IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They just admitted on CNN that because Trump is attacking the process they are being cautious about calling the remaining states and won't do it until it's statistically impossible for him to come back.

It's gonna be a while.

Ex-President Trump is a bully, but we all knew that already.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

@DestinyOMG, that is infinitely grosser, and infinitely more hilarious than I could ever imagine! Not sure how I'll explain that to my German peeps who wonder why I call him Frothy! Hahaha, just knowing why this is his name is making listening to him babble is now tolerable. I've got half way through cooking a Thai (Thigh?) green curry. I might just leave it until tomorrow now. I need something soothing, like wine!

Oh, Gawd, it's so disgusting, I *almost* wish I hadn't asked, but given what Trump means in GB slang does make it so appropriate that Frothy is low-key sticking up for DJT. 

I find it hilarious, gross justice for his hate and vitriol toward the gay community. I'm not gonna lie, I totally participated in the Google Santorum campaign and have taken perverse delight in calling him Frothy for years. 

I'm not a curry girl, but can I come over for wine?

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

It's wonderful that so many people want to go out and celebrate, but crowds are not a good idea right now, even if it's outdoors and people are wearing masks. After all the precautions Biden took during his campaign to avoid the spread of Covid, it would be a pity if this day, which is supposed to be one of joy, results in the virus spreading even more.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16

Dear America, Dr.Jill Biden is what an intelligent educated accomplished first lady looks like. (She has a PHD and a passion for teaching.) Not the current one that Republicans like to push, Melania Trump. (And yes I know that we've had other first ladies who have definitely fit the bill. I'm so sick of Trump supporters mentioning how beautiful Melania is how classy and how she speaks five languages. (I have long suspected what I think she can say in five languages.)

And look Trump supporters, Jill Biden is even blonde like all of your female Fox news personalities.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 23
  • Love 1

The main evening news was just on Irish TV and was a half hour longer than usual as it had a US election special. Everyone on it, from the presenters to our Taoiseach (head of government) were GIDDY with delight that Joe had done it!!! ?

There wasn't any attempt to contain their joy and relief that we'd now be dealing with a rational grownup on Irish-American issues, particularly with the looming horror of Brexit and its impact on Northern Ireland.

I didn't realise that even aside from his Irish-American roots (he has 8 Irish great-grandparents apparently!) Joe has visited Ireland many times and has spoken many times about his feelings of love and connection with Ireland. I cried when I watched the announcement live on CNN but I cried again when I watched our own news and realised we now have an ally in the fight to prioritise the Good Friday Agreement in upcoming negotiations with Britain.

Joe is ours, we're claiming him like we did JFK!!! :romance-inlove::romance-inlove::romance-inlove:

• Upvote 8
  • Love 28

1 minute ago, Zebedee said:

@bird and who doesn't love Lord Buckethead?

Lord Buckethead makes me smile every time I see pictures of him. 

• I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm not a curry girl, but can I come over for wine?

Of course! I won't be eating curry tonight either, now! But I do have half a dozen bottles of very nice Italian Primitivo, Montepulciano and Barbera (thanks, Lidl! They have an excellent selection here) so plenty to go round. Plus, Lidl is open until 10, another hour here, so I can do another quick booze run - well, walk - you guys are OK with kipping on the sofa, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I went out for my daily walk and am playing catch up.  

interesting note from Claire about the Allegheny county ballot dump.  Military! Biden beat Trump on a wad of military ballots.  

When you refer to the men and women serving our country as suckers and losers, you will lose their respect (assuming you had it to begin with) and their votes.  

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, GOODBYE!

• Upvote 19
  • Love 9

(Sung loudly and triumphantly to the tune of “YMCA”)

Donald, it’s your time to say bye, because 

Donald, at this news you will cry, and poor 

Donald, now you’d better get high, because

This just happened and now BOMP BOMP BOMP BOMP:

Joe is the big winner today!

Your whiny tweeting won’t get in his way!

All the ballots will count

And his numbers will mount

In a big blue cascading fount!

Donald, just get on your golf cart, and poor

Donald, please don’t take this to heart, or, yeah,

Donald, maybe you should just start 

To get a freaking clue, you dumb fart—

Joe won and his big win will stay!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

I love curry, but unfortunately there will be none tonight here either. There will however, be cake! It’s sort of red/white/blue themed! 

A62141D4-FAE2-467C-8BC6-13557CA937D8.jpeg

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 20

5 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

we now have an ally in the fight to prioritise the Good Friday Agreement in upcoming negotiations with Britain.

This is another reason I'm insanely happy about the result! The British government need to be put firmly back in their place. How dare they continue on this ridiculous path without a thought for the consequences. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 7

Oh, the irony! From the New York Times (which is not allowing comments on this article):

Jodi Lavoie-Carnes, 48, a dental hygienist who lives in Dover, New Hampshire, supported President Trump for re-election. On Saturday, she was shocked and disturbed by the boisterous celebrations of Biden supporters, who had gathered in her town waving profane anti-Trump signs.

The tone was so negative that she wondered what lies ahead for the country.

“I’m like, are you serious?” she said. “The language doesn’t need to be there. My children need to drive by that.”

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.

Oh, sweetie, have you been in a coma for the last four years? If your children are used to seeing BIPOC murdered by the police, and children being torn from their parents' arms and locked in cages, they're not likely to be traumatized by a little swear word. If they are old enough to read they are old enough to have heard those words many times before. Get down off your high horse and get over it.

• Upvote 39

15 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Of course! I won't be eating curry tonight either, now! But I do have half a dozen bottles of very nice Italian Primitivo, Montepulciano and Barbera (thanks, Lidl! They have an excellent selection here) so plenty to go round. Plus, Lidl is open until 10, another hour here, so I can do another quick booze run - well, walk - you guys are OK with kipping on the sofa, right?

I'll be right over! I can bring snacks!

• Upvote 4

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.

We don't believe in free speech any longer?

• Upvote 12

19 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

This is accurate, AFAICT:

2010208285_CirclesofSuck.thumb.jpg.a20e42f9fd9dbeb0bf7254c1a88bd7db.jpg

And they could put Trump in the Lost popular vote circle too.  Twice!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And they could put Trump in the Lost popular vote circle too.  Twice!

Well, he is in there once - a second picture of him might confuse things. But a little arrow or asterisk with 2X might be nice.

Regardless, this might be my favorite venn diagram of all times.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

This might have gotten lost in the shuffle, but isn’t this infrastructure week?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

Congrats American friends! (and me since I live here lol) 

While the biggest social issues can never be fully solved in this current political system, I am so happy that your country will no longer be run by a proto-fascist lunatic! 

He and the Republican Party tried to undo so much of the good that had been done within the system. 

I hope the American people keep Biden/Harris accountable to their promises. 

FUCK TRUMP AND HIS DEPRAVED PARTY!! 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic