IGNORED

2020 Election Results 5: The Nightmare Is Over (For now)

Destiny

13 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Georgia probably won't be called until the recount, but it seems pretty likely Biden will end up with Georgia and Arizona. Which means the electoral votes (before faithless electors) is the same as 4 years ago but flipped.

Trump called it a landslide and a mandate in 2016, surely he will be consistent now!  

Spoiler

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Not trying to bring anyone down, I'm super pumped as well, but just as a reminder - we still have all the same broken systems that brought us Trump in the first place. Removing him was a crucial first step to fixing America but the war is just beginning. Celebrate, breathe, take a few days - and then we have to get back to work.

Also, FUCK YEAH PENNSYLVANIA!!!!!

Anyone here from GA? Beyond money, because that’s too easy, what can we do to help get out the message to VOTE in the Senatorial run off elections? I want to help!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I just hope the NYC is showing their love of the orange menace in their traditional way, with the one finger salute.

Dancing and partying in the streets, which is beautiful.

That said, it's 2020 and I hope these parties do not become super spreader events. Party in the USA, but please wear your masks!

Edited by Destiny
  • I Agree 31

I just want to thank all of you wonderful people for keeping me focused, more positive, and severely less stressed and anxious this last week. Especially from Tuesday night on.  As another poster commented, I just want to hug you all. :group-hug:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 14

12 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Trump called it a landslide and a mandate in 2016, surely he will be consistent now!  

Spoiler

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I'm sure he won't be.

Just for fun though, President Biden could remind Trump how many votes he won by, both popular vote and the electoral votes.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if there'll be a party in Oakland since that's where VICE PRESIDENT ELECT Harris is from. I actually went to her launch rally there last year.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I haven’t posted on here before but I’ve been following along and I’m just so happy for you America! I’m sitting here across the pond in tears. Maybe now all this is over I can finally finish my college work - haven’t been able to do a thing since Monday!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 21

I'M ELECTION DRUNK LET'S ALL GO GET THE LIBERTY BELL, A PEACH, AND SOME DICE TATTOOED ON OUR ASSES TO THANK PA/GA/NV

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 24
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Donny was golfing 

Frankly, I'd be happy if he golfed 10 hours a day for the next 74 days. It's not like he is going to get any actual work done to help the country in that timeframe. And he does less damage to the world while he's golfing.

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Dancing and partying in the streets, which is beautiful.

That said, it's 2020 and I hope these parties do not become super spreader events. Party in the USA, but please wear your masks!

The videos I've seen showed the vast majority of people wearing masks.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I just want to thank all of you wonderful people for keeping me focused, more positive, and severely less stressed and anxious this last week. Especially from Tuesday night on.  As another poster commented, I just want to hug you all.

Yes, this! I have struggled so much, and felt so alone here in my very red state, in a sea of Republicans, including nearly all of my family. I have been in misery and despair so many times since 2016, and I have wept for the future of my children. I dreaded this week so much because I knew how it would go, and I knew how I would feel. But getting through it with you was so much easier, and often, it was even fun (which....I mean, I never thought that was possible). So thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 37

As a Canadian I am so so happy with this news! I haven't been to the States since 2016 and I'm very much looking forward to visiting friends and family down there (when covid is over) without having to worry (as much) about whether it is safe to bring my (Black, immigrant) husband with me! I can't imagine how much more relieved you must all feel who have actually had to live under Trump for the last four years! Congratulations!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 21

Not that it matters, but Nevada got called Biden too at some point in the last couple of hours. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 5

Just now, Destiny said:

Not that it matters, but Nevada got called Biden too at some point in the last couple of hours. 

Every electoral vote beyond 270 rubs more salt in Trump's gaping wound and I am all for that.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 21

Every electoral vote beyond 270 rubs more salt in Trump's gaping wound and I am all for that.

Because I am a petty jerk sometimes, SAMESIES! The idea of his tears delights me.
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14

1 hour ago, Zebedee said:

Bill Barr hasn't been seen recently, has he?

Anyone else remember the scene from Raising Arizona, when John Goodman's character dug his way out of prison? 

Yahoo!  Congrats to our next President Joe Biden and next Veep, Kamala Harris!!!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic