IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

8 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

And don’t let the door hit you in your ample ass!

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 9

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

That is so wonderful! Pointing out karma and local-news-based humor at it's best.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think you can hear a sigh of relief after he says it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

I've never really watched CNN until this election campaign, but over the last few days, I've developed a major crush on pretty much the entire election team (barring Frothy, lol) especially Jake Tapper when he throws shade! Will be nice not to have the news on 24/7 soon. Not yet though. The joy is infectious thousands of miles away.

• Upvote 19

Sassoli, the president of the European Parliament.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 14

6 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Make it Pay Per View, use the $$$ to implement Medicare For All

image.png.72eeb7ed5ecb040d0d1bf632177efacf.png

I'm in for purchasing this important PPV event! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 10

The only thing I’m bummed about is that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert doesn’t run on Saturday.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

I've never really watched CNN until this election campaign, but over the last few days, I've developed a major crush on pretty much the entire election team (barring Frothy, lol) especially Jake Tapper when he throws shade! Will be nice not to have the news on 24/7 soon. Not yet though. The joy is infectious thousands of miles away.

I've been a CNN junkie since 2016. That's why I suspected there was a call pending when suddenly they swapped the teams in the middle of an hour. That just doesn't happen. 

Jake is a fucking delight, and so is Gloria. John and his love of math is hilarious. I love all of them basically, except for Frothy. Still, Frothy is an improvement over Scottie and some of the other interchangeable Faux News blondes they used to have. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, smittykins said:

The only thing I’m bummed about is that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert doesn’t run on Saturday.

After watching Van Jones cry, Colbert was the first person I thought of. He may still have some happy tears to shed by Monday, as well as some funny and insightful things to say.

I want a Randy Rainbow video, too!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I am so here for this week's Last Week Tonight. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I've been a CNN junkie since 2016.

I'm a BBC girl usually, what with being a Brit living in the EU. I need my cricket news, and there are no adverts either, but the snark talent on CNN is exceptional. I'm a bit disappointed CNN doesn't seem to have the swing-o-meter for elections though. Without a swing-o-meter, I'm not sure we Brits would even bother with watching election nights, it's the best part.
I switched to Fox to see how they were covering stuff, and I didn't last 10 seconds. Some guy with a comical moustache was making totally incoherent comments about being from Ohio, and counting votes. It is actually unbearable to listen to, I don't understand how people stand it. Switched back to CNN to see Andrew Yang basically lose it and start shouting "YAY, JOE" - practically dancing on the desk. Yesterday, or maybe the day before? All the days are blurred into one now...

• Upvote 10

My mom was about to make her lunch, and joked that it would be salty due to her happy tears falling into it. I reassured her that it wouldn't raise her sodium level, since it came out of her in the first place.

Yeah, we're a little giddy, can you tell?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 6

Statement from my favourite POTUS of my lifetime:
"Rosalynn joins me in congratulating our friends President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. We are proud of their well-run campaign and look forward to seeing the positive change they bring to our nation."
Love Jimmy Carter. So glad he's around to see Agent Orange fired. Hope he is alive to see the first female POC POTUS too.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 24

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic