biden is officially the 46th president of the United States. 

Wednesday morning I was fighting tears on my way to work. I had to pretend everything was fine while I taught that morning. Then during lunch I saw that Biden was in the lead in Michigan when I checked my phone. Slowly I allowed myself to hope more and more. Now I have tears for a different reason.

I have appreciated this place so much over the last four years. You are were so supportive and kept me informed. You guys helped me get through this nightmare. I appreciate you all so much!

Well maybe 47th if fuck face resigns in the hopes Pence can magically pardon him.  President 47 has a nice ring to it. And if it’s not him I hope it’s President Harris. 

• Upvote 11

16 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

He's never going to concede, but it doesn't matter. He still has to relocate in January or he'll be forcibly removed. 

He's not going to invite Biden to the White House or brief him on critical ongoing national security issues like a normal president would.  But it doesn't matter. He has nothing to tell him anyway.

He's going to keep doing rallies for as long as he can walk and talk.  But he's still a loser who lost the popular vote not once, but twice.  An all caps LOSER.

The media should just completely ignore the lunatic from here on out.  He needs to be gone from our lives. 

Do you think he even has a grasp of the current national security issues? Wasn’t he skipping his briefings?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

37 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I truly do not think that this guy knows how to think of anyone but himself. Whatever age and developmental stage that most people become aware and integrate the fact that others exist, and that others’ feelings, needs, desires also matter, Trump missed that stage. He is unaware of and cares nothing for anyone but himself. He 100% lacks any empathy and the ability to walk in anyone else’s moccasins. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 14

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

The meltdown has started. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 5.54.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 5.55.34 PM.png

Damn. I was hoping the shock of losing  would  render him catatonic for 74 days. Too much to ask, I guess. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 8

28 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

He can’t brief Biden on any issue as he has no idea what they are

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 20

Ben Ginsberg was just on CNN wondering if the Menace was going to pardon himself. That's an amazing question to wonder out loud about for a president. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

I still think it's possible he'll resign and have Pence pardon him and his family and any other criminal friends who might be of some use to him down the road.  Won't help him with any state crimes, but it would likely take a lot off the table. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I still think it's possible he'll resign and have Pence pardon him and his family and any other criminal friends who might be of some use to him down the road.  Won't help him with any state crimes, but it would likely take a lot off the table. 

I don't at all think you are wrong. I've thought this for a while. A round robin pardon fest over Christmas when no one is paying attention. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I wonder if Melania will bother decorating the White House for Christmas.  ?

• Haha 33

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic