IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

1 minute ago, WiseGirl said:

My avatar! I get to change my avatar!

I'm so excited!

I'm so happy to be able to get rid of his stupid ugly mug soon.

IMG_7338.jpg

Not that I'm keeping track, mind you. ?

• Love 16

Thank you Sweet Jesus!  I've been watching as little of the news as possible the last four days and avoiding political forums like this and social media.  Last four days have been hell but worth it.

Edited by SPHASH
eta
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I liked this reaction:

Is this a retweet? Did Trump actually post that drivel?

• Upvote 1

I’ve got ABC News on there showing video from right outside Lafayette Square crowds of people. And what I’m really looking forward to is Biden going out there and taking part of that stupid wall down

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is this a retweet? Did Trump actually post that drivel?

I have no idea. Someone else posted it, and I just liked that particular reaction.

• Thank You 4

I don't know why I hoped for the Menace to be a damn adult and concede, but I kind of did. I feel so sorry for President-elect Biden's transition team. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

21 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm so happy he is still around as well.  My big fear was he would pass and the orange menace would be responsible for his State funeral and would do nothing. I know President Carter is in his mid-90s as is Bob Dole. Well I didn't agree with a lot of Bob Dole's politics, I think he was a decent man as well and I hope that when he passes President Biden celebrates his life as well, in a much better way than Trump did for John McCain. (Although I wouldn't want Trump at my funeral either!)

Agree with everything said about JC. A couple of weeks ago he and RC were shown working at a H for H site. AND they are from GA!!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Just now, Zebedee said:

Why, oh, why, is Frothy still talking?

I can't stand him on a good day, and he's flat out pissing me the fuck off right now. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Such wonderful news for a weary nation! ??

Thanks to everyone who voted, gave their time and/or money to help elect democrats, or was an election worker this year.  As our friend  @47of74 would put it, you fornicating rock! :music-headbanger:

I'd like to especially thank all of the members of FJ's political section for keeping me somewhat sane since the day we learned that Trump had won the election back in 2016. I was in complete shock that he won, and desperately needed to be with people who understood that spinning ball of fear, rage, disbelief, and despair that was firmly lodged inside my chest. You worked hard to keep me informed and entertained. You cried and raged with me, you encouraged me when I was struggling, and you made me feel part of your community, even though I'm not one of the cool kids from a blue state. :wink-kitty: 

For all of that, I thank you.:romance-grouphug:

Lastly, I'd  like to give a special shout out to all of the folks who devote their time and effort into keeping FJ up and running. I know it's a thankless job sometimes with lots of grunt work, so thank you for doing it. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 22

9 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Why, oh, why, is Frothy still talking?
eta: why is he called Frothy?

Ohhhh wait for it. Do I have a delightful story for you. Please hold while I find links. 

Just now, Zebedee said:

Oooh, Trump has finished golfing, is apparently on the way back to the WH. Wonder what he's planning?

:popcorn:

• Haha 13

Just now, Destiny said:

Ohhhh wait for it. Do I have a delightful story for you. Please hold while I find links. 

Please put it under a spoiler with a spoiler warning. It's a bit graphic. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

(sung loudly to "Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye")

We never loved you

Though you thought everybody loved you

'Cause every time you opened your yap

You made us want to cry

Time to pack up your golf bag while we kiss you--

Well, we won't really *kiss* you--

'Cause we will never miss you--

GOODBYE!

Gone gone gone gone

Gone gone gone gone

Hey, bye, Don--

GOODBYE!

We're gonna party plenty

On January 20

When you and Melania

Both get tossed aside

Open the door for Joe and Dr. Jill so

Both of you can just go

And take a ride!

Gone gone gone gone

Gone gone gone gone

Hey, bye, Don--

GOODBYE!

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Oooh, Trump has finished golfing, is apparently on the way back to the WH. Wonder what he's planning?

said it before, but: he needs to get his diaper changed.. maybe he didn't bring any to the golf course?!

and then he'll whine about how he won all the legal votes blablabla

• Haha 9

Warning: adult topics ahoy!

Here's an overview:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_the_neologism_"santorum"

The original site, which is still up:

http://spreadingsantorum.com

For @Zebedee and anyone else who didn't know why Ol Frothy is called Frothy. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 12

Hmm not sure how I got this again. And now I can't delete it. Sorry!

Edited by Destiny
Duplicate content deleted by Destiny. Whoops on the link. I don't know how to get rid of the second picture send help.
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

Thank you thank you thank you America. I know a few million aren't happy but the rest of the world has breathed a sigh of relief with you. I hope that your new president will succeed in closing the divide, dampening the flames of anger and bring your country together again. I also hope he will bring you back to the table on climate change! 

We are raising a glass to you and your country tonight and thank you for putting an end to the insanity. 

And finally....

20201107_193405.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 38
  • Love 2

I, of course, left my house for the first time in days to go couponing and missed the call, but WOW, we are overjoyed here in NJ! Tons of videos of people celebrating here and just over in NYC. Not only does this remove the Orange Menace, but it's getting rid of other people (like DeVos, UGH!!!) that makes it even happier. Thank you fellow FJers for keeping me as sane as possible since Tuesday. Can't wait to see President Biden and Vice President Harris (!!) become sworn in in January.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 11

@DestinyOMG, that is infinitely grosser, and infinitely more hilarious than I could ever imagine! Not sure how I'll explain that to my German peeps who wonder why I call him Frothy! Hahaha, just knowing why this is his name is making listening to him babble is now tolerable. I've got half way through cooking a Thai (Thigh?) green curry. I might just leave it until tomorrow now. I need something soothing, like wine!

Oh, Gawd, it's so disgusting, I *almost* wish I hadn't asked, but given what Trump means in GB slang does make it so appropriate that Frothy is low-key sticking up for DJT. 

• Haha 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic